Rumor no more(well...kinda) WAND COMING DOWN!!

BuzzComplexCM

Sounds like someone is pulling your leg. I remember when I worked in T-Land some other CM's and I would make up phony rumors just to see how the guests would react. And wouldn't you know it, as soon as we get home and look at this website it would be all over the place! LOL

I notice so many of you bad mouth CM's when it comes to rumors/news about the parks and anything else associated with the World; if you are so quick to shoot down everything a CM tells you regarding future park projects, why bother to ask in the first place?

Did it ever occur to anyone that the information we the CM's hear/heard came from the mouths of the area management, newsletters, Cast websites, etc? And even then it is subject to change. More often than not there are many ideas that Disney throws around and never go further than the drawing board.

Just because a CM says it will happen and then it doesn't does not mean that they were "wrong." I honestly think if it weren't for thr CM's sharing what information they know or heard, there would be a lot less activity on these message boards.

Now granted, obviously this EPCOT monorail thing is very far fetched. I would question where this CM may have heard this from considering they did not need to something like this when the 2000 sign went up.

Magic

same thing

I heard the same thing on Saturday from a CM and ofcourse that doesn't validate the rumor. Infact, the rumor I heard said it could happen as early as Monday which is today. I have a feeling the wand will come down this year, but who knows when.

Kingdom WDW

I disagree:

I'd venture to say that a vast majority of CMs have no idea whether or not the wand is staying or going.:shrug:

Majority of people couldn't care less.:snore:

Which is dead and buried, and therefore irrelevant.:rolleyes:

I can still call it the EPCOT Center, right?
Come on, I'm a Disney Purist here... and that's WALT Disney World to you. :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL:

TomDisney

The saying "Nature abhors a vacuum" works so well with this rumor/thread.

Has anyone noticed that since Universal announced bringing in Harry Potter, thereby putting an end to all those rumors, that the wand demolition rumors have increased??

Makes you wonder what will happen if they ever do bring that thing down...what will people make up rumors about next! :ROFLOL: :hammer:

Kingdom WDW

Disney buying Universal?:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I heard they're going to take down the wand and put Stitch climbing up the side:D :D :D :D

Well, if there are more rumours about it, it probably means it will happen sooner or later, so let's rest it at: Disney's gonna take it down sometime.

In the meantime, I'm grabbin' my pickaxe and TNT and let's blow this baby up!

Now, about the sorcerer hat...

OWDA-Obnoxious Wienie Demolition Authority :D :D

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member

Has anyone noticed that since Universal announced bringing in Harry Potter, thereby putting an end to all those rumors, that the wand demolition rumors have increased??

Makes you wonder what will happen if they ever do bring that thing down...what will people make up rumors about next! :ROFLOL: :hammer:
They will probably just go back to the tried and true 5th gate, monorail expansion and Disney is buying land in *insert city here* so they must be building a theme park there rumors.

Testtrack321

THE HAT!

DFD111

There is no need to shut down the monorail for the construction. The only reason why they would need to interupt service to the monorail would be to allow a crane in for the removal of the wand. They would just need to remove one section of beam for that. The monorail sits far enough back from the wand/SSE. This picture will show how much room there is between the monorail and everything.

http://www.disneypix.com/2000ft/Roll2/Roll02_025.htm

Now, not to be a rumor killer, but did the CM also mention the monorail expansion to AK and to DTD. Or did he make mention of the new Friendship waterway that will be connecting Epcot/MGM and the Magic Kingdom to do away with the busses. :lol:

dizpins14

Sounds like someone is pulling your leg. I remember when I worked in T-Land some other CM's and I would make up phony rumors just to see how the guests would react. And wouldn't you know it, as soon as we get home and look at this website it would be all over the place! LOL.

Some of the CM's believed the rumors too. A T-Land CM told me Hillary Duff had just gone on Stitch. I was mad I missed her until I heard it was a rumor to see how long it would take for a rumor to spread through the Cast. Although I got a little suspicious when someone else told me Halley Duff gave her number to one of the CM's.

But this monorail rerouting thing proves they are gutting SSE and putting in that rollercoaster, with the speed track that goes around the ball. I would imagine you would have to move the monorail for that....:rolleyes:

Jimmy Thick

Ever think maybe, just maybe, these guys are pulling your leg? You don't think some of the CM's read sites like this and are laughing at all the commotion over nothing?

The wand is not coming down, if it was going to, it would have.

End of.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
There is no need to shut down the monorail for the construction. The only reason why they would need to interupt service to the monorail would be to allow a crane in for the removal of the wand. They would just need to remove one section of beam for that. The monorail sits far enough back from the wand/SSE. This picture will show how much room there is between the monorail and everything.

http://www.disneypix.com/2000ft/Roll2/Roll02_025.htm

Now, not to be a rumor killer, but did the CM also mention the monorail expansion to AK and to DTD. Or did he make mention of the new Friendship waterway that will be connecting Epcot/MGM and the Magic Kingdom to do away with the busses. :lol:
While I to doubt the wand is coming down it would not surprise me in the least if they did have to close that section of monorail track to do so. Not because it is in the way but depending on the demolition plan it could be in close enough proximity to the work being done that guest on the monorail would technically be entering a construction area which I am sure the Disney legal department would not be thrilled about.

Sherrybaby

I like the wand and I don't want it to come down. Period.

That being said, I speak Spanish and I have heard more than a few people at various locations saying things like, "I didn't know that was EPCOT-we are close maybe we should go there" or "I would not have known that was EPCOT without the sign" (I had a conversation with someone about this at a bus stop.)

The wand is good advertisement for the park. Sure--all of us Disney nuts know that what everyone calls "the ball" <yuck> is EPCOT, but many people who don't do a lot of research or are from another country do not know.

I think putting the wand up was a brilliant idea. Now we just have the boring gray "ball" again. Sure, that's how I remember it as a kid but isn't everyone always on here talking about embracing change, etc? The wand "works" for Disney in many ways that some people do not realize.

Sherry

Vernonpush

I like the wand and I don't want it to come down. Period.

That being said, I speak Spanish and I have heard more than a few people at various locations saying things like, "I didn't know that was EPCOT-we are close maybe we should go there" or "I would not have known that was EPCOT without the sign" (I had a conversation with someone about this at a bus stop.)

The wand is good advertisement for the park. Sure--all of us Disney nuts know that what everyone calls "the ball" <yuck> is EPCOT, but many people who don't do a lot of research or are from another country do not know.

I think putting the wand up was a brilliant idea. Now we just have the boring gray "ball" again. Sure, that's how I remember it as a kid but isn't everyone always on here talking about embracing change, etc? The wand "works" for Disney in many ways that some people do not realize.

Sherry
Sort of the way "The Hat" let's people know that they're not at Universal?:lol:

DisneyFan 2000

Majority of people couldn't care less.:snore:
See, I kinda disagree with you there. My parents are far from being fans (even casual ones) yet even they slipped in a "this looks tacky for such a cool park" comment.

Oh, hi everyone! Long time no chat! :D My Disney park enthusiasm is up and running again so I've made a quiet comeback! Hope to stay here for a while this time...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom