Rumor no more(well...kinda) WAND COMING DOWN!!

Testtrack321

As an engineer in training, I can tell you that taking something down is usually much harder than putting something up in a busy place.

Figment82

Wasn't it assembled out in one of the parking lots first? I remember seeing it out there somewhere and not knowing what it was, then the next time we visited Possibly the next year?), it was in place.

Yes, they built it in the Wonder parking lot, which is used mostly for special events.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
If its true - I don't think they're worried about the whole wand falling down. I think they're moreso worried about any sort of debris landing on the train, the track (imagine the monorail ridding over a hunky of steel - it's blow the tires, and a blown tire is what caused monorail silver to catch fire) and possibly damaging the train. It's kinda like how it's not smart to tailgate a truck full of rocks.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
If its true - I don't think they're worried about the whole wand falling down. I think they're moreso worried about any sort of debris landing on the train, the track (imagine the monorail ridding over a hunky of steel - it's blow the tires, and a blown tire is what caused monorail silver to catch fire) and possibly damaging the train. It's kinda like how it's not smart to tailgate a truck full of rocks.

I'm still picturing the monorail running over a hunky ! :lol:

foxfire

Until i get a real, credible source who isn't a $7 dollar an hour monorail pilot, I'm gonna call Bravo Sierra on this.

Its still a rumor, wishful thinking and people hearing what they want to hear.

(looks up Bravo Sierra)...yeah, I have little faith in Monorail pilots' "inside information". Of course, they could replace the wand with a giant mickey hat on sse.... :lookaroun

DisneyPirate85

What I find interesting is how divided DW fans are on this whole wand issue. Being somewhat new to this sight, and please forgive if it has been done, But have we had a poll on how many like/dislike the wand? Or even what % wants it to stay/go? anyone know? Curious:shrug:

clarkstallings

Suppose this is true and the monorail ends up being operated in shuttle mode. Since only one train can run on a track operating in shuttle mode with only two stations, would it be possible to run the train at a higher speed on the World Dr. straight a way and not compromise safety? It is my understanding that the main reason the monorail's speed is limited is to prevent collisions (excluding speeding through the Contemporary and the hazards associated with that.) Since there would only be one monorail on the line, it seems reasonable to crank it up to sixty or so miles per hour on the straightaway. It might squeeze a few more loads of guests out of the operation per hour.

sillykid

This could be the best news ever. I really hope this happens. :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

SDav10495

While I'm skeptical about this rumor because of the track's distance from the wand--and I'm especially skeptical of anything that comes from drivers or other CMs--it should be hard by now for anyone to look at all the supposed "signs" and completely write off all wand rumors. Yes, the rumors have always been untrue in the past, but you have to admit that more things are happening these days to suggest the wand's removal than there ever were before. SSE rehab, entrance restoration, end of LaL sales, removal of LaL kiosk, possible crane work, WDI shake-up, and rumor after rumor after rumor...I understand that for each of these things there are a million more reasons why they mean nothing about the wand than there are reasons why they might, but it's gotta make you raise an eyebrow when you see them all piling up together over the past few weeks and months.

So while it might seem a little off that monorail service would have to be interrupted for any wand removal, the driver has clearly been told something concrete about some upcoming changes...and it's hardly the only link in the chain.

Bratstarman

Though I would dearly love to see the wand come down, this one just does not add up. As I recall, they took down some of the wand back when they switched from 2000 to Epcot. I don't believe the monorail was down back then. Secondly, the wand structure could be taken down in a very short time - 2 or 3 days.

So I suggest that either (a) this is yet another confused cast member, (b) it's a concocted story just to get the board buzzing, or (c) they will be doing alot of work on SSE that requires heavy lifting hence a large area has to be blocked off. Given the hints Lee and Corrus have been dropping, (c) is a real possibility.

Mr Bill

:ROFLOL: - I think he meant a monkey....:D
Hmm...the Steel Monkeys was the name of my high school's steel drum band. Dude, the monorail better not run them over, I was friends with some of them!

Anyway...I'll continue to hope this is true, while not getting myself too excited about it.

Nemo14

Hmm...the Steel Monkeys was the name of my high school's steel drum band. Dude, the monorail better not run them over, I was friends with some of them!

Anyway...I'll continue to hope this is true, while not getting myself too excited about it.
Never get excited about monkeys - they'll just steal your bananas and laugh at you.

Not that I'd know......

majortom1981

hmm

I kinda got ignored so I will ask again. there is an electrified rail that runs along the concrete track right? If thats true is it possible they are closing that section down so that the crain doesnt touch the rail ?

Kingdom WDW

Let's see what he have here....

Epcot's 25th+Total Rehab of SSE (doesn't seem weird they are reopening it in time for Epcot's 25th)+closure of Wonders of Life+shake up in Imagineering= Don't you think they are going to take it down?

Come on people! There isn't a CM who doesn't have info about it, and Disney execs probably know the majority of people (myself included) hate the wand and plus it was never part of the purpose of the EPCOT CENTER.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I kinda got ignored so I will ask again. there is an electrified rail that runs along the concrete track right? If thats true is it possible they are closing that section down so that the crain doesnt touch the rail ?

I suppose that it's possible. :shrug:

I really have no clue as to if the electricity is done in zones or not :wave:

Anybody else???

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom