Should there be more benefits for people staying at better resorts?

More for deluxe guests?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DisneyJoe

As already stated, in Walt's days the more $ you had, the more attraction tickets you could buy.

Is it fair that those who can afford to eat at table service restaurants in the parks are not forced to eat at counter service locations instead? Is it fair that those with more money can get better souvenirs, or can afford to have someone take their picture for them?

This isn't about a class system, this about a business making money by providing services and products. Everyone can use them, if they choose to.

If guests want special attention in the parks, they can pay for a VIP tour guide http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdwi/en_CA/parks/tourDetail?id=MKVIPServicesTourPage

Duration: 6 hours minimum
Cost: US$175.00 - US$215.00* per hour.

magic2me

No. We stay at all levels of resorts. We chose not to drop $10K in a single trip so we can take more than one per year. Our last trip was at PC and our next is at the WL.

captainkidd

I'll say yes. If you're willing to pay more for something, why not get more?

You pay more money for better seats at a concert. You pay more money for better cuts of steak at restaurants. You pay more money for a better car. You pay more money for a nicer home. Why should Disney be any different?:shrug:

Jimmy Thick

Original Poster
I've personally yet to see a valid argument suggesting why Disney should not offer more for those willing to pay it.

Just saying.

captainkidd

I've personally yet to see a valid argument suggesting why Disney should not offer more for those willing to pay it.

Just saying.

Agreed. Isn't that the way the world works?

"Hey, I know I only paid $10,000 for my Chevy Cobalt, but I want a BMW like my neighbor who paid $50,000 for it. Why shouldn't I be able to have it?"

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member

Just saying.
I do not know why you can't understand that Disney already has what you are asking for it is just not tied to the resort you are staying at and probably costs more than you are willing to pay for it.

Just saying.

SleepingMonk

I do not know why you can't understand that Disney already has what you are asking for it is just not tied to the resort you are staying at and probably costs more than you are willing to pay for it.

Just saying.

Does the VIP tour package offer no waiting, unlimited walk-on privileges throughout your stay?

Universal does for EVERY guest of their resorts.

Disney could at least do the same for club level guests.

DisneyLeo18

I'll say yes. If you're willing to pay more for something, why not get more?

You pay more money for better seats at a concert. You pay more money for better cuts of steak at restaurants. You pay more money for a better car. You pay more money for a nicer home. Why should Disney be any different?:shrug:

Disney isn't different, you pay more and you get to stay at the deluxe hotels. Which are clearly better than the value ones. You are getting the better experience at your resort because that's what you're paying more for.

When you drop $10k for staying at the Grand Floridian, you are still paying $250 or whatever for your week long park hopper. Why should you be treated better in the park when I payed the same amount to get in?

If you want special treatment within the parks, as others have stated you must pay for it. And I agree.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Does the VIP tour package offer no waiting, unlimited walk-on privileges throughout your stay?

Universal does for EVERY guest of their resorts.

Disney could at least do the same for club level guests.
So if there are other resort guests in line in front of you do they let you skip them. I think not.

Could Disney do employ US fast pass system? Sure. But they would have to face the fallout of pi$$ing off every non club member in the parks. They would also have to eliminate free fastpass further angering all of the non club guests in the parks. And what would Disney get for this? Nothing.....as you want it included with your room. Gee wonder why they are not jumping on that idea?:rolleyes:

SleepingMonk

So if there are other resort guests in line in front of you do they let you skip them. I think not.

Could Disney do employ US fast pass system? Sure. But they would have to face the fallout of pi$$ing off every non club member in the parks. They would also have to eliminate free fastpass further angering all of the non club guests in the parks. And what would Disney get for this? Nothing.....as you want it included with your room. Gee wonder why they are not jumping on that idea?:rolleyes:

Not sure what you mean by the first line?

With the Universal ExpressPass you do indeed walk right in front of people waiting in the regular lines. No you don't skip ahead of other resort guests of course.

I understand WDW has many more guests and resorts which is why I said the "VIP FastPass" should be made available to club level guests only. It could be as simple as a gold ID or plastic room key on a lanyard, like Universal, that allows the club level guest to enter the FastPass line as often as they wish. This wouldn't create another line or any real issues, the club level guest would simply have what amounts to an unlimited FastPass.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Not sure what you mean by the first line?

With the Universal ExpressPass you do indeed walk right in front of people waiting in the regular lines. No you don't skip ahead of other resort guests of course.

I understand WDW has many more guests and resorts which is why I said the "VIP FastPass" should be made available to club level guests only. It could be as simple as a gold ID or plastic room key on a lanyard, like Universal, that allows the club level guest to enter the FastPass line as often as they wish. This wouldn't create another line or any real issues, the club level guest would simply have what amounts to an unlimited FastPass.
That is where you are wrong. Fastpass works because it is a very closed system and they can control how many guests can go through every day. With a golden fastpass given out to several thousand guests that closed system would have a very huge, completely unpredictable variable thrown into it. Just imagine you waiting in a regular stand by line for splash mountain and a group of 200 cheerleaders staying at the club level decides to ride it over and over again. The standby line would never move as the fast pass line would always be filled to capacity. I am sure you have already seen something similar to this at the end of the day where the standby line never moves due to late fast passes being accepted. Now just imagine that same condition worsened and occurring from open to close.

Animaniac93-98

If guests want special attention in the parks, they can pay for a VIP tour guide http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdwi/en_CA/parks/tourDetail?id=MKVIPServicesTourPage

Duration: 6 hours minimum
Cost: US$175.00 - US$215.00* per hour.

I was just thinking about this too, and don't forget the other various tours. Most of these "class system" examples are likely not thought of by most people here because they don't use them. However if a new one was introduced it would be known by all in a matter of seconds, because not even a dropped popcorn bag can escape the eyes of the Disney online fan community.

I think Kevin Yee brought up an interesting point about the current value of Disney's deluxe properties and the thought that maybe for the price you're paying you're no getting enough. That along with suggestions for pay extra incentives are interesting and arguably valid things to discuss.

However, complaining about a class system that has and always will exist is about as pointless as complaining about the "presence" of a dead guy begin in the parks simply based on a 24 year old projection on a wall.

And I'd say a thing or two about Jimmy, but I think the great Scotsman is doing a fine job as is.

SleepingMonk

....With a golden fastpass given out to several thousand guests that closed system would have a very huge, completely unpredictable variable thrown into it....

That's just it, I don't think you even have 1,000 club level guests in any park at a given time. I would love to see the actual numbers on it though.

RiversideBunny

With this question about whether guests staying at the Deluxe hotels should also, in additon to having an upscale hotel itself, have extra perks in the park just because of what resort they have, there are questions about things other than a special fast pass.

For instance in a thread on here a while back, a CM related how a guest who was too late to get his kids in line for a character meet before the characters where scheduled to leave said something like, "Well. Here I am spending all this money at the Grand Floridian thing and I can't even get my kids a picture with Mickey Mouse !".

Same question maybe for ADR's and walk-up spots at park restaurants.
Seating at shows, etc. Where would it stop?

The new Fours Seasons hotel will open later on. What extra perks will they get, thanks to WDW incentives?
Does a Four Seasons guest trump a Grand Floridian guest?

My view is that a guest's resort should have no connection with how the guest is treated once inside the parks.

:king:

captainkidd

Disney isn't different, you pay more and you get to stay at the deluxe hotels. Which are clearly better than the value ones. You are getting the better experience at your resort because that's what you're paying more for.

When you drop $10k for staying at the Grand Floridian, you are still paying $250 or whatever for your week long park hopper. Why should you be treated better in the park when I payed the same amount to get in?

If you want special treatment within the parks, as others have stated you must pay for it. And I agree.

Universal does it. Why shouldn't Disney?

I don't need a VIP Tour Guide. I'm not a VIP, nor do I need help navigating the parks. However, if Disney wanted to sell a park hopper for $500 that would allow me to skip the regular lines, I'd pay for it, and don't see any problem with that at all. Since they don't do that, the only way I can see them throwing extra benefits out is to base it on which resort you stay at.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom