Rumor no more(well...kinda) WAND COMING DOWN!!

beachclubbasics

Why couldn't they put up some scaffolding of some sort over the monorail rail so that if something fell during deconstruction that it would hit the scaffolding and not the monorail?

However, I must add my dissent...I like the wand! PLease don't take it away!!!!

EPCOT.nut

I don't really see why this would even be necessary, as it will come down ALOT faster than it went up.

It could probably be done in one evening without even interferring with monorail traffic at all. :shrug:

Any volunteers? I am sure we could put together a Wand Removal Crew.

CThaddeus

Drop that Wand like an alcoholic husband!

And they could have a special night for all of us "Wand Lovers" to sledgehammer that puppy out of existence.

radiohost

We could get Ty Pennington from Extreme Home Makeover to come in and remove it...

Ty:"Move. That. Wand.!!!!!" :lol:

And for story's sake he could interview some posters here on wdwmagic about how its been a long, hard struggle it has been to get the wand taken out of there.:cry: :cry:

It would be a great story!!!

Radiohost:cool:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
We could get Ty Pennington from Extreme Home Makeover to come in and remove it...

Ty:"Move. That. Wand.!!!!!" :lol:

And for story's sake he could interview some posters here on wdwmagic about how its been a long, hard struggle it has been to get the wand taken out of there.:cry: :cry:

It would be a great story!!!

Radiohost:cool:

And it would all be over in ONE HOUR !! :sohappy:

SirNim

I'm sure the risks involved with heavy machinery so close to the track would warrant the very temporary (around one week) use of shuttle service so as to avoid the eastern half of the Epcot monorail loop.

If the Transportation Dept. has been informed of the necessity to make changes to accomodate this de-construction, then by golly it might just be coming down soon! :D

Champion

I somehow doubt they would stop monorail service to take it down.

Unless its to get the crane in there, or something of that sort.

Simply because if they are using the rationale that it is unsafe for guests to be that close to it coming down, they will need to block off A LOT of the entrance area. Its basically the same distance from the wand to the monorail track as it is to the pathway on the other side of SSE, so in order to keep the same safety zone, they'd have to basically close the entire front entrance to the park.

SirNim

Simply because if they are using the rationale that it is unsafe for guests to be that close to it coming down, they will need to block off A LOT of the entrance area. Its basically the same distance from the wand to the monorail track as it is to the pathway on the other side of SSE, so in order to keep the same safety zone, they'd have to basically close the entire front entrance to the park.
Well, SE itself would act as a sort of shield for the western path, I would think. Though, definitely, the eastern path would be closed for the same duration as the monorail would run shuttle service.

Champion

Well, SE itself would act as a sort of shield for the western path, I would think. Though, definitely, the eastern path would be closed for the same duration as the monorail would run shuttle service.

Because it falling on SSE would not suddenly create a much larger issue, and one that is much more dangerous to the people on the other side of the sphere?

The closest the monorail track gets is about 100ft. The same 100ft would take you to basically the old entrance fountain. So they'd basically have to block off from there all the way around SSE.

Going the other way, 100 ft takes you about halfway to Innoventions, so are they going to close that too?

PhotoDave219

Until i get a real, credible source who isn't a $7 dollar an hour monorail pilot, I'm gonna call Bravo Sierra on this.

Its still a rumor, wishful thinking and people hearing what they want to hear.

wickedfan07

I somehow doubt they would stop monorail service to take it down.

Unless its to get the crane in there, or something of that sort.

Makes you wonder if they even thought about how to remove it (or even plasnned on it in the first place) before they designed and built it. Whether its removal is for structural or asthetic reasons, they need to have a really good plan for getting rid of thing, or SSE will be closed long past November 1.

WDWRLD

When they were building the wand they only had a very small wall around the base of the steel structure. I remember walking wp and peeking through the wall and it was no more than 10ft from the steel work. I dont remember seeing any work done during the day so why couldnt they take it down at night? Running the monorail both ways would be so ineffichent, I couldnt imagine how long it would take to get to EP, If you just missed the monorail it would take some time for it to get back.

majortom1981

hmm

Doesnt the monorail track have electricity running along a rail along side the track? Could they shut that section of elec off ? Maybe thats why they are doing it so that if a crane came into contact with it it wouldnt cause problems?

Nemo14

When they were building the wand they only had a very small wall around the base of the steel structure. I remember walking wp and peeking through the wall and it was no more than 10ft from the steel work. I dont remember seeing any work done during the day so why couldnt they take it down at night? Running the monorail both ways would be so ineffichent, I couldnt imagine how long it would take to get to EP, If you just missed the monorail it would take some time for it to get back.
Wasn't it assembled out in one of the parking lots first? I remember seeing it out there somewhere and not knowing what it was, then the next time we visited Possibly the next year?), it was in place.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom