Seas/Nemo Jellyfish and Interior Update

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
More outside pics...

Bruce closeup.. I don't think he's finished.

outside2.jpg

And then the exit area, where i walked past someone working for Disney who was lugging a big camera and getting ready to take photos of stuff.

outside3.jpg

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
if anyone is a certified scuba diver.... do divequest, and take a peek inside the windows in the tunnel.

There's quite a bit of action with the clammobiles :)

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
as usual merf. thatnks for the pics.

question: once the figures are done, do you think the construction walls might come down? are they done with the fountain?

I like the mural but I think Bruce, Mr. Ray, and Dory blend in a little to much....I hope they add something to them to keep them from disappearing into the background.

ddank

wow.....

i thought nemo puked on LS before all of this... now i have to say that he projectile vomited on it. im not a big fan of the new exterior. i wish they hadnt put the figures up there. but alas, ill wait until they are completely done before in convinced i dont like it.

:D

I puke everytime I read responses to changes here. Has there ever been a redo that people actually applauded? This is like deja vu with the Land. Did any of the people compaining about the changes actually enter this pivilion from 2000- 2005? wasteland... seabase alpha was cool when it started, but by now it just doesnt relate to modern society. Id much rather have the focus the fish and the sealife (whether cartoon or not) than some outdated vision we'll be working underwater some day on some base (was that even the theme of the seabase? did it even have a point)?. Id much rather have the place filled with visitors because a imaginary clown fish brought them there than have the place demolished so they can build the son of mission freakin space. Be happy, this couldve come out way worse.

joel_maxwell

if anyone is a certified scuba diver.... do divequest, and take a peek inside the windows in the tunnel.

There's quite a bit of action with the clammobiles :)
hmmmm, maybe enough to have sneak previews from the 23rd through the 30th of this month.

brkgnews

After seeing Merf's closeup of Bruce, he's definitely not finished. Notice that those pockmarks are actually L-brackets. And, notice that you can see the bolts holding Bruce to the wall. You can't see either of those on any of the other critters. Take a look at Crush, Dory, and Mr Ray and you can tell there's a blue background behind them; that appears to be what we're seeing on Bruce. Nice pix, merf.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
After seeing Merf's closeup of Bruce, he's definitely not finished. Notice that those pockmarks are actually L-brackets. And, notice that you can see the bolts holding Bruce to the wall. You can't see either of those on any of the other critters. Take a look at Crush, Dory, and Mr Ray and you can tell there's a blue background behind them; that appears to be what we're seeing on Bruce. Nice pix, merf.

I had noticed the L-brackets, but not the background things on the others, but you're right.. lookie..

closeup.jpg

joel_maxwell

I puke everytime I read responses to changes here. Has there ever been a redo that people actually applauded? This is like deja vu with the Land. Did any of the people compaining about the changes actually enter this pivilion from 2000- 2005? wasteland... seabase alpha was cool when it started, but by now it just doesnt relate to modern society. Id much rather have the focus the fish and the sealife (whether cartoon or not) than some outdated vision we'll be working underwater some day on some base (was that even the theme of the seabase? did it even have a point)?. Id much rather have the place filled with visitors because a imaginary clown fish brought them there than have the place demolished so they can build the son of mission freakin space. Be happy, this couldve come out way worse.
first: dont ever group me with any other "people" and their opinions of "redos"

second: yes, there has been plenty of rehabs that i applauded and some that i thought they drop the ball on.

if you didnt get the point of the original Seabase Alpha then i can understand your style of attraction.

joel_maxwell

yep, good call. it gives a more 3D feel.

DanStat

I like it. The pavillion seems a lot less dingy. I can't wait to see how the attraction turns out. I always get lost in the Living Seas pavillion, and last time it seemed like there was hardly anything to do there.

dxwwf3

I really like the design of these additions. I am very impressed, to be honest. I like the designs inside more than having them on the outside mural, but at least they do not look cartoony and out of place in Epcot.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Well, everytime go on a photo mission there something that eludes me. Last time it was the seagulls, this time it was the mural/mosaic over Bruce's Shark World.

I could not get a decent shot of it.

But, because i tried, here are some crappy (pronounced by Dory: "Crap-peh") photos of that...

From below..

shark1.jpg

From the second floor...

shark2.jpg

And then, when i tried to get artsy, showing how the Turtle Talk mural and the Shark World mural came together in a blend of movement and color to create a sense of cohesion and excitement for the area.. umm yeah, no.

PNPDD-shark3.jpg

Well, i tried.

joel_maxwell

I really like the design of these additions. I am very impressed, to be honest. I like the designs inside more than having them on the outside mural, but at least they do not look cartoony and out of place in Epcot.
i neglected to add this to one of my post before, but i agree with this, i like the mural and the swooshes so much i guess i dont want anything taking away from it.

if i had to choose a style of figure to go on the outside, it would be the kind they have installed. slightly abstract and solid.

Pongo

WOW! Thanks a TON, merf!

It is so nice to see some visible changes finally appearing!

I really like that the new flares inside have added some MUCH NEEDED color the pavilion. No more cold, grey-blue feeling. I love it.

And the actual design of the characters is really cool too. Especially the outside. That whole minimalistic quality really makes it look cool.

Good job, WDI.

SewIn2Disney

I really like the murals on the inside.....they add a cohesiveness from the mural outside. As for the mural outside....I don't like the addition of the Nemo characters....but I guess it was necessary for what lies ahead inside :(

Buried20KLeague

Things seem to be happening at a frantic pace at this point... We might be closer to seeing the clammobiles than we think!!!!

**** Here's hoping for sometime between Sept. 22nd and Oct. 1st!!! ****

:sohappy:

joel_maxwell

Things seem to be happening at a frantic pace at this point... We might be closer to seeing the clammobiles than we think!!!!

**** Here's hoping for sometime between Sept. 22nd and Oct. 1st!!! ****

:sohappy:
im there the same time..... if you get to preview and i dont im going to be so mad. :lol:

ddank

first: dont ever group me with any other "people" and their opinions of "redos"

second: yes, there has been plenty of rehabs that i applauded and some that i thought they drop the ball on.

if you didnt get the point of the original Seabase Alpha then i can understand your style of attraction.

blah.... My point wasnt directed at you. It was more general. I personally dont keep track of who likes what, nor do I really care. I just wish the general feeling of rehabs were more positive in this forum. I do love your jab at the end and your use of "quotes" for my lack of "understanding" of what the imagineers were attempting to do. spare me. my type of attraction is one that is up to disney standards of story telling and execution (regardless of whether is has a feel-good/make the world a better place message or not) and the living seas as it exsisted the past few years did not. While I am not saying any change is good change (imagination taught us that) how one can assess the use of nemo on the redo based on a couple of zoomed in pictures is beyond me. that was my point.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom