Selling Magic Kingdom 3x a day....

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Original Poster
So, I was looking at the MNSSHP party dates, and something jumped out to me. On 3 dates, August 28th, Sept 4th and Sept 11, the MK is being sold 3 times!!!!

Early morning Magic from 7:45-10am. Then regular operating hours till 6p. Then MNSSHP at night.

This is outrageous IMO. A "guest" with a regular park ticket should probably just cross MK off their to do list on these days. The value of that ticket has been reduced so far as to be a joke.

With all the ways Disney reaches into our pockets, this is the one that annoys me the most.

ELG13

We did mnsshp once. It was fun but we won't don't again. We plan our trip around party dates just so we can get our monies worth from our tickets. Last time I did not even think about the park closing early for the mnsshp and was so irritated that 2 of the 3 days planned there were early closings. Not this time. That's ridiculous. The only reason we did the party was bc it was a day we planned on arriving late and we got there at 4 and stayed until the final kiss or whatever it's called when they close the park down.

The Empress Lilly

So, I was looking at the MNSSHP party dates, and something jumped out to me. On 3 dates, August 28th, Sept 4th and Sept 11, the MK is being sold 3 times!!!!

Early morning Magic from 7:45-10am. Then regular operating hours till 6p. Then MNSSHP at night.

This is outrageous IMO. A "guest" with a regular park ticket should probably just cross MK off their to do list on these days. The value of that ticket has been reduced so far as to be a joke.

With all the ways Disney reaches into our pockets, this is the one that annoys me the most.
Wow, outlandish. And then there's the price surge. Compared to 15 years ago the ticket price has doubled, from $52 (just over $60 if inflation adjusted).

Double price, half the hours. So a quadruple devaluation.

Then add that the great crowd increase means a devaluation of your net time. And that the hours you get on a normal day ticket are the busiest of the day, between 10 and 6. So let's say that between these two you get half as much done. Then the MK ticket is now worth one eight of what it was in 2003. Financially. Disregarding the more subjective notion that the MK has greatly decreased in artistic value too (because some people seem to genuinely prefer astroturf over trees, grass and water)

MuteSuperstar

So the most popular theme park on earth is increasingly having essentially the hours of a bank branch (hmmm, perhaps that makes sen$e) for the general public buying a day ticket. Yes right now it's still a small percentage of days, but the last 3 months of the year now have only added yet more arduous planning and scheduling to just be able to experience this park in any kind of leisurely way, if that's even possible anymore.

Leigh51

We did mnsshp once. It was fun but we won't don't again. We plan our trip around party dates just so we can get our monies worth from our tickets. Last time I did not even think about the park closing early for the mnsshp and was so irritated that 2 of the 3 days planned there were early closings. Not this time. That's ridiculous. The only reason we did the party was bc it was a day we planned on arriving late and we got there at 4 and stayed until the final kiss or whatever it's called when they close the park down.
Sorry to be uninformed but what is mnsshp? I may need to change my dates.Thank you.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

That's got to be a glitch.

1. EMM is only supposed to be 75 minutes ending at 9 AM, when the park opens. And the calendar shows the park opening at 9. But the website says EMM is until 10 AM. So, that's not right that it's longer than 75 minutes and not right that there is an overlap between EMM and park hours because EMM is supposed to be all exclusive time.

2. When I click on the Aug 28th date to go through the process of ordering tickets, the website froze. So, you can't buy EMM tickets for those days.

3. EMM isn't showing up on the MDE's search or as an option under the Magic Kingdom page. You have to know to find the page from another source.

mergatroid

1. EMM is only supposed to be 75 minutes ending at 9 AM, when the park opens. And the calendar shows the park opening at 9. But the website says EMM is until 10 AM. So, that's not right that it's longer than 75 minutes and not right that there is an overlap between EMM and park hours because EMM is supposed to be all exclusive time.

2. When I click on the Aug 28th date to go through the process of ordering tickets, the website froze. So, you can't buy EMM tickets for those days.

3. EMM isn't showing up on the MDE's search or as an option under the Magic Kingdom page. You have to know to find the page from another source.

Those dates are showing MK opening at 9am now and closing at 6pm on the website, not 10am. As you say, might have been an error which has now been corrected?

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Original Poster

From Disney's website....

"Disney Early Morning Magic takes place from 7:45 AM to 10:00 AM on select Sundays and Tuesdays. Admission is available for $69 per adult and $59 per child (tax not included). However, admission is also very limited, so be sure to book your reservation before it’s too late!"

Don't get bogged down in the small details here. The larger point is, Disney is selling the MK three times in the same day. Maybe you don't see that as a problem, that's your perrogative. But don't try and obfuscate the larger point here.

edit to add....

unless your point is, the whole thing is a glitch and Disney won't be offering EMM on those days. And the MK will be back to being sold twice.

ELG13

Sorry to be uninformed but what is mnsshp? I may need to change my dates.Thank you.
Mickey's not so scary Halloween party. It's a separate, ticketed even at MK. The park closes at 6 (can't remember for sure) and you have to have a party ticket to be in the park until close. It can seriously cut back on your park time depending on when it is. I just plan our days around it. We are leaving a day early for this coming trip so we can have one day in the mk until 11 pm. They just released the dates.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Original Poster
Wow, outlandish. And then there's the price surge. Compared to 15 years ago the ticket price has doubled, from $52 (just over $60 if inflation adjusted).

Double price, half the hours. So a quadruple devaluation.

Then add that the great crowd increase means a devaluation of your net time. And that the hours you get on a normal day ticket are the busiest of the day, between 10 and 6. So let's say that between these two you get half as much done. Then the MK ticket is now worth one eight of what it was in 2003. Financially. Disregarding the more subjective notion that the MK has greatly decreased in artistic value too (because some people seem to genuinely prefer astroturf over trees, grass and water)
Another bit of "fun" math for these days...

The MK is "open" from 7:45 till 11. On these days. In order to spend that entire time in the park, you'd need to spend somewhere around $290 per person.

Legendary

A few years back when park attendance was lower in the fall an early closing at 7pm for parties was not a big deal. You could still get through a majority of the attractions. But there is no slow season anymore and an early closing does really impact a guests vacation. I suggest avoiding MK during party days. This makes planning more complicated than it already is.

This nickel and diming is extremely off putting. Can we cash back when attractions break down, closed for refurbishment, bus is late, or wait times exceed 1 hour???

wendysue

A few years back when park attendance was lower in the fall an early closing at 7pm for parties was not a big deal. You could still get through a majority of the attractions. But there is no slow season anymore and an early closing does really impact a guests vacation. I suggest avoiding MK during party days. This makes planning more complicated than it already is.

This nickel and diming is extremely off putting. Can we cash back when attractions break down, closed for refurbishment, bus is late, or wait times exceed 1 hour???
I agree. When you live really far away...save up for your few days at WDW....then find out that 3 of the 4 or 5 days you booked are SHORT days at the MK unless you put out another 60 or 80 dollars....why bother?!

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Another bit of "fun" math for these days...

The MK is "open" from 7:45 till 11. On these days. In order to spend that entire time in the park, you'd need to spend somewhere around $290 per person.
Doing some quick back of a packet maths.
For the regular hours at the MK on 28th August would cost you $142 for 8 hours.
If you did the morning deal and the NSSHP only on the same day it would cost you $134 for 8 hours and 15 minutes ( based on a midnight park close)

The Empress Lilly

I suggest avoiding MK during party days.
Yes, we all have to. But because we all do the non-party evenings receive double the guests - the regular audience + the guests who postponed their MK visit from the day before.

TDO seems to actually crave this overcrowding, so it can extract higher revenue from second ticketed events. Never forget: your children's tears and misery are Disney's goldmine.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Original Poster
Yes, we all have to. But because we all do the non-party evenings receive double the guests - the regular audience + the guests who postponed their MK visit from the day before.

TDO seems to actually crave this overcrowding, so it can extract higher revenue from second ticketed events. Never forget: your children's tears and misery are Disney's goldmine.
Magic Kingdom too crowded for you to ride all the FantasyLand attractions??? Kid's upset they didn't get to ride the Mine Train??? Boy do we have a deal for you!!!

Mainahman

Sadly my family, much prefers animal kingdom and EPCOT way more than MK. We go to see the castle, we catch a few rides, and then ignore all else and play sorcerers of the magic kingdom, when it decides to work. we have much more fun at EPCOT and AK than we do MK.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom