Rumors from the Boat Captain

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Original Poster
We took a firworks cruise last night from the Contemporary. During the cruise, the following rumors were relayed as facts by the boat captain. Please take them for what they are worth.....please dont shoot the messanger.

1. The Contemporary construction scheduled to open Memorial Day 2009 will not initially have any DVC units. These will be added later.

2. WDW is in the process of changing out all their busses to Hydrogen fueled vs. diesel fueled. Should be completed by 2010. They already have 11 buses in their fleet powered by hydrogen.

3. WDW has completed plans on the next park, the long awaited Villians coaster park which will be located between MK and DAK. It will be built and the land has already been chosen, plotted, and the plans for 26 attractions created.

Enjoy!

Kelsybelle

We took a firworks cruise last night from the Contemporary. During the cruise, the following rumors were relayed as facts by the boat captain. Please take them for what they are worth.....please dont shoot the messanger.

1. The Contemporary construction scheduled to open Memorial Day 2009 will not initially have any DVC units. These will be added later.

2. WDW is in the process of changing out all their busses to Hydrogen fueled vs. diesel fueled. Should be completed by 2010. They already have 11 buses in their fleet powered by hydrogen.

3. WDW has completed plans on the next park, the long awaited Villians coaster park which will be located between MK and DAK. It will be built and the land has already been chosen, plotted, and the plans for 26 attractions created.

Enjoy!

I would love if it all those things happen! Just have to wait and see, thanks for sharing! :wave:

Philo

They all sound plausable but I'm not going to read anything into it (although the second one could be accurate?).

djkidkaz

I had a bus driver who told the patrons that the MK opened exactly to the day of Walts death. Everyone kinda gasped and I just sat there thinking :rolleyes:

jt04

1. I can believe this rumor
2. I know they are testing some new technology but I am not sure they are hydrogen (anyone confirm) I think they are Natural Gas.
3. Yeah right :rolleyes:

WeLComeHomE OKW

ummmm...i love boat captains, but...

no. everything is false. they are moving to hybrid buses, eventually. but, not hydrogen. (i wish) The new Contemporary resort is being BUILT as a DVC resort. It will not be "added" later. And, 26 rides at opening? What, are they miracles workers? LOL

I guess these rumors are entertaining, I'll give him that.

luckyeye13

There is some truth to this one, although I don't know if the buses that are currently converted are on hydrogen fuel or bio fuel. (I believe that bio fuel may be the more accurate one.) If you look at the front windshield of some of the buses, you will see something to the effect of "Use Lane #6 Only" and the words "Test Fuel Only" will be written on the side where the gas tank is. As for the future conversion of the buses, I will wait until Disney officially announces something as anything else would be speculating.

Hurricane

I thought they already filed the declaration of condominium for the Kingdom Tower which would be a pretty big first step to opening as a DVC.

I don't doubt that there are plans for a fifth gate (and a sixth and a seventh for that matter) but I do doubt that funding will come on line in the near future.

redkoala245

Thanks for all that great information from the boat captain. :) Some CMs like too share some secrets I have seen. Which is great. When is the new park going to be completed? So I guess this is not a joke then.

landauh

Number 1 is wrong. The new suites were always planned for DVC.

Number 2 is possible, but they are testing numerous different alternate fuel busses to determine which one will best serve their needs. One option is bio-diesel with a plant to convert used vegetable oil (fries, etc.) on property.

Number 3 is a wish.

WDW Monorail

Certainly not Hydrogen buses. But they have tested Hybrids.

Seems like another person that doesn't know the gaping difference between Hydrogen and Hybrid.

gsimpson

There was a news blurb in the Sentinel a few months ago (shortly before Christmas I believe) that was about the employee shuttle buses that Busch was using that are hydrogen (and I am quite aware of the difference between hydrogen and hybrid thank you, having driven a GM EV1 fully electric vehicle for 5 years I tend to pay close attention to these things) and toward the end of the article it somewhat off handedly mentioned that Disney was going to be the next test site to get hydrogen buses, so there could well be some truth to that rumor. Since the Contemporary seems to be one of the quickest hotels to sell out, and since it is also a "business" hotel with convention space as well as a resort hotel, it is possible that they are going to set aside some floors for some non-DVC rooms. Of course since they have no compunction about renting out unused DVC rooms anyway I don't see why they would bother. The third park seems a bit unlikely right now, I would think Disney has to be concerned about the current economic slow down, even with their ability to draw from the international market. If they have already designed the park, it could very well have 26 attractions on the drawing board, after all they typically design multiple phases up front plus you have the bean counters always come through and chop things as the project moves through its various phases. If the planning is in the early stages I have no doubt that there are 26 attractions on WDI's wish list, to me that is just another indicator that this project is not very close at hand yet and the forces of small mediocre parks hasn't had their turn at the blueprints yet.

Nice rumors, keep up the work captains and bus drivers.

p.s. Since the bus service is reportedly slowing down does that mean the driver driven rumor mills will also be slowing down?

WDWRLD

I know thay have been testing Hybrids. I dont know if they will be the bio deisel type or the gas/diesel engine with batteries. I would doubt Hydrogen will be used as it still has MANY flaws and is still dangerous. If you have ever seen a hydrogen car it is covered with warning stickers on the body and many warning sensors and alarms as when the hydrogen burns the only thing you see is the vapor cloud. I would like to see the number of gallons of diesel burned a day and a number of gallons of cooking oil used each day to compare the numbers.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom