Shoes / Flip Flops

laxchik18

I never wear rubber flip flops because they kill my feet. I usually wear memory foam flip flops one day and then sneakers for a few days and then ,at go back to the flip. I also rotate slids in there. There just as cool as flip flops but they're comfort by nothing goes in between your toes. Plus, you can slip the, on over socks if you're walking around the hotel

I'll be taking two pairs of Skechers sneakers for the parks & a pair of flip flops for the room & pool. I'm also thinking about taking a pair of water shoes in case we have a rainy day.....

IWantMyMagicBand

I bought a pair of crocs flip flops in MouseGear. I have done the whole summer in them, going to themeparks. They are like my slippers and my feet sigh relief when it's warm enough to wear them :)
I've never bought new shoes for a holiday though, I know what my feet feel comfy in and I'm not risking having a walking holiday with blisters!

jkraup

My feet would not tolerate wearing flip-flops or sandals all day, so I wear good walking shoes. I usually wear the same brand on a daily basis (I own several pairs to rotate) so have never had a breaking-in problem.

My daughter is able to wear all sorts of shoes which would kill my feet, so I'm sure she would be fine in flip flops.
I am just like you. I can only wear sneakers so I plan ahead and have several pair already at various stages of being broken-in. One year I wore a different brand shoe and 2 days after I returned, my foot swelled so much it had to be casted for 4 weeks to take the pressure off. I will never do that again. The only sneaker for me is Easy Spirit.

Weather_Lady

We wear high-quality well broken-in sneakers with moisture-wicking socks for our hard-hitting morning park touring, head back to the resort for a nap, and then all switch to Tevas, Keens, or a similar "hiking sandal" for our more laid-back evening jaunts. Switching footwear part-way through the day helps keep us from getting blisters, and our feet are well-supported all day (flip-flops may feel comfortable but they are HORRIBLE for your feet -- google "flip flops bad for feet" and see the dozens of articles spelling out the long-term risks -- also, I love my Crocs at home but they're a slippery death trap in a Florida rain shower).

Bairstow

Keen's...sandals that act like hiking AND water shoes...so comfortable, thats all I wear to work in the warm weather months...I wore them out of the box with no problems on a three day camping and rafting trip.

Fisherman sandals are probably the perfect Disney shoe.

Totally amphibious for tromping through rainstorm puddles or getting doused on Kali/Pirates, yet better traction than you'll get from any croc or flipflop.
Big plus over a Teva-style sandal: you can't stub your toes.

Ozark Trail makes a pretty good Keen knockoff that can be found at Wal-Mart for less than $20.
I really like my pair, though I had to use a knife to cut away some of the heel material that was giving me a blister.
Since then, no problems.

images

miltimo5

i usually take 2 pair of sneakers...one pair at least 2 months old and one older pair (for rainy days) especially need 2 pr in case you get caught in the rain and need to dry them out for a day or two... i dont like sandals so wouldnt waste my time... i cant imagine walking all day in flip flops...

Joshrzmeup

My dad thought he could wear his good, comfy Dr. Scholls sandals in the park all day, no problem. Well, he got through the day ok, but come the next morning, it hurt to even put his foot down, much less walk and by the end of that day, some nice blisters forming. I come in handy by having been prepared for this by bringing moleskin, some scissors to cut it to size and plenty of blister band-aids, both the big and the fingers and toes ones. He ended up grateful that I packed them and kept some in my purse.

My mom had kept switching between shoe insoles during the trip because her foot was hurting (we found out not long after we arrived home that she has arthritis in her foot - she didn't have time to see a foot dr. before the trip). She was also getting blisters because of it.

I kept one pair of tennis shoes on, only 1 set of insoles and I had no foot or blister problems. By the end of the 3rd day, my knees were starting to bother me, but that's normal. But I did bring another pair of sneakers as back-up, as i do on any vacation.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Ankle height, GoreTex hiking shoes best bet, Shrug off water and prevent twisted ankles and are high enough so the urban assault stroller operator behind you can't bruise your achilles by slamming stroller repeatedly into calves.

Now if operator had asked politely most of us would move so kids could have a good view. I have only been asked once in all the times at park and I DID move.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom