Save the Adventurers Club

Master Gracey

Original Poster
So, I have heard two new rumors that I hope someone may be able to shed some light on. 1) I heard from an Adventurer that conventions may be extended beyond the Congaloosh and into 2010. And 2) there have been sightings of workers retiling the Adventurers Club roof! Is there anyone out there who may have more info on these items?

Some days you eat the mouse.
Some days the mouse eats you.
But never give into the mouse without a fight!

KUNGALOOSH!

Scooter

So, I have heard two new rumors that I hope someone may be able to shed some light on. 1) I heard from an Adventurer that conventions may be extended beyond the Congaloosh and into 2010. And 2) there have been sightings of workers retiling the Adventurers Club roof! Is there anyone out there who may have more info on these items?

I believe the convention rumors. Disney knows that if a bunch of people are willing to pay $200 to relive the past for 4 hours when the economy is in a slump, then it's certainly to their advantage to keep the AC open until such a time as they find a business or corporation to take over the AC building.
As far as the roof is concerned, again...the building is not being utilized so it's best to keep it in good shape for now, so the AC fans can enjoy the place before it's turned into a shop, or restaurant, or something the majority of WDW guests would consider worth stopping in for.

CaptainMichael

We're good until the buildings at Mystic Point are completed.

Lee

Adventurer
Then our mission is clear....we must stop Mystic Point at all costs!
violent-smiley-1391.gif

(Sure it'll be tricky...but more exciting than just chaining myself to the Club's front door.)

CaptainMichael

Then our mission is clear....we must stop Mystic Point at all costs!
violent-smiley-1391.gif

(Sure it'll be tricky...but more exciting than just chaining myself to the Club's front door.)

Mystic Point makes me all tingly inside though. I want it here :(

Imagine, a whole Adventurers Club land...that's basically what it is IMO. So cool.

71jason

Sadly, I wouldn't count on that. According to one former CM, one of the two Colonels is already on the way to Hong Kong. And multiple sources said artifacts leaving in October.

Of course, the Save PI blog has a new rumor saying the Club will re-open January 1. So who really knows?

BTW, re: the roof. Haven't been out to PI this week, but keep in mind as long as there is a liquor license for a space, it is open to State inspection, even if not being regularly used. Both BET and AC still have active licenses.

Lee

Adventurer
Sadly, I wouldn't count on that. According to one former CM, one of the two Colonels is already on the way to Hong Kong. And multiple sources said artifacts leaving in October.

Of course, the Save PI blog has a new rumor saying the Club will re-open January 1. So who really knows?

BTW, re: the roof. Haven't been out to PI this week, but keep in mind as long as there is a liquor license for a space, it is open to State inspection, even if not being regularly used. Both BET and AC still have active licenses.

Huh. Never knew there were two Colonels....

Roof: Back in May I saw workers with clipboards behind the Club checking out the roof area. Means.....:shrug:

SoccerMickey

Some days you eat the mouse.
Some days the mouse eats you.
But never give into the mouse without a fight!

KUNGALOOSH!

A man who works part-time at a Disney Store has been trying since the beginning of this year to book the Adventurers Club for his wedding reception for this coming November and they told him that they are still not taking bookings. He calls every week for it and he even told them he is flexible with dates and days of the week just to make it work but they are still not booking it for him.
I talked to someone who talked to Blondie who said that he had to go into the Club for a private function to do the Colonel and when he got back there there was a tag on him, the Colonel, not Blondie, saying to be shipped to Hong Kong. Which really drove it home for him that the club's days were numbered.
I've held out to be optimistic for a long time that the club was going to re-open but it seems that the writing is on the walls. (Literally in some cases.)

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
hmmm... if the club moves to Hong Kong....

I guess its time for me to learn Cantonese.

Lee

Adventurer
All the Chinese I know I learned from Firefly.:lol:

Like:
"Da-shiong bao-jah-shr duh la-doo-tze!"
(Explosive diarrhea of an elephant)

hwdelien

I was there on Friday 9/11/09. Saw a man working on one of the posts on the PI side of the bridge, but nothing happening at AC.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom