Seven Dwarf's Mine Train ride expectations?

Tom

Beta Return
The transition between FL and TL at the MK has always been problematic. If the tent becomes obsolete for its current use perhaps it could be used as one of the transitions between FL and TL. Sort of a magical time machine to the future or something. Thinking way down the road and outside the box. After the speedway is removed if that ever happens.

Recently, you've been so far outside the box, you can't even see the box anymore. The box isn't even within walking distance.

Ignohippo

Recently, you've been so far outside the box, you can't even see the box anymore. The box isn't even within walking distance.

Connecting the dots, the box must be the time-traveling telephone booth from Bill & Ted''s. I get it now!

So JT expects Disney to buy the rights to Bill & Ted and convert Dumbo into time-traveling telephone booths.

Awesome idea JT!!!

BrightImagine

I think a point is being missed about 7DMT. It is the "centerpiece" of the new Fantasyland... aesthetically. Its presence ties together the various elements of the expansion and makes the expansion as a whole more beautiful. By its very presence, it will also make TLM and Belle's village grander, because it creates vistas and obscures them from each other. It is the heart of a beautiful work of design. The fact that it is going to contain a fun roller coaster is just a bonus to me.

spacemt354

Chili's
I think a point is being missed about 7DMT. It is the "centerpiece" of the new Fantasyland... aesthetically. Its presence ties together the various elements of the expansion and makes the expansion as a whole more beautiful. By its very presence, it will also make TLM and Belle's village grander, because it creates vistas and obscures them from each other. It is the heart of a beautiful work of design. The fact that it is going to contain a fun roller coaster is just a bonus to me.
I completely agree. A lot of people focus on the ride itself, but not what it will bring to the table from a visual standpoint. If the little mermaid facade, the beast's castle and the fantasyland forest looks fantastic now, I can only imagine how much more immersive the "centerpiece" of the expansion will make the land look. An area that already looks aesthetically incredible hasnt even received it's "centerpiece" yet and that is something I am truly looking forward to seeing.

doctornick

I completely agree. A lot of people focus on the ride itself, but not what it will bring to the table from a visual standpoint. If the little mermaid facade, the beast's castle and the fantasyland forest looks fantastic now, I can only imagine how much more immersive the "centerpiece" of the expansion will make the land look. An area that already looks aesthetically incredible hasnt even received it's "centerpiece" yet and that is something I am truly looking forward to seeing.

Absolutely. I think people are downplaying (or missing) how amazing this expansion is going to be visually and how it will impact the entire feel of Fantasyland. People are focused on the quality or number of rides -- understandably, it's a theme park and that the draw. But one of the things we hear over and over about Carsland and WWOHP is the theming and the immersion and I do think that the FLE will compete in that regards. In spades. The Forest is going to look great.

I cannot wait to see it all in its complete state.

Ignohippo

Sorry to completely disagree, but 7DMT was an afterthought. It doesn't even come close to the elegance and grandeur of the chateau that was in the plans originally. The chateau had ponds and water features, and didn't have the height that the 7DMT does that will completely obscure the other areas.

I think the 7DMT will be nice, but nowhere near as attractive as what was planned. I guess it's the trade-off for getting a better attraction!

Bolna

Sorry to completely disagree, but 7DMT was an afterthought. It doesn't even come close to the elegance and grandeur of the chateau that was in the plans originally. The chateau had ponds and water features, and didn't have the height that the 7DMT does that will completely obscure the other areas.

I think the 7DMT will be nice, but nowhere near as attractive as what was planned. I guess it's the trade-off for getting a better attraction!

As far as I know it is the other way around: 7DMT was first designed for that space before any plans were announced. It was then replaced with the meet & greets, then the plans got leaked and then announced. After the official announcement it was then changed back to the 7DMT. At least this is what I understand the insiders say about it.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
As far as I know it is the other way around: 7DMT was first designed for that space before any plans were announced. It was then replaced with the meet & greets, then the plans got leaked and then announced. After the official announcement it was then changed back to the 7DMT. At least this is what I understand the insiders say about it.
Somebody has quite the imagination.

Ignohippo

Um...No.

Lee

Adventurer
If I recall correctly, and I believe I do...
The mine train was designed years ago for another spot in the expansion. It was cut early on, then revived when the decision was made (rightly) to eliminate the Giant Meet & Greets of Doom.
Since a version was already in development for Shanghai, it was an easy fall-back move.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Pretty much what Lee says. I think!

And yes, who in their infinite stupidity would plan and allow for a fun but mediocre, short and lacklustre attraction in one of the most prominent positions in the MK?

It's like building the Space Mountain show building and installing just a spinner.

Plus you can forget the majestic sightlines to the wonderfully detailed and majestic exterior of AUA.

dreamscometrue

Pretty much what Lee says. I think!

And yes, who in their infinite stupidity would plan and allow for a fun but mediocre, short and lacklustre attraction in one of the most prominent positions in the MK?

It's like building the Space Mountain show building and installing just a spinner.

Plus you can forget the majestic sightlines to the wonderfully detailed and majestic exterior of AUA.

I don't see the sightlines as an issue. I think it will be very cool to 'round a corner and have 'Ariel's Undersea Adventure' or the 'Be Our Guest Restaurant' facade come into view. I expect I'll like the reveal that way, as I do when Cinderella's Castle or the Tree of Life are obscured,then revealed after entering the park, and doing a bit of walking.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I don't see the sightlines as an issue. I think it will be very cool to 'round a corner and have 'Ariel's Undersea Adventure' or the 'Be Our Guest Restaurant' facade come into view. I expect I'll like the reveal that way, as I do when Cinderella's Castle or the Tree of Life are obscured,then revealed after entering the park, and doing a bit of walking.

Yeah, I agree with this, I like how the Mine Rider will block the views. Sort of like how everyone raves about the Paradise Pier entrance to Carsland since it provides for such a dramatic reveal of the land.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom