Save Goofy’s Liberate Your Appetite Character Dinner

kcw

hey disnyfan-

just thought you'd be glad to hear this- there was a flier printed out with the link to the petition and posted in the AK parade building... I didn't see them at any of the other parks' bases (and not even in the LTT character's break room!) though.....

granted, you might have been the one to make the flier and just asked someone to post it for ya :shrug:

disnyfan89

Original Poster
hey disnyfan-

just thought you'd be glad to hear this- there was a flier printed out with the link to the petition and posted in the AK parade building... I didn't see them at any of the other parks' bases (and not even in the LTT character's break room!) though.....

granted, you might have been the one to make the flier and just asked someone to post it for ya

Thats awsome news. Thank you to who ever posted that list!

burninup4nick

Just signed it for myself and my Grandma so hope it works!!! Ive never eaten there but we were looking forward to making the time to do it someday....hopefully it will stick around!!! :)

sweetpee_1993

I got in touch with a friend of mine who is a server/CM at LTT. He is always so enthusiastic and goes on and on about how he loves his job because they all have so much fun there. Well, I asked him what the posibility might be that the powers-that-be would change their mind and leave the characters in place. He said the head of food and beverage told him personally that the guests do NOT want the characters. :fork: According to my friend, he says the only way things change is if guests complain, make contact, and it becomes known that the wrong thing is being done. He said already reservations have plummeted so hopefully someone somewhere will take note. Also, he will be getting me the name of the person(s) to forward correspondence to. I'll let y'all know when I have the name. My friend is very upset as is all the other CMs at LTT. He was very curious what I thought. He was happy to know that no, it's not the guests who want the characters to go away. :D

BigRedDad

I just signed.

From what I have heard and read, they are eliminating all Character Dinners. This way they can increase cost and reservations for Character Breakfasts and Lunches.

slappy magoo

I just signed.

From what I have heard and read, they are eliminating all Character Dinners. This way they can increase cost and reservations for Character Breakfasts and Lunches.

Hadn't heard that at all. The rock-and-a-hard-place with Disney dining is that they can't accommodate everyone, so losing characters makes it more likely people will eat and leave faster, so they can turn tables over and bring in more guests to dine. The flip side is, one of the reasons certain restaurants were as popular as they have been (and they've been able to charge so much) is because of the characters. Without them, will people go eat elsewhere? Just do counter-service? Go to Chef Mickey's or 1900 Park Fare? Go OFFSITE? :eek: People were paying for a unique opportunity to interact with characters with a minimum amount of fuss, without having to wait on line for hours that could be spent on attractions.

Reminds me of the time they decided to stop early morning hours for resort guests, in exchange for having characters come to the resorts throughout the week. Sure, it saved money, until the resorts started having more and more empty rooms, as people decided without the early morning hours, paying for a room on property wasn't as worthwhile. Which is why we have morning AND evening Extra Magic Hours now. I suspect, to a lesser degree, dropping the number of character meals will have a similar effect. I also suspect the solution will eventually be more character meals, but at different locations, more resort restaurants to get people out of the parks for a short time, improving flow but still keeping people on-property.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom