Selling Magic Kingdom 3x a day....

ELG13

I argue against the grain that they might as well just roll the party price into the main ticket price and be done with these shenanigans.

If they are saying the park is too crowded, then obviously the ticket price isn't high enough. If they are saying the per cap isn't high enough to offer nice parades and stay open later, then increase the per cap.

At this point I rather then just charge $199 a day and be open from 7 am till 11 pm with tons of great service and extra special perks and parades for everyone. Make it a good experience again and thin the crowds a bit in the process.
I hate to say that I kind of like this idea. Just be up front about it and say "hey, we have all this crap goin on this day so the tickets are more for the whole day but you get all this with it" and be done with it.
I feel bad for people who don't know how much they really have to plan for Disney and get there and relaize that 3 of the 5 days they have are early closing days or whatever. I've helped sevral people at work plan their trips and they are so shocked at how many things they have to consider and these party's and special ticketed events can get confusing. Just take my $200 give me a real FULL day, maybe some lighter crowds and just be done with it. I don't want Disney to get priced out of affordable ranges for people at all but I would like them to just be up front with their agenda.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
What they are doing is reducing the value of the annual pass. People pay for the annual pass up front and all these time deductions devalue it but it's too late to get a refund and Disney already has your money.

There are AP purchasers unaware of the Halloween and Christmas parties that have been going on for more than a decade? Shame on them.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Original Poster
I hate to say that I kind of like this idea. Just be up front about it and say "hey, we have all this crap goin on this day so the tickets are more for the whole day but you get all this with it" and be done with it.
I feel bad for people who don't know how much they really have to plan for Disney and get there and relaize that 3 of the 5 days they have are early closing days or whatever. I've helped sevral people at work plan their trips and they are so shocked at how many things they have to consider and these party's and special ticketed events can get confusing. Just take my $200 give me a real FULL day, maybe some lighter crowds and just be done with it. I don't want Disney to get priced out of affordable ranges for people at all but I would like them to just be up front with their agenda.
I feel the same. I booked a trip for early Novemeber at my 11 month window. Got everything locked in. Then Disney releases the party dates, and BAM. 3 of my 5 days, the Magic Kingdom is closing at 6p. That's a GD joke.

Now, listen, I know there are people that like these parties. Though, I don't know why they like them. They are so overpriced it's not funny, while simultaneously reducing what you get for that price, and letting in more people then ever. But that's a topic for a different thread. Anyhooo.....

But to have the MK closing at 6p more then half the week? That's just a slap in the face to the regular guest.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
I feel the same. I booked a trip for early Novemeber at my 11 month window. Got everything locked in. Then Disney releases the party dates, and BAM. 3 of my 5 days, the Magic Kingdom is closing at 6p. That's a GD joke.

It has been the case for many years now that unless your November dates are 2-7 or Thanksgiving week, that in any five day period, three of those days will be MVMCP.

ELG13

Now, listen, I know there are people that like these parties. Though, I don't know why they like them. They are so overpriced it's not funny, while simultaneously reducing what you get for that price, and letting in more people then ever. But that's a topic for a different thread. Anyhooo.....

But to have the MK closing at 6p more then half the week? That's just a slap in the face to the regular guest.
Agreed. Why not do a week night and then a weekend night? Like a wed and a Fri or Sat. Imagine if you have a quick trip...like a 2 or 3 day but only have 2 days planned and both end up being party days. I'd be so irritated
It has been the case for many years now that unless your November dates are 2-7 or Thanksgiving week, that in any five day period, three of those days will be MVMCP.

Not everyone knows this. Even I forgot when we booked our trip and had to pull up last year's dates to see when it would fall.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Yeah and look what happened to toysrus with their short term greed

Actually Bain Capital doing the private equity shuffle, Buy a company that needs help, fix the issues, borrow a bunch of cash against the fixed company, IPO/Sell it to a sucker and the business collapses in 18-36 months due to the crushing debt load

MileZXO

To confirm, Magic Kingdom closes at 7pm on these days.

I have booked up my MNSSHP tickets, personally i think its fine, sure its annoying that we have spend more money,but with everything you've paid for (especially if your coming from the UK like me) does a few hundred extra really matter? i mean your going to Disney World its going to be expensive. just prepare for it.

besides there is a reason, it's extremely fun!!!!!!!!

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
To confirm, Magic Kingdom closes at 7pm on these days.

I have booked up my MNSSHP tickets, personally i think its fine, sure its annoying that we have spend more money,but with everything you've paid for (especially if your coming from the UK like me) does a few hundred extra really matter? i mean your going to Disney World its going to be expensive. just prepare for it.

besides there is a reason, it's extremely fun!!!!!!!!
Nobody's making fun of your decision. Everyone should try the hard ticket parties at least once, just to see if they find value in them.

Bairstow

You really need to do some advanced research to avoid these days. I feel bad for people who just show up.

What were the crowd levels like during normal operating hours on party days last year? Do they dip down some in comparison?

It seems unintuitive, but maybe it's like purposefully avoiding a park when it has extra-magic hours- you get more done in less time.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
What were the crowd levels like during normal operating hours on party days last year? Do they dip down some in comparison?

It seems unintuitive, but maybe it's like purposefully avoiding a park when it has extra-magic hours- you get more done in less time.

Actually, they spike due to people avoiding the early closing days.

It's (relatively) low attendance during the day of a party, especially the mornings. Hoppers are your friends.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Original Poster

The idea would be, and this is where they get you(again) to go to MK the morning of a party, then hop to a different park for the evening. Assuming another park has late hours and assuming you can secure a FP or 2 for said other park, because by golly will it be busy since they closed the MK. Otherwise, you head back to your after dinner. Which, I guess you should work a little harder at your job so you could afford a full day at MK.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom