Say goodbye to ALL the clubs at PI.

hemloc

Count me in!! That would be fun - I always felt the Mai Kai had a "disney-esque" feel about it. And....they have really yummy drinks!

The debate is still out as to who ripped off who, lol.. Either way, I love the place. The Jetsetter in Lake Worth was another awesome place, more grounded in an Austin Powers-esque theme, but it closed not too long ago =(...

FutureKid

We need to do a little more than sign an online petition. I'm sorry but put yourself in one of the execs shoes....

A) He might not even know it's there...he has other "bold new visions" he's working on

B) It's not really legit unless you contact directly through the company

SOOO...what everyone is doing is great!
BUT! please contact Disney directly through their contact page at

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wd...=ContactUsPage

and just do exactly what you're doing....give a little snippit as to why you think PI should be saved and how you think their "Disney Research" people got this very wrong.

I work in a call center and we take in e-mail too...if we had an extra 2000 e-mails in just one day that would overload us.

Kyle

hemloc

I went to PI the first year it opened and went several times thereafter until about 1996, maybe 1997. Since then I have never been back and have had no desire to return. Maybe living in Miami and NYC spoiled me to real nightclubs and comedy clubs, but the PI clubs were all subpar. Mannequins in particular was this odd mishmash of a few tourists in shorts, disney employees, and locals.

Are you kidding me?? The clubs in Miami mostly suck, unless you like being trapped in an over-priced sea of x-d out beautiful people(Mostly made out of synthetic materials) or sweaty, shirtless, ab-tastic dudes(Depending on your tastes, lol). Mannequins is pretty much a state-of-the-art nightclub, still, to this day. Of course, if you are talking about the crowds, then yeah, the PI dance clubs kinda do blow, but that's because there are a lot of tourists mixed in(It's always funny watching some convetioneers trying to pick up girls like it's some kind of meat market!). Disney never wanted PI to be a 'locals scene', hence why they shut down CAGE turned it into 8 trax. You know, those pesky goth kids scare people away, lol!!

Thiger

I say Keep the AC or relocate it to the polynesian.
Adults who like to be social after 10pm need something to do and now having to drive all the way out to Citywalk or whatever its called is going to be really frustrating.

hemloc

Adults who like to be social after 10pm need something to do and now having to drive all the way out to Citywalk or whatever its called is going to be really frustrating.

Something tells me this whole debacle will lead to Disney Security paying more visits to noisy hotel rooms and pulling a bunch of drunken, nekkid swingers out of the jacuzzis after hours, lol...:eek:

nibblesandbits

I actually thought the same thing...keep the AC just put it in a new location. The Poly would work...they could put it at the Boardwalk, but it wouldn't match the theme at all...but the poly might be perfect for it now.

hokielutz

...If you take a cruise, there is a place you can go where there are no kids. Certainly you would not expect to see them in the bars.

Take care in what is said... you don't want to give upper managment any other adult only entertainment demolishing ideas. :rolleyes:

wdwfan100

I wish it was as simple as finding a new location for it. It is better for us all if we get to bed early any way. EMH come pretty quicky. We don't want to miss them.

PigletIsMyCat

I am a local, and do not spend alot of time at PI, but I have been there quite a few times since I moved to Florida. I have always had a fun time, except for feeling weird drinking around kids in strollers at 11pm. We were planning on getting the premium annual passes for PI, but now won't bother. We spend more time at PI than any other 'extras' like water parks or whatever.

We do, however, like to enjoy drinks while on property and have our favorite bars. I'm hoping that whatever they do on PI, they include a couple of 21+ bars.

As a local, I sometimes feel like Disney caters more to resort guests than us, which on one hand I get: they are staying on property and spending all their money there. On the other hand, as a local, I attempt to spend all my expendable cash at Disney. It is impossible to wake up and say 'Gee, I'd love to eat at Chef Mickey's this weekend' and get a ressie a week in advance, forget about a day - and this isn't just at the really popular restaurants, I've gotten turned down for places like Kona Cafe and Spoodles. And even though EMH is great, the parks are open till midnight or later sometimes, it's useless to us as passholders - we can't get on rides during EMH. Then, of course, we could go to the Outer Rim and enjoy a pomegranate martini, but they close fairly early (by bar standards). So we'd hit up PI late night. Now, we'll be limited to hanging out at HoB or the Margarita Stand by Cap'n Jacks.

I'd love to see some good restaurants and a couple of bars at the 'new' PI. No more shops, though. We all have malls and shops, no matter where you live. And it totally stinks about AC.

AEfx

We were planning on getting the premium annual passes for PI, but now won't bother. We spend more time at PI than any other 'extras' like water parks or whatever.

That brings up an interesting point. I'm very curious as to what, if anything, this will do to the price structure of the PAP. Certainly there are many like yourself that only have one/would have one for PI.

AEfx

I"m curious as to what they're going to do for people who bought PAP's intending to go to PI, and now they won't be able to...I bought mine in January, so I'm losing about 3-4 months of "access" to PI that I paid for...

My guess is that all us PAP owners are SOL...

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
I"m curious as to what they're going to do for people who bought PAP's intending to go to PI, and now they won't be able to...I bought mine in January, so I'm losing about 3-4 months of "access" to PI that I paid for...

Never hurts to ask! I would contact them, be insistant and see what happens. It would be interesting to hear the response.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

You are going to get the option to play golf at Disney’s Oak Trail Golf Course - seriously!

rainfully

You are going to get the option to play golf at Disney’s Oak Trail Golf Course - seriously!

I had heard that... and I can't even believe it. I have no idea how they can justify that.

To some I guess they'd like it... but I don't play golf, don't like golf... nothing about it appeals to me. I would be beyond furious if this was the "compensation" I was offered.

captainkidd

I lost interest in PI about 10 years ago. Clubbing's never been a big thing for me anyways. Of the 3 sections to DTD, PI is the one I spend no time in. I think a couple more restaurants would do wonders for DTD. Right now, you've got the majority of guests split between Rainforest and Planet Hollywood. T-Rex will ease the pain a bit. A couple more restaurants, will really spread things out a bit.

hemloc

I already posted about this somewhere in this thread(Long since buried, lol), but the skinny is that you get a free round of golf(As was said) or you can downgrade to an annual pass and get a pro-rated refund.

Personally, I want a full refund for making my Premium renewal last week 'in bad faith'(Upper Management knew about the changes but failed to notify anyone in advance), and I intend on buying the Universal Premiere Pass instead(A much better deal than Disney has EVER offered, even though they only have 2 parks. If I want to do Disney, I can do it cheaper as a Florida resident w/MYW tickets, grrr).

For crying out loud, look what Universal gives you:
Enjoy 365 days of unlimited park–to–park admission to both Universal Studios Florida & Universal’s Islands of Adventure, PLUS a never-before-available array of exclusive privileges, including Unlimited Universal Express PlusSM† after 4:00pm.

EXCLUSIVE PREMIER ANNUAL PASS BENEFITS INCLUDE:
  • Free valet parking (excludes holidays & special events)‡
  • Free preferred self-parking every time you visit‡
  • Free Zephyrhills water††
  • One (1) FREE ticket to Halloween Horror Nights*
  • Additional discounts on Food & Merchandise
  • All club access to CityWalk for passholders and one guest¥
  • Hotel benefits during your stay at a Universal hotel include:
    • Complimentary room upgrade1 upon arrival
    • 20% discount2 at Mandara Spa at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel
    • Suite upgrade3 for $50 upon check-in
    • Free access to on-site hotel fitness centers while staying on-site4
    • Complimentary sleeve of golf balls when participating in the Golf Universal Orlando program
    Additional Premier Pass Benefits

Experience a whole new level of entertainment and benefits for just $279.95.

polarboi

That brings up an interesting point. I'm very curious as to what, if anything, this will do to the price structure of the PAP. Certainly there are many like yourself that only have one/would have one for PI.

Count me in that group. I considered the PAP or the "Water Parks & More" options to be worth it primarily because of PI. I enjoy DQ once in a blue moon but I don't much care for the water parks, and neither of those would be enough for me to spend the extra money. I spent the extra money so that I could enjoy the CW, the AC, and Mannequins. That was worth it to me.

I guess I should look on the bright side... at least I'll be saving money now.

-p.b. :cool:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom