Should there be more benefits for people staying at better resorts?

More for deluxe guests?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
That's just it, I don't think you even have 1,000 club level guests in any park at a given time. I would love to see the actual numbers on it though.
If I am not mistaken AKL by itself will hold more than 1000 club level guests. Add Boardwalk, Beach Club, Yacht Club, WL, GF, the Contemporary and the Poly to that and 1000 club level guests in a park would be a light day. And what about DVC? Do you think they will stand for being shortchanged on this new perk? I seriously doubt that they will just sit and wait in a 2 hour standby line at Space Mountain during the value season after putting down $20,000 on a DVC membership.

DisneyLeo18

Universal does it. Why shouldn't Disney?

I'm not familiar with Universal's process of how the express pass works, but isn't the express pass price included when you stay onsite? I could be totally wrong, but I have visited USO and you have the option to purchase the express pass. Would Disney offer that too? I think its a little different for Disney because they do everything they can to get you to stay on property. As Master Yoda said, there will be thousands of Deluxe resort guests within the parks. Given there are more parks at WDW, there are also many more deluxe resorts than USO isn't there?

I wouldn't be totally mad if Disney implemented this but I do think it would be a VERY poor decision. And I don't see it ever happening.

SleepingMonk

If I am not mistaken AKL by itself will hold more than 1000 club level guests. .

Really?

We've stayed at the club level in every deluxe resort, Florida residency has it's perks, and I've never seen more than ten people at a time in any of the lounges. One to two hundred per resort I could see but over a thousand?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
So when or if you stay at a Universal resort you refuse to use the resort guest ExpressPass in the park?

:animwink:
No. I do not go to Universal anymore since they got rid of free fastpass and went to their stay or pay system. I use to go 2 or 3 times per year.

Universal does it. Why shouldn't Disney?

I don't need a VIP Tour Guide. I'm not a VIP, nor do I need help navigating the parks. However, if Disney wanted to sell a park hopper for $500 that would allow me to skip the regular lines, I'd pay for it, and don't see any problem with that at all. Since they don't do that, the only way I can see them throwing extra benefits out is to base it on which resort you stay at.
Because Disney has around ten times the amount of resort space that US does.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Really?

We've stayed at the club level in every deluxe resort, Florida residency has it's perks, and I've never seen more than ten people at a time in any of the lounges. One to two hundred per resort I could see but over a thousand?
I only saw about 10 people in the pool at POP last time I was there. I am pretty sure there were many more people at the resort. Per Allears the club at AKL encompass every room on the top level and most of the rooms on the next to the top level.

SleepingMonk

I only saw about 10 people in the pool at POP last time I was there. I am pretty sure there were many more people at the resort. Per Allears the club at AKL encompass every room on the top level and most of the rooms on the next to the top level.

A quick trip to Google shows AKL as only having 1293 rooms total. Club level rooms and actual guests couldn't be more than a few hundred depending on the season.

Oh and I'm sure the pool at POP is bigger than the club lounge at AKL.

LOL

2lsa7t0.jpg

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
So when or if you stay at a Universal resort you refuse to use the resort guest ExpressPass in the park?

:animwink:

No I wave mine at the poor people as I stroll past in the Express line knowing I have a cool beer waiting for me back at the HRH.

It makes all the hard work and risk of trafficking worth while.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
CLUB 33 MEMBER BENEFITS....

http://www.disneylandclub33.com/member_benefits.htm

Are these perks wrong as well?
No because they are given to so few they do not effect the regular every day guest. That is the entire issue here that some people just can not seem to grasp. Benefits and perks are just fine but when you take away from one person to give to another you run into a problem. And I am not even talking on some hippie "lets hold hands and live together in peace man" level. I am talking straight business. If Disney were to have some sort of golden fastpass how long would it take for reviews like "We spent 5k on a trip and did not get to go on more than one or two rides because all of the golden fastpasses!" to get around? Before too long people will just go elsewhere.

ddrongowski

"Golden Rule"

He who has the gold, makes the rules.

Fair? Life is not fair, most of the time is sucks, get used to it.

Oh and if you were wondering I voted yes.

Also big surprise folks. Disney already does have practices like this. For example there are certain things that conciege guests get to do, that non conciege guests cannot.

RiversideBunny

The trend in resort building and expansion at WDW has been toward the Deluxe and Villa and DVC type resorts.
The other half of Pop Century is still unfinished.

The result is that, going forward, a greater and greater portion of the guest mix in the parks will be of those who are staying at the 'better' resorts.
As that number expands then those guests will become less and less special because there are so many of them.
Then it's right back to square one- who among them gets to go first?

:)

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
The trend in resort building and expansion at WDW has been toward the Deluxe and Villa and DVC type resorts.
The other half of Pop Century is still unfinished.

The result is that, going forward, a greater and greater portion of the guest mix in the parks will be of those who are staying at the 'better' resorts.
As that number expands then those guests will become less and less special because there are so many of them.
Then it's right back to square one- who among them gets to go first?

:)

And cue the Lord of the Flies music.....:rolleyes:

DisneyJoe

If I am not mistaken AKL by itself will hold more than 1000 club level guests.

To reach 1000 club level guests, I would think you would need 200-250 club level rooms...if each room held 4 guests.

According to http://www.wdisneyw.co.uk/aklroom.html , "There are also 51 concierge rooms available." This looks to be info from before Kidani was built and Jambo house rooms were modified.

From http://www.wdisneyw.co.uk/ybcroom.html - the Yacht Club has 71 concierge rooms.

The Boardwalk has 38 concierge rooms.

Grand Floridian 65 concierge rooms.

DisneyJoe

And what about DVC? Do you think they will stand for being shortchanged on this new perk? I seriously doubt that they will just sit and wait in a 2 hour standby line at Space Mountain during the value season after putting down $20,000 on a DVC membership.

If we're talking about Club Level guests getting perks vs DVC, DVC members, after factoring in the term of their membership, don't come anywhere close to paying Club Level costs for their accommodations.

LiveyMouse22

Hm, if you ask me I would say that the deluxe resorts are kind of already giving you a bunch of benefits with nicer pools, rooms, theming, etc. However, there is a big price difference and therefore I do think that the deluxe resort customers should get a few more perks but I think that those perks should stay within the hotel, where the majority of the price difference is being spent.

SleepingMonk

To reach 1000 club level guests, I would think you would need 200-250 club level rooms...if each room held 4 guests.

According to http://www.wdisneyw.co.uk/aklroom.html , "There are also 51 concierge rooms available." This looks to be info from before Kidani was built and Jambo house rooms were modified.

From http://www.wdisneyw.co.uk/ybcroom.html - the Yacht Club has 71 concierge rooms.

The Boardwalk has 38 concierge rooms.

Grand Floridian 65 concierge rooms.

BINGO!

A club level guests only "VIP PASS" wouldn't cause an issue.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom