Seas/Nemo Jellyfish and Interior Update

ddank

can't decide if i need to update my avatar or not... might keep it around in tribute.. but the more i think about this the more relieved I am that this place will be around for awhile longer. it didnt look so good for this always hidden gem.. Look at the very recent facts 1. the initiative to make epcot more "thrill friendly" (MS, test track, and soarin) 2. the fact that animal kingdom is now the center of education of all animals for WDW 3. knowing the size of a show building that acquarium could hold and 4. most importantly, the attraction itself was an absolute worn out, boring, old dog.. i was worried the pavilion would go the way of the horizons or worse the oddessy!!!! imagine the horror.... thankfully the CG fish made marine life cool (cool = $) and the only logical place to cash in is at the big fishbowl you already built. its scary but nemo may have bought a second life for the (living) seas.. now we just have to look beyond it..

Pongo

Okay, this may be a stupid question, but...

seas.jpg

Is it some kind of scaffolding? Or an awning? A covering? Ladders? Am I totally braindead here?

OmegaKnight

Construction seems to be moving at a rapid pace at the pavilion. It looks like The Seas with Nemo and Friends is getting really close to completion. This is going to be an awesome new addition to Epcot. I definitely can't wait for it to open in October.

CelticRose

Merf thanks for the great pics,:dazzle: I think it looks great, I also agree that it needed a little updating, now it will appeal to the younger crowd, like my grandson who watches Nemo at least once a week.

All this talk about cameras, I think I need to go get myself a new one before my trip in May...:drevil:

Merf, Keep the great pictures coming, for those of us who have to live vicariously thru your trips :) that is until we can get there.

240 Days and counting:D

metscool

Okay, this may be a stupid question, but...

seas.jpg

Is it some kind of scaffolding? Or an awning? A covering? Ladders? Am I totally braindead here?
It is called a ladder. You use it to do things. It is a cool thing maybe you have used it once and didn't know it.

Hoop Raeb

Formerly known as...
From what I could see, it's a crane type construction vehicle with ladders stored on top of it. Kinda like you would store a ladder on top of a pickup truck with rails.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
The Passholder newsletter says : Opening late October. But you can always go in through the exit and see Turtle Talk with Crush, it's quite amazing.

By the way, thanks Mousermerf!
yey. that is what i have read as well..... just crossing the fingers that we get some preview or something. TTwC is a definate.

(watch my house during these dates.... we have a house sitter for the dogs and i hope he doesnt burn the house down :rolleyes: )

Magicot

Hey mousermerf, would you say that the interior of The Seas pavilion looks finished when you went in recently? I remember when it was painted blue and green last year, it looked quite unfinished and blotchy- like there were just base coats of paint. Do you think that the interior looks presentable now?

Oh yeah, I love the new look of the inside. The blue and green lighting really complements the new color scheme. The Seas still looks very futuristic in my mind and I think that this is very important for a pavilion in Future World.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
I'd say if anything, the finale untouched module (the upper floor area of where Nemo's friends are displayed) which still plays the old pavilion music (the rest of it is nemo music) needs to still be redone - but that one is iffy. It can be left alone. It's mostly a scientific-type place.

The one large area I feel that is left undone is the main observation deck, as it still really has no signage or color or anything at the moment.

ddank

is the classic living seas theme still playing on the outside concourse? I really hope they keep it.... would fit regardless of what they put there..

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
I'd say if anything, the finale untouched module (the upper floor area of where Nemo's friends are displayed) which still plays the old pavilion music (the rest of it is nemo music) needs to still be redone - but that one is iffy. It can be left alone. It's mostly a scientific-type place.

The one large area I feel that is left undone is the main observation deck, as it still really has no signage or color or anything at the moment.

Hey Merf, You're missing the 'u' in your avatar buddy. :wave: :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom