Should there be more benefits for people staying at better resorts?

More for deluxe guests?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

thewhitequeen

The resorts and parks are totally separate. I don't believe the club level in Disney is a value, but I also don't believe for a minute Disney will add amenities. They already know how to draw the suckers, um err I mean guests with the small offerings of bagels and cookies. Why would they add more benefits?

I'm sure many guests (off site and on) would consider buying a front of the line pass though (just like Universal and Seaworld offer). I don't see an issue with that option either.

scotth1224

I think that paying more always gets you more. Take food for example, I want more food, im going to have to pay. I think the same goes for Disney. The more you throw down on your trip, the more experience you should be able to enjoy.

This is not to say that staying in a moderate or value resort won't be a great time. Its just that the little extra value you pay should get you some perks..

I mean if you look at it as it already stands, You pay more for a nicer, fancier, more comfortable setting at a high end hotel or resort. We pay more for a hopper pass than a regular pass. We pay more for a high end restaurant, than a quick food stop. Its fairly obvious that if you pay more, you get more.

Its already an established fact throughout all of life, not just in Disney. I'm not gonna spend the big bucks if I'm not getting something back in return.

I happen to agree with you 100%
Unfortunately for me, I cant really afford to stay at the deluxe resorts very often. But you are correct, pay more get more is the American way....why else should some guy get to sit in first class and have more room than me on the flight to Disney. Is his worth as a human more than mine......Nope.....Brother just got MO CASH!!!!

trav1921

I dont care either way I work for the airlines so I never pay full price no matter what I do at WDW. But if I was shelling out 10k for a vacation I could see the argument, but then again staying at deluxe all the way through value there is definate perks for staying at a deluxe like say restaurants, bus schedules, kids, etc. how much are you willing to pay for quiet time. If 10k is it then its it.

Cmoore12282

ok so i've been skimming through this the past few days and finally decided to chime in. I think the obvious answer as most said is that special treatment should not extend outside of the resort. You are paying extra for the resort, park tickets are all the same and thats how they should stay. I do not have any problem with someone getting more if they are willing to pay for it, as long as it doesn't affect the average person on vacation. However, after all my skimming through, i haven't seen one legitimate suggestion of what else extra anyone would want (even from mr jimmy himself). Let me know if i missed it, i'd just like to know what it is you people want. This whole vip fast pass thing doesn't seem like a good idea, it would affect others waiting in line and im not even a real fan of the current fast pass system. So other then that, what else are you asking for?

jakeman

No because they are given to so few they do not effect the regular every day guest. That is the entire issue here that some people just can not seem to grasp. Benefits and perks are just fine but when you take away from one person to give to another you run into a problem. And I am not even talking on some hippie "lets hold hands and live together in peace man" level. I am talking straight business. If Disney were to have some sort of golden fastpass how long would it take for reviews like "We spent 5k on a trip and did not get to go on more than one or two rides because all of the golden fastpasses!" to get around? Before too long people will just go elsewhere.
Exactly. The point is, the perks that are being discussed are not a wise business move. That's pretty much it.

A couple of hundred dollars (or thousand) per family for a perk (regardless of what it is) isn't going to offset the money lost by those that are infringed upon (either truly or perceived) not returning.

It's just not good business.

captainkidd

ok so i've been skimming through this the past few days and finally decided to chime in. I think the obvious answer as most said is that special treatment should not extend outside of the resort. You are paying extra for the resort, park tickets are all the same and thats how they should stay. I do not have any problem with someone getting more if they are willing to pay for it, as long as it doesn't affect the average person on vacation. However, after all my skimming through, i haven't seen one legitimate suggestion of what else extra anyone would want (even from mr jimmy himself). Let me know if i missed it, i'd just like to know what it is you people want. This whole vip fast pass thing doesn't seem like a good idea, it would affect others waiting in line and im not even a real fan of the current fast pass system. So other then that, what else are you asking for?

I'm hardly rich, but if I'm willing to pay extra to not stand in line, I think it's fair. Universal does it because they can, only having 3 resorts on property. It would be difficult for Disney to do it with amount of resorts they have. However, if they were to offer it as part of a Club Level package of some sort, I think it's fair. Sorry if people can't afford it. That's life. Some people can't afford to go to Disney at all. Does that mean those that can afford shouldn't go because they feel guilty about making more money?

BigRedDad

I'm hardly rich, but if I'm willing to pay extra to not stand in line, I think it's fair.

I don't think anyone disagrees with this. However, the whole purpose and concept of this thread is Klanish and Elitist mentality.

What Jimmy Thick is asking for is something he and others ARE NOT paying for. What they are paying for they are already getting. Now, if WDW decided to put these perks in the room reservations for everyone to make a decision between Deluxe and the rest, then not a single person would be complaining. The issue is that this is not the case. I think if he knew how to pose the question properly, then people would be far more sympathetic to what he is asking. It is not his fault that he cannot communicate in the manner he is intending. Well, maybe it is his fault. He would have been better off posting this Poll in this fashion:

The cost of a Deluxe resort vacation is vastly more expensive than a vacation staying at a Value resort. What could WDW add to a Deluxe vacation package that would entice more people to stay in these levels of resorts at the prices they are charging?

It is all in the wording of what is being asked. Jimmy threw out an elitist message that he spent $10k on a vacation and he should get something more than what he was contracted to receive. $10k would help someone keep their home for another year before foreclosure. He needs to learn to think before he speaks. He basically had both feet in his mouth before he spoke.

The angst is coming from someone that is probably the first person to complain about welfare, US money going to Haiti, and any other programs that look to help others far less fortunate. However, he is the first in line for a free handout for people that do not need one or should not be entitled to one.

jakeman

I don't think anyone disagrees with this. However, the whole purpose and concept of this thread is Klanish and Elitist mentality.
This is the second time you have stated this suggestion is Klanish. If I am correct in assuming that you mean the KKK, I'm not sure that any perks that Disney could give its guest would bear any comparision to anything the Klan has done.

Trotting out the Klan in analogies is the same as envoking the Nazis. I'll say the same to: Disney could hire a cast member who's sole purpose is to punch babies in the face and it would never compare to the evils committd by the Klan.

It is all in the wording of what is being asked. Jimmy threw out an elitist message that he spent $10k on a vacation and he should get something more than what he was contracted to receive. $10k would help someone keep their home for another year before foreclosure. He needs to learn to think before he speaks. He basically had both feet in his mouth before he spoke.
Almost all the money that is spent at WDW could be used for a more altruistic purpose than a vacation. While I agree that the OP's post seems intentionally abrasive, it's hard to cast moral judgements on how each other spends their discretionary income on a WDW fan site.

The angst is coming from someone that is probably the first person to complain about welfare, US money going to Haiti, and any other programs that look to help others far less fortunate. However, he is the first in line for a free handout for people that do not need one or should not be entitled to one.
I'm not sure we have enough information about the OP to make these kind of judgements.

Despite his posting style, he has propelled a very interesting discussion.

thewhitequeen

What Jimmy Thick is asking for is something he and others ARE NOT paying for. What they are paying for they are already getting. Now, if WDW decided to put these perks in the room reservations for everyone to make a decision between Deluxe and the rest, then not a single person would be complaining. The issue is that this is not the case. I think if he knew how to pose the question properly, then people would be far more sympathetic to what he is asking. It is not his fault that he cannot communicate in the manner he is intending. Well, maybe it is his fault. He would have been better off posting this Poll in this fashion:

The cost of a Deluxe resort vacation is vastly more expensive than a vacation staying at a Value resort. What could WDW add to a Deluxe vacation package that would entice more people to stay in these levels of resorts at the prices they are charging?

It would be a cold day in He$# the day my family spends $10k on a Disney vacation. It's not worth it.

DisneyJoe

It would be a cold day in He$# the day my family spends $10k on a Disney vacation. It's not worth it.

Throwing around a $10k number for a vacation means nothing without more details - ie. a per person cost. What do I mean? Compare spending $10k for a honeymoon trip for 2 people vs spending $10k for a family of 20 people.

captainkidd

Depends. For some, it is worth it. I spent about $10K last summer for 2 weeks and it was well worth it for me. I've already spent about $8K for our August trip, and I don't regret it for a second.

rsoxguy

I'm not sure we have enough information about the OP to make these kind of judgements.

Despite his posting style, he has propelled a very interesting discussion.

While I agree that it is hard to determine an individual's motivation and positioning when reading short statements made by him on an internet forum, perhaps it is best to let them speak for themselves.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=544458&page=3

I will quote Mr. Thick from the forum link above:

Wanna have fun watching people keep their cool?

Just check out one of my threads.

Jimmy Thick- LOLZ!

I agree with jakeman's concern regarding the casual use of very strong labels, along with the fact that Mr. Thick has perhaps inadvertently propelled an interesting conversation, but it would seem that Mr. Thick's motivation involves more than mere intellectual thought.

Jimmy Thick

Original Poster

Lolz, what?

Jimmy Thick- Another thread, coming soon!

Jimmy Thick

Original Poster
While I agree that it is hard to determine an individual's motivation and positioning when reading short statements made by him on an internet forum, perhaps it is best to let them speak for themselves.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=544458&page=3

I will quote Mr. Thick from the forum link above:

Wanna have fun watching people keep their cool?

Just check out one of my threads.

Jimmy Thick- LOLZ!

I agree with jakeman's concern regarding the casual use of very strong labels, along with the fact that Mr. Thick has perhaps inadvertently propelled an interesting conversation, but it would seem that Mr. Thick's motivation involves more than mere intellectual thought.

Hardly, my threads are strategically designed to not have a right or wrong answer, but more importantly invite debate. If for some reason people are jealous of my ability to actually make people think, that is unfortunately, on them. I am well above the rude concept of name calling or internet flaming and feel those that resort to such acts just can't keep up with, as you say, intellectual thought.

And people seem to demand I pay attention to them, but I feel they are just Jimmy fans.

Jimmy Thick- I move among you all!

rsoxguy

you are contradictory in your statements when compared to the link above. Sorry Jimmy, but I just don't buy your PR

Jimmy Thick

Original Poster
you are contradictory in your statements when compared to the link above. Sorry Jimmy, but I just don't buy your PR

The statement is true, as is the statement in the link above. I can't help it I bring out responses that make people passionately take sides.

Its a level of genius.

Or maybe its because I was on the debate team in college?

Jimmy Thick- Its good being Jimmy!

rsoxguy

Jimmy, I am honestly having a difficult time deducing whether you are a bored juvenile, or an adult who has not yet developed the proper social skills required for an acceptable level of maturity. I truly mean this as no insult, and in either case I wish you well in life. Goodbye.

jakeman

I agree. I was refering mostly to the inference on the OPs use of entitlement programs and cartitable donations.

I make no arguement that the thread's generation was not self serving, regardless of the interesting discussion that ensued.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom