Shoes / Flip Flops

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
I'm a rainbow flop kinda girl. They're some of the most comfortable things I own and don't allow my feet to get all nasty/hot like normal shoes. To each his own!

Shoes at disney

Hi there, I usually wear FitFlops that I have worn for a bit before the trip or my Keds that I have also worn out some. Its your best bet. You can never ever wear heels, anyone that does, has a screw loose sorry, but that is crazy, this is a amusement park after all.
Never ever wear new sneakers, I have done that myself, what a huge mistake like you it was. You live you learn right? LOL Take care Tinkerchelli :wave:

Mstr Gra-c

I say shoes all the way. I was in the world in October and wore a new pair of adidas kicks. I had no foot fatigue what-so-ever, I did develop a slight blister but i would rather have a blister than aching feet. Also, for all of those flip flop/sandal wearers, according to my podiatrist, exposing your feet to the elements does open the door for a greater number of microscopic baddies which in turn could cause fungal issues as well as overall greater odiferousness (probably not a word but it is fun to say). Thats why I go white cotton socks (prewashed and bleached) and a good pair of tennis shoes with proper arch support.

BelleGurl

I have hardly ever wore flip flops to a park. Actually, I don't think I ever have. I've been told that flip flops could get stuck while your riding or something. So I've always wore clogs or sneakers. Although, flip flops for sure when I'm going to a hotel pool.

dixiegirl

I wore teva's, flip flops, the last time almost the entire time in the parks and I was fine. Looking for a new pair right now for my next trip.

Thats all I bring now!!! Couple years ago a friend suggested I try them , I kept saying how comfortable can they be.......Oh very!!!!!! I love how they conform to my foot!!!

DisneyPrincess5

RUNNING SHOES 100%

In the past, I have worn sandals and always got at least a blister. One time, I ended up with tendinitis and needed physically therapy for my foot...no joke!
During our last trip, I wore fashion sneakers (yeah, real smart) and ended up with a blister the size of a mickey ice cream on my foot!

From now on, I'm definitely wearing running shoes!!!

Susan Savia

I have seen women in high heels strutting along... Anyways, I wear a well broken in pair of tennis shoes with good support especially around the back of the heel area. Surely dont want feet problems when your on them for such long days in he parks. I bring two pairs and alternate days wearing them.

abug'saunt

I have done walking shoes, sandals, teva's, and flip flops. I found that flip flops work best for me. But I also prefer to be bare foot as much as possible. I am a "foot nudist" :eek: and proud of it. :lol:

edited because I realized this is my 100th post.

Mikester71

Mostly switch between my Nike sandals (which I have had for a few trips now and still look brand new) and my MacBeth running shoes (also had for the past two trips). Both are comfortable and actually wore both when they were brand new down there with no comfort problems at all.

gspin2k1

I'm a zories person (what we call Flip-flops in Guam) and to me they are the most comfortable to wear. However, my only worry is what do they do when you want to ride thrill rides (cus they obviously can fly off)..do they make you leave it at the start gate or shove it in a backpack?

~G

crocs!!!!

DSCN0410.jpg

sarah91182

i live in my flips. just got a new pair at ESPN over at boardwalk for $9-10. shoes usually give me blisters rubbing on my heels. ick!

gspin2k1

I think I may give in and pick up a pair of crocs since everyone raves just how comfy they are and etc. I was thinking about getting a black pair because it's not as in your face as the other colors, but in the hot florida sun I wonder if that would just be uncomfortable or not.

~G

gspin2k1

crocs with a slight wedge heel,,so comfortable. They have crocs now that are actually "cute." Wore them last year and they were great!!

I was looking on the crocs website...they actually do have women's crocs now that can almost pass for normal shoes...however the men's selection is still pretty umm...ugly lol.

~G

bartbrine

I think I may give in and pick up a pair of crocs since everyone raves just how comfy they are and etc. I was thinking about getting a black pair because it's not as in your face as the other colors, but in the hot florida sun I wonder if that would just be uncomfortable or not.

~G
We go every year in "JULY" & a black sandal is the staple of my outfits. Never had a issue with black. Like I said the croc cute sandal I bought last year was wonderful to walk around in & will be packing them again for this July!!

dumbosgirl13

For our trip last June I made the mistake of buying some brand new nike running shoes to take to the parks.. bad idea! also brought along the crocks, never thought of actually wearing them in the parks! With blisters on my feet :zipit: and my new shoes ruined from days of pouring rain and long walks, when we returned in October I wore my bright pink crocks ever day and it was the best decision i could have ever made!!! Leaving in 2 days and packing the crocks!! best way to go!:wave:

gspin2k1

WDW trip in two weeks. Crocs coming in the mail (should be enough time for me to break em in), bought new running shoes about two weeks ago (probably broke in already). Gonna alternate between shoes and crocs..but who knows if crocs are as awesome as everyone says they are I might just use them everyday (especially since they don't retain moisture like normal shoes do).

I think I'm good to go.

~G

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom