Should the Country Bear Jamboree be replaced???

Should the Country Bear Jamboree be replaced???

• YES! Please replace it, it needs to go already.

Votes: 40 20.9%
  • No, I like it and think its a classic.

Votes: 75 39.3%
  • Keep it, but just update it to make it better.

Votes: 87 45.5%

• Total voters

Ralphlaw

I only saw it once with my son when he was 4 years old. We all thought it was 20 minutes of our lives that we'll never get back. I could think of a few dozen other things that I would rather be doing. Now that my daughter is 4, maybe I'll try it again. Maybe she'll like it.

My two cents, if they're gonna keep it, then keep it hillbilly, bluegrass and hokey. A more modern sound, in my opinion, would not add to it, but would instead ruin the mountain character of the attraction. I cannot imagine a more modern sound being consistent with bears, overalls, and the "jamboree" feel of the place.

Animaniac93-98

If they operated it like in Japan where all 3 shows are done each year it might not seem so stale to repeat visitors.

It's still a crowd pleaser from my experience and there isn't much space for something else so they might as well keep it.

And if everyone's major issue with the audio is its volume maybe we could just ask somebody to turn it up at either the attraction or City Hall? It doesn't sound like a multi-million dollar, 10-month closure fix to me.

CaptainWinter

Should it be replaced? No. Nor should it be turned into Stitch's Rootin-Tootin Country Jam. [i.e., I dread whatever they'd replace it with.]

All they need to do is keep those bears oiled, polished, combed and in good working order.

gerryu21220

Aren't there actually two theaters for CBJ running identical shows? (I'm 99% certain I read that somewhere.) Why couldn't they run the original in one and add an updated one in the other? Give guests a choice.

joe80x86

I am one of those haters. I think the show has been incredibly outdated. It's so boring and the seats are not comfortable enough to nap in (unlike Impressions de France) I think the clicking sounds with each movement of each character is embarrassing in Disney standards. I don't view this as a classic and would love to see something fresh and new in there...

that being said, I'm a big 'Its a Small World' fan and many people can't stand that attraction either and I'd be really sad if it were to be demolished. So to each their own, I suppose.

I am with you about the CB there is no saving it. We watched it last year (I don't remember it from when I was a kid) and my finance was ready to leave 5 minutes into it and both our kids 4 and 7 at the time were bored out of their minds the whole time. Also while there was a decent crowd most also seemed bored and I can't remember hearing a single laugh the entire time. So I think it is time for it to go and be replaced by a better newer show.

As for IASW I can't stand it in it's current form, it needs a major rehab. The lighting is too bright which makes the damaged walls, damaged and missing ceiling tiles, and strings way too visible. Also the lack of actual interior really brings out the one box shaped room to another issue.

MKCP 1985

Once Chuck E Cheese went mainstream, the Country Bears were no longer "Disney Magic," and lost their luster forever.

Westerns will always be popular in this country, so the creative minds at WDI should be able to come up with something if we give them enough time. :)

I think it could use a good cleaning and sound system update to ensure covering the clicking sound of the AAs moving. My last visit was my husband's first visit (gasp!), and he had a hard time understanding what they were singing/saying.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
ABSOLUTETLY HATE THE WAY YOU PUT IT! :fork: -no offense :lookaroun-

It was one of the very last attractions designed by Walt Disney, Magic Kingdom even got it before Disneyland and Tokyo Disneyland! I for one say KEEP IT!

I don't mind it staying as it is, I mean they're basically even the same original animatronics right? But a new update would be fine as well, I am a HUGE animatronic show fan, and I do not want to see another one go away, or become incredibly stupid like the enchanted tiki room did. I even compared kitchen kabaret to food rocks, the animatronics in Kitchen Kabaret were much better indeed, food rocks had a better script and was funnier which kept it on it's entertainment level. The enchanted tiki room under new management needs to be turned back to it's original for, the great american adventure is still awesome and maybe Carousel of Progress is fit for a "progress change". But country bear jamboree i don't care what they do with it as long as it stays and doesn't end up like tiki.

How about the country bear vacation hoedown with updated audio animatronic figures!?! :D

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I never miss the CBJ when I'm there. It's a classic, and I'm NOT a Country Music fan.

It's footprint is fairly small, so removing it would just leave another empty space as I doubt they would fill it with anything more than another Meet-N-Greet.

You do realize that this was an opening "E" ticket at the Magic Kingdom?

Not a "D"...not a "C"....but an "E"!!
eticket.jpg

WEDwaydatamover

I absolutely love the Country Bear Jamboree.

It's the Magic Kingdoms last wild frontier of political incorrectness. Long live Grizzly Hall!

unkadug

I absolutely love the Country Bear Jamboree.

It's the Magic Kingdoms last wild frontier of political incorrectness. Long live Grizzly Hall!

Does anyone remember the big debate here about how some thought the lyrics were inappropriate? :lol:

Talk about your misheard lyrics! :eek:

ScorpionX

I would move The Country Bear Playhouse back to California, put Pooh's Hunny Hunt in its Florida place, and bring back Mr. Toad's Wild Ride where Many Adventures is now.

unkadug

I would move The Country Bear Playhouse back to California, put Pooh's Hunny Hunt in its Florida place, and bring back Mr. Toad's Wild Ride where Many Adventures is now.

Sorry...Never was that much of a fan of cardboard cutouts masquerading as a dark ride.

Thrill

Refurbished, but never replaced. I'm all for better looking AAs, but the show doesn't have to be changed. Seasonal shows, fine, but I'd leave the original as is, as it's too risky to make changes to a classic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom