Signature Drink at Gaston's

SleepingMonk

Standard plastic cup prices...

LeFou's Brew... And ButterBeer.....
dri228954SMALL.jpg
bg1P4030148.jpg

Fox&Hound

Best...news...ever! I've had this drink in CA and it's awesome! Why shouldn't WDW partake? It's a proven success and guests will love it! Some people on this board are actually angry that it's not vintage France? Wow...Some people always find something to complain about. Shouldn't this be a site where we can celebrate exciting Disney news? If I wanted constant Disney bashing I'd check out a non-Disney site like Universal....

lazyboy97o

I think that you are right, that there is a trend towards dumbing down, and no one likes that... Outcry over the cheesy cups that everyone of my kids is going to want... yeah i can see that. Worrying about a drink, not so much.
This is not just a drink like Coca-Cola. It's not even some new Disney initiative intended to be at every fountain. It's supposed to be more, something special.

Best...news...ever! I've had this drink in CA and it's awesome! Why shouldn't WDW partake? It's a proven success and guests will love it! Some people on this board are actually angry that it's not vintage France? Wow...Some people always find something to complain about. Shouldn't this be a site where we can celebrate exciting Disney news? If I wanted constant Disney bashing I'd check out a non-Disney site like Universal....
I'd love to celebrate exciting Disney news and i shall happily do so when there is exciting news about Disney.

Californian Elitist

Just because something is successful in one park doesn't mean another park should just go ahead and do the exact same thing. People have a problem with this because it shows the lack of care put into this project. For Cars Land, Imagineers were sent out across Route 66 to gather ideas for the project, including food ideas. Why couldn't they do this in Florida for the Fantasyland project? This drink doesn't represent France at all, and it was flat out taken from a land that acknowledges the car culture. That makes no sense whatsoever. The theme is off. Why do we always have to be completely positive on these forums? Just because we're Disney fans means we can't criticize them and call them out when appropriate? Oh and by the way, out of both companies, Universal gets bashed the most from Disney fans. I've almost never seen Universal fans bash Disney as much as Disney fans bash Universal.

SirLink

Well if this is exciting news we have fallen into a cavern of despair.

threeyoda

Original Poster
Some of you are complaining that its not authentic enough to 18th century France?? Seriously?? In case you forgot you are in the land of make believe called WDW. What do you suggest? Champagne and wine? Well WDW is a dry park in case you forgot that also.

I agree. It's frozen apple juice with fruit foam served in a fast food place in a theme park. Some people get way too worked up over nothing.

threeyoda

Original Poster
Just because something is successful in one park doesn't mean another park should just go ahead and do the exact same thing. People have a problem with this because it shows the lack of care put into this project. For Cars Land, Imagineers were sent out across Route 66 to gather ideas for the project, including food ideas. Why couldn't they do this in Florida for the Fantasyland project? This drink doesn't represent France at all, and it was flat out taken from a land that acknowledges the car culture. That makes no sense whatsoever. The theme is off. Why do we always have to be completely positive on these forums? Just because we're Disney fans means we can't criticize them and call them out when appropriate? Oh and by the way, out of both companies, Universal gets bashed the most from Disney fans. I've almost never seen Universal fans bash Disney as much as Disney fans bash Universal.

It's frozen apple juice! How in the world does that relate to car culture? I think the theme is off in DCA. How does frozen apple juice with fruit foam relate to car culture, nonetheless Route 66. Plus, how could Disney send Imagineers to an 18th century French village or an underwater mermaid city to gather ideas. The places represented in New Fantasyland are either extremely fictional or don't exist anymore. Cars Land is based on an area that is still very much in existence. Just like Imagineers travelled to Nepal to build Expedition Everest.

Californian Elitist

It's frozen apple juice! How in the world does that relate to car culture? I think the theme is off in DCA. How does frozen apple juice with fruit foam relate to car culture, nonetheless Route 66. Plus, how could Disney send Imagineers to an 18th century French village or an underwater mermaid city to gather ideas. The places represented in New Fantasyland are either extremely fictional or don't exist anymore. Cars Land is based on an area that is still very much in existence. Just like Imagineers travelled to Nepal to build Expedition Everest.

Fits better with car culture than France. Why even ask that question? Obviously there's no time machine where people can go back to 18th century France. But even a current French beverage would have been better than some frozen apple juice from another park. They're lazy. At least the Cars Land team made an effort to think of something on their own. That's all I'm saying. Instead of taking the easy way out and just taking a drink that already exists, they could have and should have created something completely new and tasty. But they didn't. Once again, they're lazy.

SirLink

Easy get them to read a 18th Century French cookbook - but it's more likely its being done by F+B management. Oh and onto your pre-edited post, as have I traveled through most of France didn't realise they grew Mangos and Passion Fruit in the 18th Century - which are used to create the foam. But like you say Apples, Pears and to add Black Cherries are the main types of fruit along with certain citrus varieties that are grown.

And on the last point a book that was set in France, that was published in the mid 18th Century, created by a company that is renowned for the little details, created a sub land based on this - and couldn't come up with an idea that was better than "Lets order two vats of syrup and foam" I think I need a tablet for this migraine.

threeyoda

Original Poster
Fits better with car culture than France. Why even ask that question? Obviously there's no time machine where people can go back to 18th century France. But even a current French beverage would have been better than some frozen apple juice from another park. They're lazy. At least the Cars Land team made an effort to think of something on their own. That's all I'm saying. Instead of taking the easy way out and just taking a drink that already exists, they could have and should have created something completely new and tasty. But they didn't. Once again, they're lazy.

How? Please explain how frozen apple juice fits with car culture. And I asked that question because you suggested that Imagineers should've gone and done research for the expansion. And how do you know that it wasn't developed for both parks, or for Magic Kingdom specifically, and then taken for Cars Land due to them opening first. Honestly, it makes more sense in Fantasyland then in Cars Land, but that's just me.

lazyboy97o

I agree. It's frozen apple juice with fruit foam served in a fast food place in a theme park. Some people get way too worked up over nothing.
What is a theme park? That is at the crux of so many of these issues. Is it simply a place for mindless amusement or is it a creative medium? Why do we expect some degree of accuracy in historical fiction when it is presented in literature or film, but not in a built, experiential environment? If it is just an amusement not worthy of thought, then what is wrong with all of us on here that we spend so much time, money and brainpower even pondering something of little to no value? Would we have accepted a passion fruit and mango topping as part of the quiet village, a poor provincial town?

DisneyWall-E

Well, I for one can not wait to taste this at Gaston's Tavern. I will most likely never get over to Disneyland in the next 5 years so this LeFou's Brew will be new and unique to me.

lazyboy97o

How? Please explain how frozen apple juice fits with car culture. And I asked that question because you suggested that Imagineers should've gone and done research for the expansion. And how do you know that it wasn't developed for both parks, or for Magic Kingdom specifically, and then taken for Cars Land due to them opening first. Honestly, it makes more sense in Fantasyland then in Cars Land, but that's just me.
I would hypothesize that the presence of other specialty drinks within Cars Land suggests more that it was created for that land and not the Magic Kingdom. Cars Land did not expunge beverage staples like the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, so there was no need to offer an array of specialty beverages. Red's Apple Freeze is one of several speciality beverages developed for the land and, unlike Butterbeer, was in no way crucial to the storytelling of the land.

Californian Elitist

I said it fits BETTER, but I will say apple juice is a classic drink Americans love. Apple juice will fit probably anything but when you've got something as rich as French culture to work with, why not do some research and create something based on a nice European drink? What's the harm in that? They could have done so much better than just apple juice. I'm sure if the drink was initially created for both parks, the articles that came out about the food for Cars Land months ago would have mentioned it. I'm sure there would have been a mention of how there were plans of using the same drink for Fantasyland. No sign of that in any of those past articles, so I very much highly doubt it was initially created for both parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom