Rumors from the Boat Captain

NewfieFan

captain_mad.gif

Arr, there be a monorail expansion too...

:ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

Thanks it has been a while since I laughed out loud!!!

WDWRLD

Mabey they will install one of those roller coaster things like at TL......it could be called Flush-N-Gusher.....

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Eye patches to be compulsory, air boats and hover craft to replace buses, showgirls and gambling on the Liberty Square Riverboat.

New High School Musical Based inverted triple looping coaster so now its not just the music that makes you feel sick.

s8film40

No Mark IVs are burried there. However, 11 or 12 20k subs are.

Just curious how do you know that none of the Mark IV's were buried there? I know someone who saw them there firsthand but I have never been able to find any information to confirm whether they were buried there or moved. I know that two went to Las Vegas two were stored in the Disney Kissimmee warehouse and many were sent to Scrap-All in Tampa. I would be interested in finding out where they all went. Last time I saw the 20K subs they were in the Pluto Parking lot, since they have been moved from there I know they did save at least some of them.

JWG

Full elimination of the monorail system and installation of a subway system.

Anyway, that's what I heard from the guy who asks me for change on the street corner each day. Seemed pretty sure of it...

Not a knock on the original poster who clearly knew it was suspect...

Aurora_25

What my DH Paul forgot to mention is that this same boat captain (or whatever they are called) said that the reason they stopped using the wave machine is because it moved the whole island......:lookaroun No, seriously, that's what he said. Sounded a little strange to me, but whatever
He also said that Fort Wilderness was done before Wilderness Lodge and that Wilderness Lodge was done before the Grand Floridian- and that a monorail was supposed to run through the Wilderness Lodge and that is why their windows in the back are the way they are because near the end of building it, they decided not to put the monorail through and the builder had to figure out how to "fix" it.

WildLodgeFan

What my DH Paul forgot to mention is that this same boat captain (or whatever they are called) said that the reason they stopped using the wave machine is because it moved the whole island......:lookaroun No, seriously, that's what he said. Sounded a little strange to me, but whatever
He also said that Fort Wilderness was done before Wilderness Lodge and that Wilderness Lodge was done before the Grand Floridian- and that a monorail was supposed to run through the Wilderness Lodge and that is why their windows in the back are the way they are because near the end of building it, they decided not to put the monorail through and the builder had to figure out how to "fix" it.

WL was done after the Grand Floridian.

Evo

We took a firworks cruise last night from the Contemporary. During the cruise, the following rumors were relayed as facts by the boat captain. Please take them for what they are worth.....please dont shoot the messanger.

1. The Contemporary construction scheduled to open Memorial Day 2009 will not initially have any DVC units. These will be added later.

2. WDW is in the process of changing out all their busses to Hydrogen fueled vs. diesel fueled. Should be completed by 2010. They already have 11 buses in their fleet powered by hydrogen.

3. WDW has completed plans on the next park, the long awaited Villians coaster park which will be located between MK and DAK. It will be built and the land has already been chosen, plotted, and the plans for 26 attractions created.

Enjoy!
A Park themed on Villians? I don't think that would make a good park..

Ev

PhilharMagician

Ft wilderness opened in 1971 along with the Poly and Contemporary.

The Grand Floridian opened in 1988 and the Wilderness lodge opened in 1994, so he must have been confused.

My understanding is that the wave machine was working in 1971 when he Poly opened and was shut down shortly after because of severe erosion on the beach at the Poly. The wave machine was located next to Beachcomber Island. Parts of the system are still located under water.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom