Rumor no more(well...kinda) WAND COMING DOWN!!

Sherrybaby

Sort of the way "The Hat" let's people know that they're not at Universal?:lol:

Yeah, you are real sarcastic and funny but you also speak English (I suppose) and don't use the "Epcot" to find out where Epcot is or that there even IS an Epcot. Try to be tolerant to the diversity of people in this world who might need a little more direction than you when in a foreign country.

Sherry

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
If they attach it top portion to a crane and cut it in half or into more pieces, it should not take long. Given they should know how much the thing weighs they could figure out where to make the cuts to get the thing down quickly.
The wand in over 200 feet tall weighing God only knows how many thousands of tons. I seriously doubt that there is a crane on the planet that could lift 1/2 of that structure and fit in the area it would have to go into. Even if there was there would be no way to keep sections that large from banging into all of the other structures around it as soon as they were detached. If the wand was in the middle of a clear field you might be able to get it on the ground in a couple of days but it would still take quite some time to cut up and haul away.

Expo_Seeker40

sherrybaby,

Si usted tuvo cualquier sentido de los fundamentos de la arquitectura y el diseño, usted se daría cuenta de que esa Tierra de la Nave Espacial es mucho más que apenas una pelota suave y aburrida. La entrada del cementerio y combinaciones de colores marrones y rosa, no ayudan ese tanto, cuando comparado a los diseños complejos originales para los árboles y las plantas que estuvieron en la entrada.

Disney publica varios artículos impresos españoles que muestran la Nave Espacial la Tierra con Epcot en algún lugar en el texto. Para muchos de ellos, ellos pueden asociarse fácilmente la Tierra de la Nave Espacial con Epcot. Si ellos pueden no, entonces quizá debemos tener las varitas sobre el Castillo de Cenicienta y el Arbol de la Vida.

sittle

Yeah, you are real sarcastic and funny but you also speak English (I suppose) and don't use the "Epcot" to find out where Epcot is or that there even IS an Epcot. Try to be tolerant to the diversity of people in this world who might need a little more direction than you when in a foreign country.

Sherry

Whoa Sherrybaby, I think the poster was being quite serious about his comment, not in a racial way.

He's commenting that the Sorcerers Hat at MGM lets visitors know they are at a Disney Park and not Universal Studios much like the Wand above SSE let's visitors know they are at a Disney park.

Now... I say the wand should be removed and sold for a reasonable price to Universal Studios and they can repaint it to fit their new Harry Potter section. Who's with me!!

DDuckFan130

sherrybaby,

Si usted tuvo cualquier sentido de los fundamentos de la arquitectura y el diseño, usted se daría cuenta de que esa Tierra de la Nave Espacial es mucho más que apenas una pelota suave y aburrida. La entrada del cementerio y combinaciones de colores marrones y rosa, no ayudan ese tanto, cuando comparado a los diseños complejos originales para los árboles y las plantas que estuvieron en la entrada.

Disney publica varios artículos impresos españoles que muestran la Nave Espacial la Tierra con Epcot en algún lugar en el texto. Para muchos de ellos, ellos pueden asociarse fácilmente la Tierra de la Nave Espacial con Epcot. Si ellos pueden no, entonces quizá debemos tener las varitas sobre el Castillo de Cenicienta y el Arbol de la Vida.
Usted tiene mejor concepto de ortografia que yo. Yo ni siquiera me se los acentos.....no soy muy buena Latina :cry:

:lookaroun

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Whoa Sherrybaby, I think the poster was being quite serious about his comment, not in a racial way.

He's commenting that the Sorcerers Hat at MGM lets visitors know they are at a Disney Park and not Universal Studios much like the Wand above SSE let's visitors know they are at a Disney park.
im still trying to figure out what in the hell vernon said that needs to be more sensative to foreigners or whatever she was muttering about.

EDIT: *sigh* well, obviously somewhere between the last page i read and this one.... we got into a culture debate and what symbols mean what. oh bother.

CBOMB

I disagree:

I'd venture to say that a vast majority of CMs have no idea whether or not the wand is staying or going.:shrug:

Majority of people couldn't care less.:snore:

Which is dead and buried, and therefore irrelevant.:rolleyes:
I would certainly agree with these 3 statements
Let the joyous news be spread the wicked old wand at last is dead! Ding dong the wand is dead, the wicked old wand! Ding dong the wicked old wand is dead!

Let's hope so anyway. Let's hope Lee is wrong on this one. No disrespect intended Mr. Lee.
Could you possibly be reading something into Lee's statement that just isn't there?
I would just like to clarify that by new path i just meant that they would be re-routing, not that they would be creating a whole new path.

Also, I have been apart of this website since 04 and have been respectful since I got here. I would never create a rumor to cause some craziness. I heard this straight out of the pilots mouth and I feel it holds some validity. I didnt mention I was a big disney fan, I just asked him if he thought the wand was coming down. he said "Its not a matter of if, its a matter of when." I think they need to be aware of such things, and I am guessing they were probably put under embargo but he broke it. Things like that happen all the time. I did say take it with a grain of salt, as i have heard cm rumors that were totally bogus. But, this guy was a kind man with no reason to give me false information.

We will see if this comes true or not within the next couple of months. I give it until November.

P.S. last time i started a rumor thread that i head from a cm, it turned out coming true. (do a search)
You have to be very thick skin to start a Wand thread here lately. There is no doubt in my mine that you heard just exactly what you posted. You made it perfectly clear about that. and even told people to take it with a grain of salt. You could not have made this post any clearer to anyone who cared to read or comment on it. Some CM are very good sources of information, some not so good. Personally I don't know if they are going to put the monorail into shuttle mode or not. That is just one of those things where we will have to wait, and see, so thanks for posting. Evidently with over 100 post, and over5,700 hits on the first day, it got a lot of people's curiosity up. People are going to believe what they choose to believe. I myself am convinced the Wand will be coming down soon.
It just seems from his general statement, summarizing if you will, that he is saying the wand is not coming down. That's how I interpreted it anyway.
Lee has made it very clear in the past he is remaining on the sidelines on the future of the Wand. I think if he ever saids one way or the other you will not have to guess what his opinion is.
Ever think maybe, just maybe, these guys are pulling your leg? You don't think some of the CM's read sites like this and are laughing at all the commotion over nothing?

The wand is not coming down, if it was going to, it would have.

End of.
May I quote you on this?
The wand in over 200 feet tall weighing God only knows how many thousands of tons. I seriously doubt that there is a crane on the planet that could lift 1/2 of that structure and fit in the area it would have to go into. Even if there was there would be no way to keep sections that large from banging into all of the other structures around it as soon as they were detached. If the wand was in the middle of a clear field you might be able to get it on the ground in a couple of days but it would still take quite some time to cut up and haul away.
Superman could do it in a snap!

Champion

It just seems from his general statement, summarizing if you will, that he is saying the wand is not coming down. That's how I interpreted it anyway.

Whats funny is that in his statements in that thread, I interpreted them to mean that the wand IS coming down.

Either way, it doesn't make a damn to me. The wand isn't for me, or for anyone who reads this thread.

I will never understand the hatred people have for it, but the common guest doesn't really care. Only fans do.

I guess the prevalent thought is that if the wand comes down, it will signify the return of 'EPCOT' or 'EPCOT Center'. Here's a newsflash: That park is dead. Epcot is different, and the way it is going is the way it will continue to go, wand or not. They aren't going to stop going the way of 'The Seas with Nemo and friends' when it is immensely popular. The fans of 'EPCOT' will have to deal with it.

hcswingfield

Sherry

Aren't there signs at the entrances, on the exit ramps from the main roads, on the front of the busses that all say "EPCOT"? How could anyone who speaks any language, English, Spanish or whatever, get to a park at WDW and enter the park and not have any idea what park they were in? You don't need a sign on top of spaceship earth to tell you that. And Vern was making a joke, not a racist joke, but a joke about some of the icons that are not popular with all of us on these boards.

CThaddeus

where would they then put their 150-foot top half monstrosity afterwards (I realize it's about 230-feet tall, but probably 300-feet long w/ the curve)? Store it on top of the Universe of Energy? Don't forget that any piece they have must fit under the monorail beam unless you are advocating driving the crane, with the 150-foot monstrosity attached, up I-4 to drop it off in the ocean.

It's going to be a new (temporary) attraction for Epcot - Whack a Wand.

Fun2BFree

I guess the prevalent thought is that if the wand comes down, it will signify the return of 'EPCOT' or 'EPCOT Center'. Here's a newsflash: That park is dead. Epcot is different, and the way it is going is the way it will continue to go, wand or not. They aren't going to stop going the way of 'The Seas with Nemo and friends' when it is immensely popular. The fans of 'EPCOT' will have to deal with it.
I would settle for a compromise if they changed the lettering on the wand to say "EPCOT Center." :shrug: :lookaroun

Eyorefan

Sherry

So maybe they should put a giant neon sign on the Eiffel Tower for those of us that don't speak French. :lookaroun

Champion

Aren't there signs at the entrances, on the exit ramps from the main roads, on the front of the busses that all say "EPCOT"? How could anyone who speaks any language, English, Spanish or whatever, get to a park at WDW and enter the park and not have any idea what park they were in? You don't need a sign on top of spaceship earth to tell you that. And Vern was making a joke, not a racist joke, but a joke about some of the icons that are not popular with all of us on these boards.

It isn't about knowing the name of the park. People will know that well enough. It was about making the park more recognizable as a Disney park. There was a good percentage of guests that did not know it was Disney at the time the wand was built. Now the park has a lot more in terms of characters both involved in attractions and just around in general. Since that is the case, the wand may now be getting viewed as unnecessary to present that image since it is shown in the park in other places.

Krozar

I guess I am not the only one who kind of saw Sherry's comment as demeaning to Spanish speakers. There are people who do their research and there are people who don't. Language has little to do with it. There are many many Spanish resources on WDW. Many people choose to be ignorant. This has nothing to do with their native language. I have to help native English speakers all the time with the most basic issues. It's not a problem, just part of my job.

But I know that Sherry's comment had no intention to be demeaning. So I hold nothing against it or anything like that. Easily getting offended is also due to lack of tolerance.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom