Rumor lightyear update to the buzz actions in the parks.

Casper Gutman

Stop calling people out for their hateful comments? Why are we tolerating this? This isn’t an argument, this is people spreading hate. Please delete my account I don’t want to be a member here anymore.
I absolutely understand the impulse to leave, but for what its worth, I hope you stick around. I think you're a valuable voice on these forums, and while recent weeks have been deeply disheartening in a lot of ways, I believe - I hope - that their are still a lot of folks on these boards who support inclusivity.

Just the opinion of a random guy on the internet.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Never change.

At this point, they’re really only good for pictures sometimes, and even then, food photos usually contain a hand with a lot of overdone nail art and construction photos include descriptions that make absolutely no sense if you have even the most basic layman’s understanding of how things are built.

I don't give them clicks, and I was blocked by both the NT and Corless Twitter accounts on the same day (For calling them out for stealing material without giving proper credit, which there is ample proof of them having done on many occasions over the years). :) If I want solid info and rumors, I look no further than this website.

That tweet proves that they do no fact-checking and at this point they are clickbait. Nothing more, nothing less. It also should kill this thread. :)

TikibirdLand

I don't give them clicks, and I was blocked by both the NT and Corless Twitter accounts on the same day (For calling them out for stealing material without giving proper credit, which there is ample proof of them having done on many occasions over the years). :) If I want solid info and rumors, I look no further than this website.

That tweet proves that they do no fact-checking and at this point they are clickbait. Nothing more, nothing less. It also should kill this thread. :)
I dunno. This thread is pretty long for a group that doesn't believe the site that can't be named. ;)
Glad to hear it was made up.

correcaminos

But that wasn't their source, so so they claim ;) i agree though, not reliable at all for rumors.

GimpYancIent

OK! people ponder this. "Light Year" teaser / trailer comes out and though some people get excited over all a MEH reaction by the general public. To raise interest a potentially controversial brief scene is added, after some spirited (actually abrasive) debate the overall general public is still MEH about this movie / animation. Disney does not make adaptations in its parks for MEH. Disney will squeeze what monetary benefits it can out of it and then toss it on a shelf to collect dust.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Hearing a rumor that screens will be installed on all ride vehicles and Disney will be announcing a partnership with Sega to bring “Lightyear: The Game” to the current Space Ranger Spin location later this year. It will be exactly like playing a video game at home, except it will be done inside a $150/day theme park so it will be MAGICAL!!!

😉

lewisc

Hearing a rumor that screens will be installed on all ride vehicles and Disney will be announcing a partnership with Sega to bring “Lightyear: The Game” to the current Space Ranger Spin location later this year. It will be exactly like playing a video game at home, except it will be done inside a $150/day theme park so it will be MAGICAL!!!

😉
Although I suspect you made up this rumor it has a message. Corporate sponsorship,$$$, may be the only way some attractions get updated

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Although I suspect you made up this rumor it has a message. Corporate sponsorship,$$$, may be the only way some attractions get updated

1000% made up. But it's in-line with the apparent "thinking" of park execs these days. Minimum effort, good enough.

Corporate sponsorships are DOA, by the way. Look at Epcot.

JessieLightyear

OK! people ponder this. "Light Year" teaser / trailer comes out and though some people get excited over all a MEH reaction by the general public. To raise interest a potentially controversial brief scene is added, after some spirited (actually abrasive) debate the overall general public is still MEH about this movie / animation. Disney does not make adaptations in its parks for MEH. Disney will squeeze what monetary benefits it can out of it and then toss it on a shelf to collect dust.
You are really determined that the public hates the idea of this movie, aren’t you? I realize that I potentially made myself a joke by bringing up the fan reaction, but my own friends aren’t the only excitement I’ve seen. I do read articles and such from other (reputable) sources; I don’t live in a fangirl bubble. No, not everyone will be interested, but that’s true of even the biggest blockbusters. (I, for one, couldn’t care less about Star Wars and Marvel movies.)

Lightyear’s teaser trailer broke records with over 83 million views on YouTube within 24 hours, then went on to trend globally on Twitter. I’m not quite sure how that’s “meh.” I don’t really care if the ride gets updated or not; after a dismal WDW trip this past December, my family and I have reached the breaking point with what’s going on with the parks, like so many others. I just wish people would let movies come out before declaring they’re terrible or a flop.

Last edited:

FigmentFan82

a children's film.
Actually this is a stigma in the US that hinders the perspective manby have on animation, as simply a child's art form, which it is not. Disney animation, for the most part, is "all ages." Are there films made that would appeal mostly to children? Yes. However this stigma that animation is just for kids is simply not true. Recently, Lord & Miller had a great piece in Variety I believe that called out this widespread stigma on animation as an art form just for kids, which it is 100% not. So while examining animated films we do need to take into account that they are created with the full spectrum of age in mind (at least ones that would bear a G or PG rating).

Now whether or not the content speaks to you in a way that you'd want to spend your hard earned money to experience it is another matter, and is very much "to each his/her own" 100%

But we need to move away from the infantilization of animation as an art form in the US.

OrlandoRising

Trusting that tweet is just as irresponsible as things Tom has published. You can't take it at face value just because it confirms your bias, since it would be very embarrassing to Tom if true.

Theme park rumors are always going to be messy. I'm in no way defending Tom or NT -- I really can't stand how he and his ilk denigrate the rest of the community simply because we don't treat him like the God-King of the Disney fandom -- but again, at least he puts his name on the rumors he publishes. Most "insiders" on here don't and thus aren't accountable for when they publish rumors that come to fruition. So with the exception of Martin, I don't see good reason to consider them any more worthy of trust than Tom.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom