Shake up in imagineering=alot of new rides?

WDWFREAK53

Is that stuff still there? The cave/infrastructure? I imagine its near Camp Minnie/Mickey, but I've never actually seen them and believe me, I've looked. :lol:

Yes, it's still there...but I don't believe it still "breathes fire."

When crossing the bridge into Camp Minnie-Mickey look on the right hand side. You'll see the dragon rock (spewing water from it's mouth). If you look further down the river you'll see the cave with the charred rocks (same side as the dragon rock).

WhyteAL

No, thats not where it was. It was on the boat ride that originally existed in the park but went nowhere. The cave is still there, but inaccessible to guests.

a little off topic but does anybody know why this ride was closed...the one bad thing I remember was the wait time was horrible and the ride eventually didn't go anywhere. But I always thought that the ment to expand it...

Champion

a little off topic but does anybody know why this ride was closed...the one bad thing I remember was the wait time was horrible and the ride eventually didn't go anywhere. But I always thought that the ment to expand it...

It was meant as an introduction to the park. People thought that it was supposed to be more than it was, and it got lots of complaints because it went nowhere.

I think that if BK or a BK-like area eventually gets built, the ride will be brought back as a ferry between the BK area and the hub.

CrashNet

I think that was it. Wait time was crazy, the ride was overly long, it really didn't have a purpose, and I'm guessing its popularity was never all that great.

WDWFREAK53 said:
When crossing the bridge into Camp Minnie-Mickey look on the right hand side. You'll see the dragon rock (spewing water from it's mouth). If you look further down the river you'll see the cave with the charred rocks (same side as the dragon rock).

Very interesting. I've never really known where to look, so I'm going to have to look for that the next time I'm there. Thanks to all who responded. Too bad no one has pictures...

JWG

That ride closed while we were visiting. One day we went to AK and it was there, the next day gone and you'd never know it existed. The park maps and everything had changed overnight.

We heard that there were several complaints about the ride. It just went around the lake/lagoon and didn't do anything. You waited forever form something that was not entertaining, thrilling, or of high value. The safari offered animals - this was just a boat ride for the sake of a boat ride.

JWG

This is another article I've read about some "blue sky" ideas. Some of the ideas are the same, but it mentions a few others including things outside of the parks. It also tells some more about where the information came from, and I think, a little more credibility....

"In speaking later about the Disney Cruise Line, specifically as it related to the long-anticipated third ship, Rasulo said, "We have ongoing contact with the shipyards. If we can generate superior returns based, in part, on contract terms and pricing, then we'll pull the trigger."

I hope this helps :wave:

When was this? The 3rd and 4th Disney ships have been know about for quite some time, sailing in 2011 and 2012.

MythBuster

Basically, it was politics and money. Park Management thought WDI should pay for the improvements since they designed it and installed it. WDI thought AK should pay for it, since they bought off on it in the first place. Now park management is just animal keepers and they worry about the animals

NX2I85

Wow! Lots of cool stuff talked about on that linked blog. I'll be listening to see who comes along to confirm or deny. Or who doesn't. :p

Animaniac93-98

I think that one day Beastly Kingdom will be built. If you look around the park you will see many references to imaginary animals (Dragon Ticket Booth, Unicorn parking lot). All advertisements around the parks opening mentioned them and even McDonald's had a toy dragon in their Animal Kingdom toy line. Of course this was all planned from the beginning, but don't you think that if they were really not going to build it they would have removed those references by now? I mean it's cheaper to paint over a few trash cans than build a $150 million dragon ride. The public has been exposed to this knowledge for almost 10 years now, and a Yeti has been made for the park. Even if it's not built for a long time, One day it will come. Unless Disney wants us to think because their imaginary we can't see them. (on a side note I wonder why Disney just doesn't duplicate The Dragon's Den from Disneyland Paris and stick it somewhere in the park).

fantasmagical

Bk

These articles from mouseplanet.com give alot of interesting information about the planning and design of Beastlie Kingdomme, including some concept art.

Beastlie Kingdomme: http://www.mouseplanet.com/articles.php?art=mg060308mp

Dragon Tower: http://www.mouseplanet.com/articles.php?art=mg060308mp

Dragon Tower part 2: http://www.mouseplanet.com/mark/mg041027.htm

Quest for the Unicorn: http://www.mouseplanet.com/articles.php?art=mg060711mp

And this is a picture I got on Google images of the Dragon Rock: http://albums.mouseplanet.com/WDWAKMinnie-Mickey/dragon_rock_goldhaber.jpg

Buried20KLeague

It is sitting in the WDI parking lot in Tujunga, CA. just rusting away with the Acrocanthosaurus, which was supposed to go into the Cretaceous Trail as a interactive dinosaur audio-animatronic

So you're saying it "went the way of the dinosaur"???

:ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL:

:lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom