Should the Country Bear Jamboree be replaced???

Should the Country Bear Jamboree be replaced???

• YES! Please replace it, it needs to go already.

Votes: 40 20.9%
  • No, I like it and think its a classic.

Votes: 75 39.3%
  • Keep it, but just update it to make it better.

Votes: 87 45.5%

• Total voters

WDWmazprty

Original Poster
Just thinking of all this expansion stuff going on in FL, and was thinking of other lands that coud use some changes. Frontierland is awesome, but I really never like the Country Bear Jamboree. I dont think its horrible, but I dont go out of my way to see it.

So, do you like the Country Bear Jamboree show? Should it be replaced or should it be kept? :wave:

Batphobic

One great thing about WDW is that no one single demographic is served by every attraction. There are attractions for one generations, attractions for another generation, etc.

The first time I took my family to WDW (only a couple years ago) my 3-yr old daughter and I went to the Country Bear Jamboree while mom took the older kids on Splash Mountain and she LOVED the Country Bear Jamboree. She still talks about it. She still remembers this as the show that she and I saw just the two of us. Whenever we see pictures of it she reminds me that she and I saw the show together.

My point is not that we should keep it for my own sentimental reasons (although that would be great!) -- my point is that even if some of us recognize it's a bit outdated, little kids really like this show. And then seeing the bear characters to meet/greet outside of the show just tops it off.

And actually - I shouldn't only talk about this show's appeal to kids - I myself really like this show! :lol: I think the script is kinda fun, and animatronics are actually pretty descent. I'm always at least grinning if not out-loud laughing when I watch this.

devoy1701

I Love the Country Bear Jamboree! And the shows have been pretty packed this past year and people are still laughing at the jokes!

Maybe update it a bit to include a bit more "modern" country sound (not like pop-country or Taylor Swift type garbage though!!!).

rsoxguy

I think that the cornball hillbilly style of music is an integral part of the attraction. I don't listen to Country Music, but I think that the hokey style of music melds perfectly with the show.

Master Gracey 5

Definitely keep it as is. I think with a little TLC, most of the complaints would go away. The only real problem is that Disney doesn't have the same upkeep schedule with it that they do for other attractions.

Matt and Kelly

I'm definitely not a huge fan of the Country Bears any more. I was in the past when I was younger but not so much nowadays. I did see the show when we were there last year, and it was good for a laugh yes, but it is certainly time for an upgrade.

I wouldn't get rid of it completely because it has been around for so long and is one of those "classic" type attractions. I'd love to see it get some TLC and bring a new twist to an outdated show.

plaz10

Hmm some members hate on the Country Bears but I love the attraction and support keeping it as is-it's a classic.

I am one of those haters. I think the show has been incredibly outdated. It's so boring and the seats are not comfortable enough to nap in (unlike Impressions de France) I think the clicking sounds with each movement of each character is embarrassing in Disney standards. I don't view this as a classic and would love to see something fresh and new in there...

that being said, I'm a big 'Its a Small World' fan and many people can't stand that attraction either and I'd be really sad if it were to be demolished. So to each their own, I suppose.

imagineer boy

I think the show should be updated a bit. Not a UNM type of update (please no!), but somthing so that the show clicks more with modern audiences.

mrtoad

I personally like it from when I was a kid as does my wife. My kids both like it as well. I can't say from the perspective from somebody who sees it first time as an adult though. Not sure how it would play then.

I think it needs some TLC as sometimes the sound is bad or whatever but I don't see how doing an updated version would play out. I agree with what somebody said about the hokey music being a part of the show and changing it would make it worse. I mean if you don't like the concept of the show but love country music, is seeing a bunch of bears singing your favorite country tunes really going to do it for you? I would think not.

The show is meant to be hokey not country's greatest hits sung by the local wildlife....

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
I think that I love the memory of the Country Bears as a child more than I love the current execution. I agree that the quality of the AA, and for me, the sound, is the biggest problem.
IMO, if they just improved the sound system, better speakers, still targeted to where the bears actually "are" on stage but so that you could hear them from the middle to back of the theater, it would be much better. Improved AA would be great, but I'd be happy just with better sound. Last time it seemed like I was struggling to understand the words to songs that I probably deep down know by heart.

Stunnerr22

I can see why this would come up, but I think it's one of those cases where it's such a small-scale attraction, that it just really doesn't need to be moved. Most people don't visit the park to see this show, but that's fine. Not everything has to be on the scale of Splash Mountain or Haunted Mansion. That's what makes the Magic Kingdom such a great park. Not only do you have the big E-Ticket attractions, you have so many small, but fulfilling ones that it really makes you feel like there's always something to do. Plus, since it was removed from Disneyland, I think it makes it even more special that it still exists in the Magic Kingdom. I say keep it. :D

Chrononymous

I believe that they should at least update it with the occasional overlays...like the Winter holiday show and the Vacation Hoedown.

I actually like both of those shows better than the original one.

But it IS a classic...even if I usually pass, I still think they need to maintain it.

I think it might be fun if they added a halloween show to play during MNSSHP

gerryu21220

I first saw it in 1978, and it was a dated show even back then. I thought it was awful. I love country music, but despise that old-fashioned twangy hillbilly stuff. Only part I liked were the three heads on the wall, and even then not the ones in the show itself. I liked the ones in the Mile-Long Bar. Never went back to see it again, and unless they give it a serious music upgrade, I never will.

Korfar

I can't vote on it as I have never seen it. It hasn't interested me so in our many trips we have avoided it. We might see it this year since it would be something new. But I think if people still attend it then keep it.

Eyorefan

I don't mind the concept of CBR, I just think its poorly done. Like others have said, its in some serious need of TLC. The audio and the old AA really take away from the show and reminds me more of Chucky Cheese than anything Disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom