Seas/Nemo Jellyfish and Interior Update

-SIR-

The ladder is back...

And he brought an army with him!!! :eek:

Okay I have heard about the "ladder" for like two years or something and ive tried to ignore it but I have NO idea what it means. What is this odd reference to a ladder? can someone tell me or PM me and tell me what this means ?!? :brick:

Timmay

Thanks for the pics Merf, and the effort you have put into getting us these and all the others.

I like the new look and look forward to seeing it in person.

maharet97a

random thought: cant remember if i read on this forum this morning or not, but looking at Ray.... are they going to remove the sting rays from Typhoon Lagoon snorkle area?

Don't know how the biologists do it at LS, but according to the director of the Georgia Aquarium in Atlanta, the rays that they have in the petting area have their barbs removed. Said it was basically like a long fingernail that they trim down to avoid sting accidents. I don't know how common of a practice this is, but it must be at least pretty accepted for him to get on CNN and say so.

brkgnews

Basically, every sneaky over-the-construction-wall picture we have seen has the ladder in it. It's omnipresent in all the rehabs.

brkgnews

Stingray barb removal for "petting zoos" is very commonplace -- I remember Gulf World (Panama City) did it way back in the 80s.

Hoop Raeb

Formerly known as...
Speaking of the outside of Living Seas (or whatever they're calling it), has anyone seen the Nemo sculpture near the entrance? The bug eyes on him are creapin'. They are way over exaggerated.

CJR

At first, I though you said that they put Jump'n Jellyfish in The Living Seas. I'm like, "Is there even room for that?" Then I realized you meant that they put Jellyfish on the walls, that made more sense. Imagine them putting Jumpin' Jellyfish in the Seas, that would be crazy!

Anyway's, I kind of like it. It adds more a feel to the kind of gloomy pavilion. Remember, Nemo is bright and colorful. The Living Seas has always been kind of dark and creepy. Hopefully this will brighten it up a bit.

wedway71

Is it me or does the JellyFish blue wall paint look blotchy-Im trying to figure if its the lighting on the pic or the paint???

EpcotServo

I don't understand why this new "Seabase" has big pictures of Nemo and friends on the walls? What discovery and research purposes do those serve? Turtle Talk and Seabase Alpha made perfect sense together. "Seabase at The Seas" seems to makes no sense at all however.
"I dare you to make less sense."
-Dean Venture

metscool

I went to Epcot today and I saw them putting up the things up on the wall outside so then I went to the CM that was outside and asked her what they were doing to the outside. She told me that she couldn't tell me. Even though I knew the answer. I tried so hard to get more info and if she is a member of this website I am sorry.I think your name was Dannelle (i don't think that I spelled the name right). I was the person that was wearing the Talladega Nights shirt that came there at around 615. Back to the story she then asked me if I knew about the new ride that was going to be there and I said no to try to get more info out of her. So the she told that Nemo had a ride that was coming to the seas and that it was going in the place that the old ride that was there. Then she told me that the ride was going to open in Oct. and then reopen in Nov. That was all I got out of her. I thought that she would be nice enough to give me more info about the outside but she didn't.

Capt. Jack

Wow, those pictures are very nice Mousemerf. It'll be interesting to see what the final outcome is, & if it is a huge smash or a huge bust.

I, to this day, love Test Track, but I find it to be the biggest waste of space & money in Walt Disney World. Not only is it broken down every 5 Seconds ( yes, I do realise the name is 'test' track & it will break down from time to time ), but every day, sometimes 3+ is just absolutely ridiculous.

So, alls I can say is lets hope this one doesn't break down tons of times ( the ride part ) or doesn't have many screw ups. Now, as far as on the inside & all the fish go, I think it'll be absolutely amazing. That's so neat how they are adding Jellyfish & such. Adding Finding Nemo to this place will do many wonders, from young to old.

Disneyfanman

Okay I have heard about the "ladder" for like two years or something and ive tried to ignore it but I have NO idea what it means. What is this odd reference to a ladder? can someone tell me or PM me and tell me what this means ?!? :brick:

Do a search. There is a running gag on these boards about the mysterious appearance of the "ladder" in rehab pics. Some of the posts go on and on and are quite funny. That's what the reference is to.

Figment1986

Do a search. There is a running gag on these boards about the mysterious appearance of the "ladder" in rehab pics. Some of the posts go on and on and are quite funny. That's what the reference is to.

If i remember, it originated with Mission Space's Construction....

Great photos... I should go get some myself... later.

TinkerBell9988

Thanks for the pics, merf! I'm excited to see this pavillion in person, since I don't like to judge until I see things in 'real life', rather than 'reel life.'

Not so crazy about the outside... I'll miss the original mural. Oh, well. Time goes on, and EPCOT is officially dead. Here's to Epcot v.2006.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom