Rumors from the Boat Captain

devoy1701

I, too, believe that I heard that somewhere. It was probably on the Backlot tour towards the end when the different facades are visible.

not to film....just to make the name of The Streets of America more accurate...right now it only has NY and San Franciso...East Coast, West Coast...with Chicago it will represent the center of the US too...it's just to add to the atmosphere and make for good pictures. Though they've been adding Chicago to the street now since my Dec 2006 trip....

Laura

Premium Member
3. WDW has completed plans on the next park, the long awaited Villians coaster park which will be located between MK and DAK. It will be built and the land has already been chosen, plotted, and the plans for 26 attractions created.

I would have burst out laughing. :lol:

PhilharMagician

WDW has completed plans on the next park, the long awaited Villians coaster park which will be located between MK and DAK. It will be built and the land has already been chosen, plotted, and the plans for 26 attractions created.

Isn't that just about where the WDW sewage teatment plant is located. That would make for a great theme park.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Original Poster
I would have burst out laughing. :lol:

Most of the time I just smiled and acted suprise. Twhat was funny was when he said there used to be a wave generating machine on the island adjacent to the Poly. He also said that the Grand Floridian was built after Wilderness Lodge. I'm not sure that is correct.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Most of the time I just smiled and acted suprise. Twhat was funny was when he said there used to be a wave generating machine on the island adjacent to the Poly. He also said that the Grand Floridian was built after Wilderness Lodge. I'm not sure that is correct.
It has always been my understanding that there was a wave machine across from the Poly. It was turned off shortly after the resort opened due to erosion concerns. GF was opened in 88 and WL opened in 94 so he/she was wrong there.

MKCP 1985

You think you might be able to narrow it down a little bit?

okay. :)

I am suggesting that this thread was probably started as a joke, just as the one I linked was started by the same person (with accomplices) as a joke.

Paul knows good and well about the wave machine on the island and he knows the chronology of when the various resorts were built - those were thrown into this discussion by him to make the false rumors seem credible.

It is about as likely that there was a boat captain who said all of those things to hakunamatata as there was an Imagineer named Jon who was heard speaking on his cellphone about the Harry Potter land coming to the Magic Kingdom.

:shrug:

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Original Poster
Actually this thread was not started as a joke. The three things noted in the first post were actual things the boat captain said. The comment about the wave machine was also a series comment as I actually have never heard of that before. I had my suspicions about the construction order of the resorts but was not sure.

Unlike the Everest thread, which I am honored is remembered after all this time, this thread was not intended in the same manner...

Off to DHS for lunch at 50s and to check out the wait times at TSM....

jestrfyl

As a group ...

...Boat captains anywhere are not known for being the most reliable sources of information. But they ARE usually very imaginative, so that makes what they say all the more fun.:lol:

Jab1820

I am a new member to the forum. While at the GF in January, I saw several empty dump trucks going into a cleared area just down from the GF parking lot. Could this be proof that #3 is in progress?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom