Save the Adventurers Club

CaptainMichael

I'm now incredibly worried. As crazy as it sounds, I really thought we were going to get the club back...and now I just don't know.

*temporarily lifting my self-imposed gag order*

There's no reason why both resorts cannot have this. I really don't feel like traveling to HK to experience something I used to be able to experience 9 hours away in Orlando. It allegedly doesn't work in Orlando but it will work in a struggling HK park? So frustrating!

PeeplMoovr

Good to hear there's still hope for the Club. Anyone have any updates on how the inside's lookin' lately? Anything removed or such?

Looks pretty much the same. Props have been turned off for special events I've seen in there, and hydraulics for the bar stools are no longer working or have been disconnected (so I was told by a current bartender who does AC special events). Otherwise, I thought it looked the same.

SirGoofy

Looks pretty much the same. Props have been turned off for special events I've seen in there, and hydraulics for the bar stools are no longer working or have been disconnected (so I was told by a current bartender who does AC special events). Otherwise, I thought it looked the same.

Thanks for the report!:wave:

dxwwf3

Is anyone else excited that HK is getting two seemingly original attractions? Two major attractions that have no pre-existing character attachments. I didn't know WDI was allowed to do those anymore :)

SirGoofy

Is anyone else excited that HK is getting two seemingly original attractions? Two major attractions that have no pre-existing character attachments. I didn't know WDI was allowed to do those anymore :)

Grizzly Mountain sounds so spectacular. I think I may have to do that Asian trip I've been planning once it's done and hit up HKDL/TDR.

dxwwf3

Grizzly Mountain sounds so spectacular. I think I may have to do that Asian trip I've been planning once it's done and hit up HKDL/TDR.

Not to mention a trackless Haunted Mansion/Disney Sea Tower of Terror blend. This has to be very exciting for those who plan on visiting the park in the future.

SirGoofy

Not to mention a trackless Haunted Mansion/Disney Sea Tower of Terror blend. This has to be very exciting for those who plan on visiting the park in the future.

Yea. I think my favorite thing is, these lands seem like they will be uber-themed. Grizzly Trail is actually really similar to an idea I had for a Frontierland in a Disneyland style park. I'm happy to know my ideas are good ones.:lol:

I'm least excited about the news with Toy Story. I feel like it doesn't belong in a Disneyland style park, but I can deal.

jt04

Yea. I think my favorite thing is, these lands seem like they will be uber-themed. Grizzly Trail is actually really similar to an idea I had for a Frontierland in a Disneyland style park. I'm happy to know my ideas are good ones.:lol:

I'm least excited about the news with Toy Story. I feel like it doesn't belong in a Disneyland style park, but I can deal.

And people say WDI has "lost it". :ROFLOL:

Lee

Adventurer
Yeah, the Toy Story land is a little iffy for me.
The coaster for sure. A lightly themed shuttle coaster? A Disc O?
Kinda weak compared to the Haunted Honey Hunt next door.

SirGoofy

Yeah, the Toy Story land is a little iffy for me.
The coaster for sure. A lightly themed shuttle coaster? A Disc O?
Kinda weak compared to the Haunted Honey Hunt next door.

Wait...Mystic Manor is trackless!?

*Has a fanboy squeel moment*

Yes...I will be going to Hong Kong once this is done.

Lee

Adventurer
Wait...Mystic Manor is trackless!?
*Has a fanboy squeel moment*
Yes...I will be going to Hong Kong once this is done.
Yep. Looks like.
Inside Mystic Manor, a trackless ride system enables vehicles to move “freely” about the attraction as the story unfolds. Audio-Animatronic® figures and special visual and audio effects help tell the story of mystical phenomena.

"strange things are afoot as an enchanted music box releases its magical
powers, thanks to a mischievous monkey."

Looks Like we know where Marcel ended up.

Buried20KLeague

And people say WDI has "lost it". :ROFLOL:

It's CONCEPT ART. I don't think anyone has said they've lost the ability to draw cool pictures.

The proof will be in the pudding. The final product. How much will budgets and other influences effect the end result?

And... I don't think everyone thinks WDI can't still put out a great product. I think many (including me) think too many people stand in the way of the creatives. To a certain degree, it's not their fault.

I will say though... If it's not done right and extravagently, it'll stick out like a sore thumb. While HKDL is so small right now it's sickening, I would have to admit that it was one of the most beautiful parks I've ever seen.

So maybe that alone will keep the quality up... So there's not a dividing line between phase 1 and phase 2.

SirGoofy

It's CONCEPT ART. I don't think anyone has said they've lost the ability to draw cool pictures.

The proof will be in the pudding. The final product. How much will budgets and other influences effect the end result?

And... I don't think everyone thinks WDI can't still put out a great product. I think many (including me) think too many people stand in the way of the creatives. To a certain degree, it's not their fault.

I will say though... If it's not done right and extravagently, it'll stick out like a sore thumb. While HKDL is so small right now it's sickening, I would have to admit that it was one of the most beautiful parks I've ever seen.

So maybe that alone will keep the quality up... So there's not a dividing line between phase 1 and phase 2.

Agreed. WDI has the ability to put out a great product. It's the eban counters that slash the product that I have a problem with.

And I have to agree that HKDL looks beautiful Their Jungle Cruise looks spectacular, minus the ending.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom