Should there be more benefits for people staying at better resorts?

More for deluxe guests?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MDL8981

Count me in the "no" group. I've been on both ends of the spectrum here. I'm 28 years old, and have been to WDW many times (more then are listed below in my sig--not enough room to list every stay! :animwink:)

My parents started bringing me to WDW at an early age. The first trip I really remember was when we stayed at the Grand Floridian in 1988--I was seven. I believe we stayed on the concierge level--I just remember how beautiful the hotel and room were--remember it had just opened. The level of service was amazing. The early 90s rolled around--both my parents lost their jobs due to the recession at that time. Life was difficult for a few years there as they struggled to recover. We still made it down to WDW a few times in that time frame, but obviously w/o the disposable income we had at one time. We stayed off-site at places on I-Drive and 192. We also stayed at a few moderate resorts in that decade--Dixie Landings and CBR. Later on, we became DVC members. We've stayed at OKW, Kidani Village, Boardwalk Villas and we're staying at BLT in our next trip.

My point is--I've seen from both sides. The "we have a ton of money, lets go crazy" trip, to the "we have to budget well, stay at a cheap place" trip.

NOBODY should be treated different. When you stay at a Deluxe resort, all those extra perks you get, the ambiance, the rooms, the hotel layout, the food, the pools, the service-THATS what you pay for. When you stay at a Quality Inn on 192? You get what you pay for. But once you step foot into the parks? Nobody should be treated any differently IMO.

Honest John

NOBODY should be treated different. When you stay at a Deluxe resort, all those extra perks you get, the ambiance, the rooms, the hotel layout, the food, the pools, the service-THATS what you pay for. When you stay at a Quality Inn on 192? You get what you pay for. But once you step foot into the parks? Nobody should be treated any differently IMO.

I have a tough time buying that many of you who express this sentiment sincerely believe it.

Raise your hand if you leave the parks in disgust when you're a resort guest and EMH start as a show of solidarity with the people who stay at the Quality Inn on 192.

Jimmy Thick

Original Poster
I have a tough time buying that many of you who express this sentiment sincerely believe it.

Raise your hand if you leave the parks in disgust when you're a resort guest and EMH start as a show of solidarity with the people who stay at the Quality Inn on 192.

Lolz.

I think my next topic might be:

Should Disney World only be for guests staying at Disney resorts?

I think, since people like to use this crutch, I think that was the way Walt envisioned it.

sjaakie

So if you buy a premium ticket for a show, lets say fist row , you will fully except the fact that those who bought a cheaper ticket get your seat?

According to your statement once inside every one is equal?
The VIP pases will come very soon and they will be a great success.

sjaakie

Lolz.

I think my next topic might be:

Should Disney World only be for guests staying at Disney resorts?

I think, since people like to use this crutch, I think that was the way Walt envisioned it.

I would really like to see them clean out the parks for EMH.
This should only be for on side guests.

Jimmy Thick

Original Poster
I would really like to see them clean out the parks for EMH.
This should only be for on side guests.

I personally don't care if they clean out the park of the people who don't qualify for EMH, those people just can't ride the rides, and rightfully so.

The values, while not deluxe quality, are still better than the crap found on 192, and not THAT much more.

swrtrr

I personally don't care if they clean out the park of the people who don't qualify for EMH, those people just can't ride the rides, and rightfully so.

The values, while not deluxe quality, are still better than the crap found on 192, and not THAT much more.

But they are still better than you, as are most of the people staying on 192, because you are nowhere near deluxe quality.

sjaakie

But why must I stand behind them when the parade passes Main Street?
Why should they get seated in a restaurant when the perk is EHM for on side guests?
Not onside? Off you go :wave:

the-reason14

But why must I stand behind them when the parade passes Main Street?
Why should they get seated in a restaurant when the perk is EHM for on side guests?
Not onside? Off you go :wave:

I just wish they would bring back the wrist bands. Pulling out your room key at every attraction is annoying as hell.

Andrew54

I just wish they would bring back the wrist bands. Pulling out your room key at every attraction is annoying as hell.

Anyone who has ever had a roomkey ever can also continue to ride the rides. They are not checking the date at all, they just check to see that you have a blue card. I say bring back the wrist bands and check the dates when handing the wrist bands.

TheDisneyGirl02

I voted no because once the guests enter the parks, everyone is equal. Nobody cares if you spent $10,000 on your hotel room. You spent X amount of money to get into the parks just the same as the person next to you. Why should you get to go in front of me because you spent more money on the place where you sleep?

We usually stay in a moderate, but I have stayed at all of values. I have stayed at two of the deluxe resorts, Poly and Contemporary. Although both are very nice, the price alone is enough to scare me away.

Personally, I'd rather save my money by staying at a moderate and spend it on merchandise. After all, the merchandise will last a lot longer than a night in a hotel or the chance to get to the front of the line.

copcarguyp71

I voted no even though we have stayed at all deluxe resorts. The only Idea I had was maybe preferred dining reservations at any of the eateries actually located in any of the deluxe resorts.

When you think about it you can get more preferred treatment...it is called the club level rooms. Your own concierge desk that truly seems like they can pull strings to get ressies (even though nobody will confirm that) and the real nice fully stocked concierge lounge.

The pools at each deluxe resort are, in my experience much nicer except for the contemporary pool which I was not impressed with ,plus the larger room sizes and location closer to the parks.

I do not think that where you choose to sleep should dictate any preferencial treatment once inside the parks...we all pay the same money to walk through the gate regardless of what we choose to pay for a bed.

tizzo

If you don't like giving people extra Fastpasses for example out of dislike of an "elitist principle" than you should request all those other incentives be removed. After all, it's not fair to those staying off site that you're getting all that stuff.

I would disagree, for the reason I gave before. You can't give a FP to a deluxe resort guest without taking one from someone else, because of the nature of how the system works.

It makes perfect sense to provide special treatment to those who pay for premium level accommodations, and Disney does this in spades. However, when you take my $79 to get into the park, and then tell me I can't have something that was included in that $79 price tag, whether it be a FP to get on Space Mountain or whatever, because you sold it to someone else -- well, that's where we run into problems.

That is essentially what Universal does with their FP equivalent, which they call EP. They sell it to everyone who enters the park as part of the price of admission (their marketing language, not mine), and then they take it away from some so that they can resell it to someone else.

surfsupdon

I always felt that there should be more perks for those staying at Deluxe Resorts, but dealing with transportation perks. Yes, The Values and Moderates share busses, or have several stops within a Resort. Deluxes should not!

If I'm shelling out big bucks to stay at a Deluxe, I want the transportation to mimic the cost. For example, MK and Epcot Deluxes should NOT share bussing, or limit it to a sister Resort. The numerous stops is not of a "deluxe cateory." Grand Flo-Poly-Contemp??! Yacht/Beach/BW/Swan/Dolphin?? The best, most efficient transportation right now is Pop Century, the only Resort with dedicated, one stop bus service.

Furthermore, the Resort Bus Terminals are all out of whack. Coronado is first spot at MK??! Ahead of all Deluxes--why?? The Deluxe bus stops should be the shortest walk, followed by Moderates and then Values. At several spots, Riverside has a closer walk than Yacht/Beach. Caribbean Beach is farther away than All Stars/Pop at MK.

captainkidd

I don't care much where the bus stop is. But I agree, they need to address the sharing of buses among Deluxes. I get that the Values have more rooms than the Deluxes, but that's not really the point. The set up is especially odd at the MK resorts. Why does WL share with GF? If anything, have WL share with CR, and have the Poly share with GF.

The Epcot resorts, though this summer will be our first stay there, doesn't bother me as much. Yacht, Beach and Boardwalk are all within walking distance of one another. Going to the park (MK, AK) may be annoying, but coming home, I won't care.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom