Selling Magic Kingdom 3x a day....

TXDisney

Looking at party dates is big time when planning a trip in the fall and Christmas seasons. I recommend doing a party day to guests bc it’s a great experience, but totally get it if guests don’t want to spend even more money for these parties. My advice is look at party dates in advance to booking. Using an agent like us at KK helps with that.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Looking at party dates is big time when planning a trip in the fall and Christmas seasons. I recommend doing a party day to guests bc it’s a great experience, but totally get it if guests don’t want to spend even more money for these parties. My advice is look at party dates in advance to booking. Using an agent like us at KK helps with that.

As an agent, can you find out whether those three dates in the top post are valid Extra Morning Magic dates or a just a glitch on MDE?

Chef Mickey

This isn't popular, but I'd rather them significantly raise standard "7AM - 12AM" admission for MK and thin the crowds out through pricing control.

All this is doing is making the crowds UNBEARABLE during the "Regular" times and probably not adding a lot, all things considered. I think Disney would be much better off dialing in the prices so the parks can be "at capacity" yet still enjoyable. If that's $200/day, so be it.

Long term, they need to double the size of MK and completely use the space available at all 4 parks. THEN and only when all 4 parks are maximized (not even close today) do you start focusing on a 5th Gate.

This is how they are dealing with other businesses performing poorly, relative to parks and relative to themselves in Y/Y comparisons.

Unfortunately, this is what you get when you've failed to expand and your parks are grossly overcrowded. You start selling "special experiences" that should be part of your standard offering because now you essentially have to pay for a experience at a park that isn't overrun with people.

ELG13

This isn't popular, but I'd rather them significantly raise standard "7AM - 12AM" admission for MK and thin the crowds out through pricing control.

All this is doing is making the crowds UNBEARABLE during the "Regular" times and probably not adding a lot, all things considered. I think Disney would be much better off dialing in the prices so the parks can be "at capacity" yet still enjoyable. If that's $200/day, so be it.

Long term, they need to double the size of MK and completely use the space available at all 4 parks. THEN and only when all 4 parks are maximized (not even close today) do you start focusing on a 5th Gate.

This is how they are dealing with other businesses performing poorly, relative to parks and relative to themselves in Y/Y comparisons.

Unfortunately, this is what you get when you've failed to expand and your parks are grossly overcrowded. You start selling "special experiences" that should be part of your standard offering because now you essentially have to pay for a experience at a park that isn't overrun with people.
I agreed with a similar post. Just be up front and say this is what you get 7-midnight for $200, crowds thin a little and you don't have to juggle days so much to.maximize your time.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Original Poster
Actually, a big part of planning a trip is going when there is no school in your district. Also, they are having parties 4 times a week! How do you plan around that? Also, the parties are no longer a great experience.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Actually, a big part of planning a trip is going when there is no school in your district. Also, they are having parties 4 times a week! How do you plan around that? Also, the parties are no longer a great experience.
I actually really enjoyed the halloween party last year and thought it was a reasonable price ... I agree with the first part of youre post

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Original Poster
Toys-R-Us failed because they could not keep up with the logistics and pricing of online giants like Amazon and Wal-Mart. The same thing happen with Circuit City a few years back and its what Sears is fighting now.
Among other reasons. Not a great idea to just pick a bullet point from a Yahoo article to base the failure of an American legacy company on. Yes, their online presence was a mess. No, it's not the only reason they failed.

Castle Cake Apologist

Doing some quick back of a *** packet maths.
For the regular hours at the MK on 28th August would cost you $142 for 8 hours.
If you did the morning deal and the NSSHP only on the same day it would cost you $134 for 8 hours and 15 minutes ( based on a midnight park close)

Can party guests still get in starting at 4? If so, you can get 8 hours in the park for the price of a party ticket, which is considerably less than the cost of a day ticket that will give you the same amount of time in the park. Plus the best parade Disney has, special fireworks, free candy, and greatly reduced lines.

EDIT: This doesn't excuse the fact that they've found a way to charge 3 times for one day, just saying that it makes it a little easier on the wallet for a guest to do it that way.

Last edited:

ELG13

Can party guests still get in starting at 4? If so, you can get 8 hours in the park for the price of a party ticket, which is considerably less than the cost of a day ticket that will give you the same amount of time in the park. Plus the best parade Disney has, special fireworks, free candy, and greatly reduced lines.

EDIT: This doesn't excuse the fact that they've found a way to charge 3 times for one day, just saying that it makes it a little easier on the wallet for a guest to do it that way.
So thaT for us was the only reason we even attended and will attend the party. We got in 2 yrs ago at 2 and instead of paying for a few hrs we got a full 8 in. And me and my husband are going to go to a party just so we can get extra hours in while we are down there while my mom has the kids. I do agree that the "perks" have never, nor will they ever be the draw. Then fireworks we're great though! But the characters lines are SO long. The candy lines were short fornusbsonpir daughter would runthrough and grab some on the way to our next ride. I would never ever pay for the ticket on top of a full day ticket though. I know some people are traveling far and a few extra hundred isn't going to ruin their plans, but I think Disney also knows that. Same with the parking fees now. They charge just enough to see a decent amount in return, but not enough to really deter people. It's not worth cancelling a trip that costing THOUSANDS over a few hundred. I think they should cut back on the days they do it. One week night and one week end.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member

The issues I posted about early still exist. It's still a good chance that the 3x charging days is a computer glitch. Someone needs to get on the horn with CS and figure it out.

That's got to be a glitch.

1. EMM is only supposed to be 75 minutes ending at 9 AM, when the park opens. And the calendar shows the park opening at 9. But the website says EMM is until 10 AM. So, that's not right that it's longer than 75 minutes and not right that there is an overlap between EMM and park hours because EMM is supposed to be all exclusive time.

2. When I click on the Aug 28th date to go through the process of ordering tickets, the website froze. So, you can't buy EMM tickets for those days.

3. EMM isn't showing up on the MDE's search or as an option under the Magic Kingdom page. You have to know to find the page from another source.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Not a glitch. You can purchase 3 different tickets to the MK on August 28th right now.

Yep, I can now buy a ticket for that morning and the Early Morning Fantasyland page is now showing up in their search bar.

And I sent an email to them to complain about it.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Yep, I can now buy a ticket for that morning and the Early Morning Fantasyland page is now showing up in their search bar.

And I sent an email to them to complain about it.
What is there to complain about? The FL Morning payment gets you FL short lines and breakfast in the morning. Your regular daily admission gets you park access from opening to 6 pm. And the party ticket gets you access from 4 pm to special event closing.

Obviously, they wouldn't be doing it that way if guests hadn't demanded it... or to keep up with industry standards.

21stamps

From Disney's website....

"Disney Early Morning Magic takes place from 7:45 AM to 10:00 AM on select Sundays and Tuesdays. Admission is available for $69 per adult and $59 per child (tax not included). However, admission is also very limited, so be sure to book your reservation before it’s too late!"

Don't get bogged down in the small details here. The larger point is, Disney is selling the MK three times in the same day. Maybe you don't see that as a problem, that's your perrogative. But don't try and obfuscate the larger point here.

edit to add....

unless your point is, the whole thing is a glitch and Disney won't be offering EMM on those days. And the MK will be back to being sold twice.

The park opens at 9am. EMM has exclusive access to Fantasyland at 8am til 9am. Breakfast runs til 10am.

Early Mornjng Magic is probably the best thing (extra) that Disney offers imo.

Also, it’s been this way for at least 2 years. Same format. EMM morning, party at night on several dates. We did EMM and MK day on a day in 2016.. left the park @ 5pm. Did MVMCP on a separate night. Not everyone needs to spend 12-15 consecutive hours in a theme park.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Original Poster
The park opens at 9am. EMM has exclusive access to Fantasyland at 8am til 9am. Breakfast runs til 10am.

Early Mornjng Magic is probably the best thing (extra) that Disney offers imo.

Also, it’s been this way for at least 2 years. Same format. EMM morning, party at night on several dates. We did EMM and MK day on a day in 2016.. left the park @ 5pm. Did MVMCP on a separate night. Not everyone needs to spend 12-15 consecutive hours in a theme park.

Um. Ok?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom