Say.... What if Avatarland got cancelled?

djkidkaz

I think Captain Neo was being sarcastic. Just making the comparison that a bunch of guys on a message board talking about Disney theme parks aren't that much further than a bunch of guys talking about My Little Pony.

I mean, WE get it, but most outsiders would consider both of our groups weird.

Lee

Adventurer
I think Captain Neo was being sarcastic. Just making the comparison that a bunch of guys on a message board talking about Disney theme parks aren't that much further than a bunch of guys talking about My Little Pony.

Waaaaaaaayyy different.
Light years of difference.

WDW1974

First major airliner to have its reputation destroyed by the media even though Douglas made it to be one of the most advanced aircraft for its time.

They were so comfortable ... even in coach ... took my first flight to DL on a NWA DC-10 (so there, a Disney connection!)

~Spirit's Biggest Regret in the Air: Never Flying the Concorde!~

WDW1974

Spirit, I actually am kind of a fan of yours, but this is just mean... That's my favorite blogger of all time that you're picking on. I'm disappointed.

P.s. I'm a female and I think bronies are great. They share some traits with WDW fans.

Just 'kind' of a fan?!??!:eek: ... I am like many acquired tastes, you tend to either love me or hate me.

I wasn't picking on the blogger (although he/she is apparently quite arrogant in the Twitverse, but I do think he/she puts out interesting stuff ... provided we are speaking of the same person) per se.

And I can honestly say that I have NEVER heard the term 'bronies' before this evening. And here I thought I was a worldy Spirit. I do find them odd, much the folks who have fixations with foamheads and plush etc.

Other than being fans, I don't see any real comparison with WDW fans (although some of the latter are certainly disturbed as well).

~Four out of five fanbois recommend the Spirit to their friends who chew gum~

WDW1974

Dude, you're such a nerd... I mean, Adventurer :D

I thank you, sir!
Indiana-Jones-indiana-jones-harrison-smiley-emoticon-000444-medium.gif

Oh, man ... you gots to be kidding?!?! Does DD know you collect smileys?

~?!?!?Carl took out Zombie Shane after Daddy took out the human version??!?! YES!!!~

WDW1974

How can they spend all those millions in advertising and not be giving it support?

I know like a lot of what I post that this may not sound like it could possibly make sense (because if you use common sense from your reality, well ... it doesn't) BUT ... Disney isn't giving it support because the head of the studios and others inside the company WANT TO SEE IT FAIL!!!!

Rich Ross wants to pass it off as D-I-C-K Cook's failure, while collecting his ridiculous salary and benefits package ... and wants to make sure no one from Pixar ever is allowed to make a live action film again.

It's politics, Hollywood style ... and it's why this film (whether it's great, awful or in between -- which is what I gather) had a ________ poor marketing campaign and never generated any buzz whatsoever.

~Huge opening in Russia ... pass the vodka, comrade!~

wonka

Oh, man ... you gots to be kidding?!?! Does DD know you collect smileys?

~?!?!?<unnecessary TV spoiler>??!?! YES!!!~

Could I kindly request that you remove the random spoiler comment from your message before you spoil the episode for anyone else? I have a DVR like a ton of people because I don't always get to watch things live and, because of that, I try to specifically stay away from any threads which may even hint at the outcome of a show I haven't watched yet.

To find this just plopped down in a thread originally about the potential cancellation of "Avatarland" sort of ruined the episode for me when I was able to finally watch it. I assume others may wind up in the same boat.

... back to your regularly scheduled topic.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I know like a lot of what I post that this may not sound like it could possibly make sense (because if you use common sense from your reality, well ... it doesn't) BUT ... Disney isn't giving it support because the head of the studios and others inside the company WANT TO SEE IT FAIL!!!!

Rich Ross wants to pass it off as D-I-C-K Cook's failure, while collecting his ridiculous salary and benefits package ... and wants to make sure no one from Pixar ever is allowed to make a live action film again.

It's politics, Hollywood style ... and it's why this film (whether it's great, awful or in between -- which is what I gather) had a ________ poor marketing campaign and never generated any buzz whatsoever.

just another reason to take that word off the banned word list

misterID

But it's still going to be on his watch. It's hard to deflect blame on this one when they do their report as to why it failed.

WDWFigment

And I can honestly say that I have NEVER heard the term 'bronies' before this evening. And here I thought I was a worldy Spirit. I do find them odd, much the folks who have fixations with foamheads and plush etc.

Other than being fans, I don't see any real comparison with WDW fans (although some of the latter are certainly disturbed as well).

I had never heard of the term, either, until I noticed that a few people I follow on Twitter were fans of the show. I wasn't quite sure whether it was a joke or they were serious, so I asked. The term "bronies" was brought up, and I did a little research through Google and found an interesting article.

Apparently (and it's been a few months so forgive my memory if I get any of this wrong), there are subtle elements of sophisticated humor in the show. I seem to recall the animation also being well-regarded. I think.

I, myself, have never watched it. Regardless of how sophisticated some aspects of the show might be, I still couldn't get past the premise and the target age demographic. If that makes me closeminded, so be it. However, I mention the above because I think it *might* be one of those "don't knock it until you've actually given it a chance" type things.

I'm not willing to give it a chance, so I'm also not going to knock it...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom