Seas with Nemo and Friends: anglerfish not working

Kamikaze

As I've said, I aim to prioritize this maintenance concept on the new project I'm working on. I'm hoping that we'll be testing the front end by the end of the month with the prospect of a genuine log of maintenance issues within 3 months.

I really don't think a forum is the best way to do this, I've got something else in mind.

Three months? You're definitely doing something wrong.

devoy1701

A forum could potentially be useful as a means for regular non-contributing writers to share maintenance news that others may have missed. It wouldn't necessarily be posted on the front page, but it would be a convenient and quick way for regular users to share things they've noticed. It would have to be extremely strict about the sorts of comments that are allowed though, only solid information and not anything imposing personal attacks or whatnot. But as a formal way of showcasing the maintenance status, we need a real front page, not a forum. But take that however you like, just a suggestion.

As I've said, I aim to prioritize this maintenance concept on the new project I'm working on. I'm hoping that we'll be testing the front end by the end of the month with the prospect of a genuine log of maintenance issues within 3 months.

I really don't think a forum is the best way to do this, I've got something else in mind.

Our Issue Tracker forum is locked down in the sense that people cannot create new threads. They can post an update about a Maintenance issue on an attraction or other area in the park and we will then update the 1st post as well so that users can get a consolidated look at all of the past and present maintenance issues affecting the attraction.

Eventually with everyone's help we should have a pretty consolidated list of all of the effects around the parks and simply be able to update the Status Ticker on them if they're working or not.

Conversation and Banter is not permitted in our Issue Tracker section but we do have a Discussion area where things other than just straight facts can be added.

Merlin and RSox, would love to see you over there!

RSoxNo1

Three months? You're definitely doing something wrong.

It's not the # 1 priority on the site I'm developing, it will be part of the phase 2 of the site. Hopefully it won't be like a typical phase 2 for a Disney project.

Our Issue Tracker forum is locked down in the sense that people cannot create new threads. They can post an update about a Maintenance issue on an attraction or other area in the park and we will then update the 1st post as well so that users can get a consolidated look at all of the past and present maintenance issues affecting the attraction.

Eventually with everyone's help we should have a pretty consolidated list of all of the effects around the parks and simply be able to update the Status Ticker on them if they're working or not.

Conversation and Banter is not permitted in our Issue Tracker section but we do have a Discussion area where things other than just straight facts can be added.

Merlin and RSox, would love to see you over there!

I signed up yesterday.

brentley2

I have been on this ride at least 15 times, and it was only working the last time I was there (in Februrary). It scared the CRAP out of me cuz I was just kind of like...oh here is the part with nothing in it...relax...and then BAM. It's a noisy little thing, I must say.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Yeah, I was going to say the same thing. Universal's Kuka arms on Forbidden Journey work every day and they have 46 of them on the track lol

Sum of All Thrills uses the same tech as well does it not?

Any major downtime on that attraction?
From my understanding the arm use in the Seas is for intents and purposes the equivalent of a BETA to a 1.0 model. The ones used in Sum of all Thrills and Forbidden Journey are much later and significantly improved models.

NewfieFan

From my understanding the arm use in the Seas is for intents and purposes the equivalent of a BETA to a 1.0 model. The ones used in Sum of all Thrills and Forbidden Journey are much later and significantly improved models.

Is a new one in the budget? :lookaroun

scoobygirl39541

oh wow, I'm shocked to see that this seems to be a frequent problem. We ride this every trip and I've never had a problem. Everything is always working fine. Maybe we just got super lucky :shrug:

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
OK now I don't feel crazy thinking the shark was suppose to move. I asked my boyfriend if the shark was broken because I could hear the pistons going off but it didn't seem to move but he assured me the Shark doesn't move. I guess he's never seen it work in the 5 times he has been on the ride over the years.

I have ridden about 15 times, and saw the shark move twice. I assumed that effect has just been consigned to the "never-will-work-again" bin, like Luxo over at Pixar Place.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I have ridden about 15 times, and saw the shark move twice. I assumed that effect has just been consigned to the "never-will-work-again" bin, like Luxo over at Pixar Place.
Something I have always wondered....Chum is a brutally easy effect. Far to simple for it not to be working. I know the default position when an effect is not working is that TDO is the devil and they will not fix it because it would take away from the money the use to kick puppies and all, but maybe there is another reason we are not aware of that it is not working. Could it be something as stupid as it was too close to the ride vehicles or its system was messing with something else?

devoy1701

Something I have always wondered....Chum is a brutally easy effect. Far to simple for it not to be working. I know the default position when an effect is not working is that TDO is the devil and they will not fix it because it would take away from the money the use to kick puppies and all, but maybe there is another reason we are not aware of that it is not working. Could it be something as stupid as it was too close to the ride vehicles or its system was messing with something else?

kick puppies? :lookaroun

you hatin'?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
kick puppies? :lookaroun

you hatin'?
Naw. I am pretty neutral to apathetic on the matter. "Kicking puppies" is more a dig at those that hate TDO and bash them at every opportunity. (ie There was a piece of paper on the sidewalk, I was bitten by a mosquito at Ft Wilderness, my car broke down on the way to Disney...TDO's fault)

RSoxNo1

I'm fairly certain the issue with the shark (I thought Chum was the hammerhead not the thin shark I'm talking about) was that it frightened too many kids so they toned down the movement.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom