Save the Adventurers Club

wvdisneyfamily

You know a real serious Adventurer's Club fan could always devote his life to making his own club. Make a similar kind of thing. Club with a 1930's adventure atmosphere, and have their own characters & such. I'd be tough, but I bet you could make a good business of it in the right place in Orlando.
:shrug:

"You're so right."

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
You know a real serious Adventurer's Club fan could always devote his life to making his own club. Make a similar kind of thing. Club with a 1930's adventure atmosphere, and have their own characters & such. I'd be tough, but I bet you could make a good business of it in the right place in Orlando.
ok... now all I have to do is formulate a business plan, get financial backing, hammer down the creative details, and open up shop.

During a depression.

meh... I'll let Disney do it.

EpcotServo

ok... now all I have to do is formulate a business plan, get financial backing, hammer down the creative details, and open up shop.

During a depression.

meh... I'll let Disney do it.

I didn't say it'd be easy, but it is possible. And that chance is good enough for someone who isn't like me, someone who is smart and devoted.
:lol:

CaptainMichael

Don't think the thought hasn't and doesn't continue to still cross my mind.

There's a little problem called $$$. I could tell Santa that all I want for Christmas is "Cash, cash, cash!" However, I don't think he'll bring enough.

I do know where to find a bunch of talented actors though.

EpcotServo

Don't think the thought hasn't and doesn't continue to still cross my mind.

There's a little problem called $$$. I could tell Santa that all I want for Christmas is "Cash, cash, cash!" However, I don't think he'll bring enough.

I do know where to find a bunch of talented actors though.

*walks out of bank*

ME:You're not gonna' regret this Ray.

:lol:

hemloc

Already thought of this... Toying with the idea of reopening and reinventing the Jules Verne room in Fort Lauderdale. Already have the mermaids, dancers, contractors and SFX lined up if it goes ahead. Imagine the Mai-Kai(If you live in South Florida, you must've been there at some point?) meets Adventurer's Club with a Jules Verne theme, and you can get an idea of where this is going. And no, it ain't gonna be cheap, lol...

EpcotServo

Already thought of this... Toying with the idea of reopening and reinventing the Jules Verne room in Fort Lauderdale. Already have the mermaids, dancers, contractors and SFX lined up if it goes ahead. Imagine the Mai-Kai(If you live in South Florida, you must've been there at some point?) meets Adventurer's Club with a Jules Verne theme, and you can get an idea of where this is going. And no, it ain't gonna be cheap, lol...

Sounds cool! Good luck!
:D

hemloc

Sounds cool! Good luck!
:D

Oh, and did I mention frikkin' mermaids :eek:??? Although, logistically, they are a nightmare. At Weeki Wachee the water is clean but COLD which limits their performances. In a chlorinated pool, the chlorine kills their eyes, thus limiting their performances. This is my dilemna:(...

Oh, and there will be fire, belly dancing, Tiki Gods, scuba divers, booze, eccentric submarine captains, comedy, and more fire:)!!!

Hurricane

Ozone treatment for the pool sounds in order. I think it could be done but the location would be key. I hope it works out (especially if it happens in FLL).

hemloc

Ozone treatment for the pool sounds in order. I think it could be done but the location would be key. I hope it works out (especially if it happens in FLL).

Thought about that, actually. I've heard mixed reviews about it's effectiveness, though. It would be a custom built tank, so never say never:).

In the meantime, you can get your mermaid fix during Friday Happy Hours at The Wreck bar at the Yankee Clipper on A1A(Shameless plug, lol!)!!!

Scooter

Based on the closing of the AC alone, I can safely say that I won't be returning to WDW any time soon. I'll suffer during a 8.5 hour flight to DLR rather than a quick 3 hour flight to WDW just because of this.

I admire your spirit, but if your trip to WDW was solely based on one nights experiance in PI, perhaps WDW isn't the place for you anyway.

Pleasure Island and Downtown Disney and AC were built to be just a part of the Disney Experiance, not the whole vacation.

CaptainMichael

I admire your spirit, but if your trip to WDW was solely based on one nights experiance in PI, perhaps WDW isn't the place for you anyway.

Pleasure Island and Downtown Disney and AC were built to be just a part of the Disney Experiance, not the whole vacation.

He said he'd rather go to Disneyland instead of WDW, so he still wants the "Disney Experience" just from Disneyland.

Scooter

He said he'd rather go to Disneyland instead of WDW, so he still wants the "Disney Experience" just from Disneyland.

I think I understood what he said.
He would rather forgo a trip to WDW in Orlando which offers great options such as Animal Kingdom and EPCOT Center and Disney's Hollywood Studios just because the Adventurers Club is closed and instead opt for a trip to Disneyland.

Not sure I agree but I get it.
It's cool

dxwwf3

I do think that the best way for AC (and PI) fans to show their displeasure over this move is to do what Str8Fan is planning on doing: not spending money in the new section of Downtown Disney once completed. If you want to get back at Disney, cut back on spending. I'm personally not a huge PI fan, but I will certainly miss the AC. Some might find it childish to "boycott" after the club is gone, but I think that if these changes aren't successful, then maybe Disney will think twice about similar moves in the future.

csm

Hey I'd much rather go to Disneyland than any WDW park. I've always felt that way. Mind you I said Disneyland, not DCA. Bleh.

Disneyland is an amazing place, and surely meaning no disrespect in this assumption, but I've found in my expeirence that more times than not people that down Disneyland compared to WDW simply have not been there.

Again, this is STRICTLY talking about Disneyland Park, not the Resort as a whole. Disneyland PARK is an all-around better experience than any theme park at Walt Disney World, with or without PI.

Mr.EPCOT

Great idea to not spend any money in the new venues at Pleasure Island. Additionally, I hope that sales at Harley-Davidson, Raglan Road, Curl, etc. plummet now that the clubs are closed and there will be barely any patronage on the Island, so that hopefully they will come after Disney for putting them in that situation.

Brwneyedgirl72

Sounds like a good idea to me - the Mai Kai is looking very tired and could use some TLC. I'd would love to see that happen!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom