Seven Dwarf's Mine Train ride expectations?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
You sound so much like ... like me ... you deserve a vacation. Go to DLP this week! Have a phenomenal time! Watch out for illegal soft drink refill police at the new Earl of Sandwich at the Village. Don't go visit the resorts beyond Sequoia or you may be very depressed.
Oh if you insist.... :)

lebeau

Yes. Slightly dangerous, but Mostly Harmless. (Anybody get that?)

dontpanic_1024.jpg

Kuhio

The Disney parks blog is obviously there to promote their product and lasso the audience. I still read it because there is value to be had- just ignore all the faking it parts :)

I also read it for the sheer entertainment value of most of the comments.

dreamscometrue

Who is mad??? No one is mad... I don't view this as an expansion... it is reclaiming land they once used... And no, I don't care if people agree with me or not... No one is mad...

My apologies. I think it's just some of the "I don't care" statements that came across as you are yelling. If you say you aren't angry, I believe you. :)

dreamscometrue

True. Magic Kingdom proper has been expanded by way of this project via most of the BatB facility.

As for the arguments about them "adding capacity" - that's like my boss reducing my salary by $10,000 ten years ago, reducing it another $5,000 last year....then increasing it $10,000 this year and bragging that he gave me a raise.

I still think it's raising capacity. I'm sure you can put many more people back there compared to what 20K used to absorb.

GLaDOS

I still think it's raising capacity. I'm sure you can put many more people back there compared to what 20K used to absorb.

20K is still only part of the equation though.

The FLE will be replacing capacity lost by the closure of Adventureland Veranda, Diamond Horseshoe, the swan boats, the skylift, 20K, and the decreased capacity from the change of SWSA to a meet and greet.

dreamscometrue

The truely greatest amongst us in society are never satisfied and always looking to improve things. Not improve their bottom lines or their companies (although that often is the byproduct of vision), but improve things for us all.

Satisfaction can be a very bad trait. ... I am a perfectionist and that often leaves me unhappy. But I'd be much worse if I could just settle for getting by. ... You know sorta the way WDW has been since the dawn of the 21st century?

I almost completely agree with....with....with.............you...your above statement. (Phew, that was difficult :))

I too am a perfectionist, and borderline O.C.D. (counselling helped :)). It's not that I believe Disney has given WDW the love it deserves these past 10 years, nor that the company shouldn't be striving to be innovative and revolutionary. My point in the earlier post was about our awareness of early incarnation of attractions or potential plans. I'm sure you are aware that the vast majority of Imagineering projects since WED was created never came to fruition, or were greatly modified for a number of reasons, before they became reality. Disappointment at what the SM refurb might have been, or the 7DMT's original design, is akin to being upset that every Disney project in my Imagineering books never was built, or that throughout Disney Parks history, there have often been scaled back versions. Blue sky is just that.

Captain Chaos

You just said the key thing here, raising capacity... You can raise capacity without expanding the land... Like I said before, you own 12 acres of land... You have a house built... 10 years later you built an addition onto the house, or completely knock the house down and built a bigger one... Are you expanding the land??? No... you are only adding capacity... That's how I see New Fantasyland... Re-purposing land once used to add capacity, much needed capacity at that...

Dreams, this isn't directed toward you... I'm not sure why this because such an issue... Some people want to call it an expansion, call it an expansion if it helps you get through the day... I'll call it how I see it.. Land reclamation... In the end, no matter what we call it, it will serve what it is meant to do... add capacity...

Captain Chaos

The land where BatB is located was NEVER part of the theme park. It was NEVER used for public access from inside the park. It was backstage areas that are now onstage areas...therefore expansion.

Last word on this... Actually, looking at photos last night... A good portion of 20K and Ariel's Grotto stood on the land that B&tB stands on.. So that land WAS open to guests... if any land wasn't, it was very small, and therefore not enough to call it an expansion... So, land re-purposing is what I will continue to call it since that is what it is... :)

Now, how about that 7D mine ride that will be an E+ attraction that adds to the mountain range!!!! (Waits for those freebies from Disney for free publicity)....

rioriz

Ugh all this in fighting just makes me long for the good ole days when we had the always charming Pooh's Playful Spot, the enchanting Ariel's Grotto, and the always infamous 20k grassy knoll....those were the best of times...hmmm what could've been:(

Tom

Beta Return
20K is still only part of the equation though.

The FLE will be replacing capacity lost by the closure of Adventureland Veranda, Diamond Horseshoe, the swan boats, the skylift, 20K, and the decreased capacity from the change of SWSA to a meet and greet.
You just said the key thing here, raising capacity... You can raise capacity without expanding the land... Like I said before, you own 12 acres of land... You have a house built... 10 years later you built an addition onto the house, or completely knock the house down and built a bigger one... Are you expanding the land??? No... you are only adding capacity... That's how I see New Fantasyland... Re-purposing land once used to add capacity, much needed capacity at that...

Dreams, this isn't directed toward you... I'm not sure why this because such an issue... Some people want to call it an expansion, call it an expansion if it helps you get through the day... I'll call it how I see it.. Land reclamation... In the end, no matter what we call it, it will serve what it is meant to do... add capacity...

I guess it comes down to your definition of "capacity". When I think of capacity of a theme park, I don't think about how many people they can cram into the park and pass through the turnstiles. I look at it from a "how many people can be consumed by attractions and their queues at any given moment" point of view.

LM will indeed accommodate more people than 20K, did, but will LM plus 7DMT exceed the capacity of SWSA plus 20K? What about with Skyway? And that's just if we talk rides. GLaDOS made good points about the Veranda, Horseshoe, and perhaps even the Swan Boats...but I don't really count those since they were almost a "beta test" given how short-lived they were. They weren't cut because of bean counters...they were cut for logistical reasons.

All in all, the expanded land will definitely increase park capacity, simply because of expanded paths, walkways, rides and restaurants...but are we back up to anywhere close to where "capacity" was years ago?

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Last word on this... Actually, looking at photos last night... A good portion of 20K and Ariel's Grotto stood on the land that B&tB stands on.. So that land WAS open to guests... if any land wasn't, it was very small, and therefore not enough to call it an expansion... So, land re-purposing is what I will continue to call it since that is what it is... :)

Now, how about that 7D mine ride that will be an E+ attraction that adds to the mountain range!!!! (Waits for those freebies from Disney for free publicity)....
OK....a visual aide:

WDW in the late 80's: (or there about...I couldn't exactly date this picture)
1978_AHLB4984.jpg

WDW a few years ago before the FLE with area NEVER before used for the public outlined in yellow:
AHLB4984.jpg

The_Mesh_Hatter

It looks like the SHDL Seven Dwarfs Mine Train will be a tad longer than the Magic Kingdom version:

attachment.php

The first half of the ride does look like it has an extra helix.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom