Seven Dwarf's Mine Train ride expectations?

Captain Chaos

An E+. The Seven Dwarfs Mine Ride.

And the way he said it, wow, was like he was mocking those who say it will be anything BUT an E ticket... like they know nothing.. Always thought this was Barnstormer set to a hill, never expected much more... Disney seems to live up to the lowered expectations again...

BTW, he also says this adds to their mountain range... o_O

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
And the way he said it, wow, was like he was mocking those who say it will be anything BUT an E ticket... like they know nothing.. Always thought this was Barnstormer set to a hill, never expected much more... Disney seems to live up to the lowered expectations again...

BTW, he also says this adds to their mountain range... o_O
Someone send me a message so I can listen to this myself...

Villains0501

You know, I'm watching the movie right now and I can't believe there will only be a total of two show scenes. There's just so much they could do with this movie and its characters. The ride doesn't even have to follow the exact story of the film. As long as they include the semblance of a plot/purpose, I'll be happy. If I were Disney, I would give the Hag a greater purpose in the ride. She should, of course, be the ride's main villain. Perhaps Doc is leading the riders on a tour of the mine (all through voice-over, mind you), when all of a sudden the Hag seizes control of the cart and bewitches it, causing it to go haywire. You briefly see her shadow and hear her malevolent cackle and all of a sudden you surge forward and take off on the rollercoaster. Eventually, you round a bend in the track and see the witch coming at you from above. All of a sudden, Dopey (with the seven dwarfs comically pulling him from behind) pulls the brake switch and you smash into the Hag, killing her. As a reference to Snow White's Scary Adventures, the scene directly after the Hag's demise is a room full of shimmering diamonds of all different colors. After this room is the ride's finale, with Snow White dancing with the dwarfs in their cottage.

I know this setup probably makes little geographical sense, but as it's only a very rough draft of what could be a decent idea you'll have to forgive me. I just want to inject a bit more excitement into what currently seems to be a very mundane, pointless attraction.

Jakester

In my view, an E-Ticket is a unique experience, Even though this won't be a major thrill, to me its still an E-Ticket just for the swinging mine cars, a unique experience.
Remember, Haunted Mansion, Pirates, and Jungle Cruise were E-Tickets.

CinematicFusion

Universal's Harry potter mine coaster should open at the same time as the Disney mine coaster... 2014. The media will have a field day comparing both as well as all the online sites.

Who will win the battle of the mine trains? Disney's family train which will rely on whimsy, song and magic to enchant its audience or Universals train which will be about intensity and thrills to give their audience an adrenaline rush.

Fair or not...both will be compared as these two theme park giants battle it out.

Disney would be in the middle of building Avatar land while universal will have Transformers ride opening or already opened by 2014.

It's great for us fans when there is competition. Can't wait for our 2014 vacation with the girls.

GLaDOS

Universal's Harry potter mine coaster should open at the same time as the Disney mine coaster... 2014. The media will have a field day comparing both as well as all the online sites.

Gringotts will be in an entirely different league than the Seven Drawfs coaster. The Dwarf coaster will be nice for what it is, but will be significantly less of an experience.

Disney would be in the middle of building Avatar land while universal will have Transformers ride opening or already opened by 2014.

TF and Harry Potter are only the tip of the Universal spear.

GLaDOS

Yeah because we're all do thrilled about despicable me and a horrible night show.

You mean the Despicable Me ride that has been pulling steady 100 minute waits, great guest satisfaction ratings and merch sales out the wazoo? Or the night show that everyone that's actually seen it loves?

Thank you, come again.

GLaDOS

If you want to hitch your wagon to that abortion of a show, that's on you. Just shows how jaded you anti-Disney guys who hang out on a Disney board truly are.

Except I'm not anti-Disney. Love Disney. Love Disney's night shows, save for Fantasmic. It is possible to enjoy both, contrary to the prevailing opinion round these parts.

Pixiedustmaker

You know, I'm watching the movie right now and I can't believe there will only be a total of two show scenes. There's just so much they could do with this movie and its characters.

Notwithstanding the scare factor of the witch for little kids, I think that they made a rash decision to plop down the 7DMT where it is as they are doing construction in the whole area and they could have extended the ride by having underground mine portions go under guest walkways, thus allowing the ride to weave in and out of the new Fantasyland, and utilizing a larger backstage show building for perhaps more scenes.

For example, where the hill is they could have Snow White's cottage and outside portions, and perhaps the single mine scene, but then the train could have dipped under a bridge somewhere and entered a showbuilding built into the BOG building (just make a massive show building/restuarant that goes way back), and thus having enough room for the BOG restaurant and portions of the 7DMT ride. Or they could have not had a big sandy ocean bluff for Mermaid, made the entrance more humble and inviting, like a small "pirate" ship which would be Eric's ship, and used the surrounding rock as part of 7DMT which would be built around and over Mermaid.

It would have been a cool trivia point, "Did you know that portions of the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train ride are housed next to the Beauty and the Beast restaurant?" Disneyland does this all the time with Alice going over Toad and Storybook Land Canal boats and Casey Jr woven together.

They took Song of the South, a relatively unknown film, and used it for Splash Mountain, fleshing out a whole story. Surely Snow White would be an even better choice as people still see this film, and it would help keep the story releveant if Disney ever decided to do a remake/reboot sequel with the same characters.

dreamscometrue

You mean the Despicable Me ride that has been pulling steady 100 minute waits, great guest satisfaction ratings and merch sales out the wazoo? Or the night show that everyone that's actually seen it loves?

Thank you, come again.

Not too sure about the last statement. I've talked with 3 friends who have seen it (not pixie dusted people like me either) and all said it was rather lame.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom