Save the Adventurers Club

Lee

Adventurer
Should be easy to find out.
Look up the item, see who winning bidder was, then contact them through eBay.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I guess you could wait to see it the buyer leaves the seller any feedback. Then you would know who they are. :lookaroun

PhotoDave219

Think about it for a second.

You spends hundreds of dollars on an auction and then the losing people contact you wanting you to xerox the thing you just spent money on and give it to the losing people?

Yeah, I'd hit "delete" on your email too.

CaptainMichael

There are some interesting rumors floating around that should come to fruition soon. *fingers crossed*

I was just thinking that an Up-inspired attraction in the club during the day could be successful, but I'd be afraid that if it were popular, it would take over the club entirely. They could recreate the house from Up and make it the entrance to the baloon ride and call it the "Junior Adventurers Club". It could be a walk through/play place.

Jasonflz

There are some interesting rumors floating around that should come to fruition soon. *fingers crossed*

I was just thinking that an Up-inspired attraction in the club during the day could be successful, but I'd be afraid that if it were popular, it would take over the club entirely. They could recreate the house from Up and make it the entrance to the baloon ride and call it the "Junior Adventurers Club". It could be a walk through/play place.

:eek: Now that would be a cool way too promote a Pixar movie without getting rid of anything. Imagine how succesful a children's Adventurer's club could be. Parents drop their kids off and go have a good time next door while the kids get to be adventurers.

Lee

Adventurer
Think about it for a second.
You spends hundreds of dollars on an auction and then the losing people contact you wanting you to xerox the thing you just spent money on and give it to the losing people?
Yeah, I'd hit "delete" on your email too.
Not exactly.
Us "losers" would pay the winner a reasonable fee for copies.
That way the winner would have the original stuff, we would have copies, and the winner would recoup a bunch or their costs.
Win-win situation as I see it.
:D

OddDuck

Not exactly.
That way the winner would have the original stuff, we would have copies, and the winner would recoup a bunch or their costs.

Not quite "win-win", as once the copies were out on the market, there would be no control over how many additional copies they would generate, or even worst (from a collector standpoint) someone would post a copy free on the internet. This would effectively eliminate any potential value assigned to the original. There is also the issue of copywrite infringement, as the owner of the script didn't purchase the distribution rights to the document from Disney.

Though I would love to see a copy of the script, I think the buyer will keep it under lock and key.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Not quite "win-win", as once the copies were out on the market, there would be no control over how many additional copies they would generate, or even worst (from a collector standpoint) someone would post a copy free on the internet. This would effectively eliminate any potential value assigned to the original. There is also the issue of copywrite infringement, as the owner of the script didn't purchase the distribution rights to the document from Disney.

Though I would love to see a copy of the script, I think the buyer will keep it under lock and key.
Not really. Someone wanting the original will not settle for a copy. Those wanting a copy will generally not pay the price for the original. For example right now an original Revenge of the Jedi poster still goes for $300 minimum even though there are very good reproductions available for less than $20. There is just something special about having the real thing.

PhotoDave219

Not exactly.

I never called you guys "losers".... You know I went to that club hundreds of times.

I appreciate the moxie and the sheer ballsiness of the move but if i paid $300 for a script, 1 - I wouldn't be allowed back in the house and 2 - i wouldn't copy it for someone.

sakraft1

and 2 - i wouldn't copy it for someone.

I would spread the love. Dissemination of club materials is one way to show the brass there really still is intense interest in the club. Besides, if Disney wants more profits from the club, they should re-open it! But I guess it takes all kinds...

PhotoDave219

I would spread the love. Dissemination of club materials is one way to show the brass there really still is intense interest in the club. Besides, if Disney wants more profits from the club, they should re-open it! But I guess it takes all kinds...

Good for you. Now spread the love towards my credit card bill and my rent....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom