Say goodbye to ALL the clubs at PI.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
A few of my friends have had success filing a chargeback for their AP's, for those that are tired of dealing with canned replies and unequal substitutions.

Disney MDACK

Sad to see them go, but I didn't go to the clubs anyway. Thought it was a good break from the family stuff at WDW. I think they should have kept some clubs though.

brkgnews

That brings up an interesting point. I'm very curious as to what, if anything, this will do to the price structure of the PAP. Certainly there are many like yourself that only have one/would have one for PI.

AEfx
I was going to upgrade to premium when mine came due in September, solely for the PI access. Now, not so much.

liquid toez

Remember, that you can get a prorated refund on your PI annual pass. Just go to the ticket window at the entrance to PI (near Raglan Road end of PI).

Also, I think the closing of all the clubs on Sept 27th is just a management strategy to not show any favoritism to any one particular club. I think they are already contemplating the re-opening of some of the clubs by Christmas 2008.

I think patron pressure via videos, forum comments, and petitions will help to influence which clubs they will re-open.

Just a gut-feeling - not based on any facts.

I'm optomistic and hopeful.

Legacy

You've gotta keep perspective, though.

We also get 1000's of posts and 100's of threads across Disney sites that are just as upset about Character Dining going away at LTT.

Fan reaction on websites is rarely indicative of what the general public is going to think, which is usually not much at all about such things.

AEfx

You're speaking in riddles! What is this common sense you use?

epcotpalms

Write them people! Let them know that not all guest feedback wants more cookie cutter shops and chain restaurants! You need to keep this going or nothing will happen!

Walt Disney World Guest Communications
PO Box 10040
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-0040

wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

Mr. Robert Iger
Chief Executive Officer
The Walt Disney Company
500 South Buena Vista Street
Burbank, CA 91521-4873

Mr. James A. Rasulo
Chairman
Walt Disney Parks & Resorts
500 South Buena Vista Street
Burbank, CA 91521-4873

Meg Crofton
President
The Walt Disney World Resort
PO Box 10040
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

Al Weiss
President
Worldwide Operations
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts
PO Box 10000
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

DavidTheGreat

Sad Day

It's even more sad that just because a few people are not for that kind of thing, the people who do enjoy a night out on the town have to suffer. It doesn't make sense to me as the place is structured such that one can simply go around it. I can recall many times seeing parents and their kids dancing outside to the music. Disney should continue to offer these diverse types of entertainment to all of its patrons, not just cave in to the complaints of a few.

Maybe PI was not bringing in as much revenue as hoped... It will all be missed.

disneymyway

Maybe PI was not bringing in as much revenue as hoped... It will all be missed.

From everything I've read it was doing just fine. I read that the location was weird because it was sandwiched in between 2 family friendly sections, the Marketplace and DTD.

This is just a guess, but for what it is worth I think they are for some reason trying to get rid of the stuff that is less family friendly. I think they will fill PI with restaurants that kids are welcome in and 5,000 more places to buy tshirts.

I wrote a blog article about something that happened to my daughter on the dance floor at Mannequins. A guy that was trying to dance with her got dragged out of the club. She wasn't into dancing with him but he wasn't touching her or anything and she really wasn't all that bothered, but Disney security really went nuts. I think that WDW is tired of having to deal with security and does not like dealing with things that can become "messy" like drunk people and other club situations. That's why they close the bars so early on the property. Just try to get a drink at midnight at the resorts (unless it's room service).

palmage

From everything I've read it was doing just fine. I read that the location was weird because it was sandwiched in between 2 family friendly sections, the Marketplace and DTD.

This is just a guess, but for what it is worth I think they are for some reason trying to get rid of the stuff that is less family friendly. I think they will fill PI with restaurants that kids are welcome in and 5,000 more places to buy tshirts.

I wrote a blog article about something that happened to my daughter on the dance floor at Mannequins. A guy that was trying to dance with her got dragged out of the club. She wasn't into dancing with him but he wasn't touching her or anything and she really wasn't all that bothered, but Disney security really went nuts. I think that WDW is tired of having to deal with security and does not like dealing with things that can become "messy" like drunk people and other club situations. That's why they close the bars so early on the property. Just try to get a drink at midnight at the resorts (unless it's room service).

Oh goody, we'll have Branson in Florida :hurl:
Maybe Andy Williams and Pat Boone can open a dinner theatre.

wdwfan100

I guess I will have to bring plenty of beer and stock the fridge. Cocktails in my room after bar closing everyone. :ROFLOL::):ROFLOL:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom