Rumor no more(well...kinda) WAND COMING DOWN!!

ToTBellHop

Any new Wand info is food for thought IMO, but I'll give Marketing the benefit of the doubt on this one because I think they've been genius so far this year.
oh, indeed they have! Free churros and hideous mouse ears...what WILL they think of next?

I actually had a dream last night where Keira Knightley gave me a free small popcorn in the Magic Kingdom. Let's hope they can fulfill my dream.

Based on most of the projects that marketing has inappropriately pushed through in the parks, I don't think they need to be part of the decisions on what happens in the parks. Just focus on the nostalgic commercials that make me wanna book a trip--that's all they are good at.

tirian

I can't blame the marketing dept. They honestly don't have enough time to get a campaign together for October.

A 25th anniversary campaign should have been developed over a year ago if they wanted it to be designed, produced, delivered, and distributed in time.

haveyoumetmark

oh, indeed they have! Free churros and hideous mouse ears...what WILL they think of next?

I actually had a dream last night where Keira Knightley gave me a free small popcorn in the Magic Kingdom. Let's hope they can fulfill my dream.

Based on most of the projects that marketing has inappropriately pushed through in the parks, I don't think they need to be part of the decisions on what happens in the parks. Just focus on the nostalgic commercials that make me wanna book a trip--that's all they are good at.

Let me clarify, I meant they were genius regarding the creative aspects of the campaigns so far this year. Those commercials, which I think are brilliant, and the magazine ads with the celebs. Not the free churros or the homogenizing of "Disney Parks", which I don't think is completely their fault.

SDav10495

But maybe what marketing shot down is a "celebration" in the traditional Disney sense--a full-fledged "now's the time to visit" campaign like we've seen for YoaMD and HCoE...though I would have loved one for EPCOT, I agree that there simply isn't enough time now and it would have conflicted with the (bleh) current celebration. Not surprised if they don't want to do that.

How do we know, though, that they aren't planning something? I think most of us would just like to see some kind of recognition of the event--there have been lots of fan proposals for how to do it on the cheap--and it's possible that, if Jim MacPhee really wants something, we might get something. (Can you tell "something" is the operative word in this paragraph? :rolleyes:) All I'm saying is, we'll never get the commercials or the planning videos for EPCOT's 25th, but let's not rule out the possibility of getting some recognition--banners, announcements, music, merchandise, exhibits--within the park itself, even if it's just for the month of October or the months after it. If there really are people behind the scenes who care about commemorating the event, and we know there are, I can't imagine they'll let it slip by without so much as a public nod toward it. So for all we know, marketing might not have shot down everything yet...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom