Seas with Nemo and Friends: anglerfish not working

MerlinTheGoat

As I've said, I aim to prioritize this maintenance concept on the new project I'm working on. I'm hoping that we'll be testing the front end by the end of the month with the prospect of a genuine log of maintenance issues within 3 months.

I really don't think a forum is the best way to do this, I've got something else in mind.

A forum could potentially be useful as a means for regular non-contributing writers to share maintenance news that others may have missed. It wouldn't necessarily be posted on the front page, but it would be a convenient and quick way for regular users to share things they've noticed. It would have to be extremely strict about the sorts of comments that are allowed though, only solid information and not anything imposing personal attacks or whatnot. But as a formal way of showcasing the maintenance status, we need a real front page, not a forum. But take that however you like, just a suggestion.

raven

Kuka robots are known for not working a LOT. They need constant maintenence. Often in the automotive factories they are down all the time. But this is also why Sum Of All Thrills works on a day-to-day basis. They work on that ride every single night. Nemo has other elements of the show sometimes that take top priority...like keeping the actual ride operating in and around a leaky saltwater tank. :lol:

PlaneJane

In the Parks
No
Is Disneyland really that much better, with maintenance and general quality or is everyone just blowing smoke

Pioneer Hall

Kuka robots are known for not working a LOT. They need constant maintenence. Often in the automotive factories they are down all the time. But this is also why Sum Of All Thrills works on a day-to-day basis. They work on that ride every single night. Nemo has other elements of the show sometimes that take top priority...like keeping the actual ride operating in and around a leaky saltwater tank. :lol:

You might not know the answer, but how is Universal keeping Harry Potter up and running every single day?

flynnibus

Premium Member
I would think the industrial robot uptime requirements are a lot stricter then running at EPCOT 15hrs a day. If it doesn't run at the plant... very expensive assembly line and supply chains are at risk. No parts = no cars = very expensive supply chain management.

Glad someone reported this because I was on yesterday and forgot to post. It's just standing there and it looks really pathetic. Also, one of the other fish looks like it's stuck but I don't know the exact name of the fish.

iheartdisney91

It was down Sunday July 10.

Come to think of it I can't remember if it worked when we were there last year.

I think the bigger issue is the lack of fish in the tanks. The fish currently in the tanks tend to school together in one window so every time I've gone on the ride Nemo has very few "friends" in his sea.

i've noticed this too, i remember the living Seas having TONS of fish when i was little, now theres hardly any. That and the dolphins always stay in the back room away from the guests.....to be honest idk if they still have them.:shrug:

jessfriends

It was down when I was there back during the end of May/early June. It was dark and you faintly saw the fish stationary. I was bummed as I like that part. I hope it is fixed soon!

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
For those keeping score of working vs. not working dates....

Both the Anglerfish and Shark were off on June 22nd. The Anglerfish wasn't even in B mode - all lights were off and it appeared to be sitting way back in the corner covered with black fabric (or tarp). We were on it only about 10 minutes after park opening, so it would appear that it was going to be off all day.

We've done the ride at least 20 times since it opened and I would say the Anglerfish has worked about 50% of the time.

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
i've noticed this too, i remember the living Seas having TONS of fish when i was little, now theres hardly any. That and the dolphins always stay in the back room away from the guests.....to be honest idk if they still have them.:shrug:

We were happy to see the dolphins out and about and playing on the 22nd of June - sadly the manatees were still not out for the day (I guess were sleeping off a visit to Rose and Crown from the night before).

wilkeliza

Both the Anglerfish and Shark were off on June 22nd.

OK now I don't feel crazy thinking the shark was suppose to move. I asked my boyfriend if the shark was broken because I could hear the pistons going off but it didn't seem to move but he assured me the Shark doesn't move. I guess he's never seen it work in the 5 times he has been on the ride over the years.

aurorawest

I've ridden Nemo probably 5-6 times in the past six months and the anglerfish worked every time except the last (29 May, if I recall correctly). The shark AA, on the other hand, has never moved when I've ridden, and what really bothers me about it is that you can hear the air hissing in it and see it shaking slightly, so it doesn't seem to be off, it just seems to be broken.

I've never had an issue seeing the dolphins, luckily. They've been out every time I've been in the pavilion.

rct247

That scene has been down for most of the summer for sure.

I've heard that the reason this scene goes down so much is because the weight of the fish is more than the kuka arm is supposed to handle. Since the arm is small to fit into the compact space, the load limit is smaller. Apparently Disney decided they would take the risk and as a result it adds a lot more stress to the arm and the mechanics. Eventually either it actually breaks or a sensor causes it to stop and it has to be reset. I'm not sure if this is true of course, but it sounds plausible to me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom