Rumor lightyear update to the buzz actions in the parks.

Fido Chuckwagon

I know it's an Omnimover but I'm pretty sure it has a relatively low capacity because the ride vehicles only seat two people. I'm almost positive I've read that it's less than 1000 per hour, but who knows. It must be lower capacity than other Omnimovers with larger ride vehicles. I believe I've read the two track version of TSM had higher hourly capacity than Buzz, but again who knows if that's accurate.

Looking at Touring Plans reported wait times for the past few days, the wait is similar to Winnie the Pooh, sometimes 5-10 minutes less. The Buzz wait was typically around 30-40 minutes.
Most of the Omnimovers have the exact same ride vehicle capacity as Buzz. 2 adults and potentially a small child in the middle. Haunted Mansion, Ariel, Peter Pan, Spaceship Earth, they all have the same ride vehicle capacity.

UNCgolf

Most of the Omnimovers have the exact same ride vehicle capacity as Buzz. 2 adults and potentially a small child in the middle. Haunted Mansion, Ariel, Peter Pan, Spaceship Earth, they all have the same ride vehicle capacity.

I was just comparing it to Spaceship Earth, which has two rows per vehicle and thus seats more (that wouldn't mean a 50% reduction because the vehicles themselves are larger, but it does affect the overall throughput).

I could certainly be wrong about the Buzz capacity -- I'm only going off what I've read elsewhere. I'm sure someone here knows the actual figure.

Regardless, despite being an omnimover, it's certainly possible that the number could be low. The HRC would be affected by how quickly the vehicles move and how far apart they are. Since the Buzz vehicles spin, they could be further apart than on something like Spaceship Earth for safety reasons. I could also see it moving more slowly to give people more time to hit the targets. That's all speculation, though.

Also, although I'm pretty sure Peter Pan isn't technically an omnimover, it also has one of the lowest hourly capacities at the Magic Kingdom so it shows that an omnimover-like ride can still have a low capacity.

Last edited:

Fido Chuckwagon

According to touringplans, Spaceship Earth and Spaceranger Spin both have the same capacity, 2,000 people per hour (100 people every 3 minutes). Source:

VOTLM has the same capacity:

Haunted mansion has a little more, at 2,400 per hour:

By comparison, Winnie the Pooh is only 1500 per hour and 7dmt is only 1200 per hour.

UNCgolf

That's interesting; I wonder why several places suggested it had a low capacity. I definitely trust Touring Plans over just about anywhere else so I believe they're right.

SteveAZee

Oh, I'm quite serious. I will be boycotting it. Pixar has an agenda that doesn't align with our values. But, I realize I'm in the minority and people still flock to the parks no matter what Disney or Pixar does.
I know it's a bit complicated... separating art from the artist, or the product from the manufacturer.

SteveAZee

When the artist's world view leaks into the art, you need to also judge the art. If the Manufacturer starts creating inferior product, you have to judge that as well. Sadly, the masses don't do that.
For me, art is always from the perspective of the artist, whether you agree or align with that perspective or not. If you think or feel nothing from that art, then it seems like it's a failure as art. You don't have to agree with art (or the artist) to get something out of it. Some would rather have art that reinforces their perspective, their feelings, their framework. Others are fine with all of that being challenged... from the challenge comes growth. One can entertain an idea without having to accept it.

A manufacturer can make an excellent product using dubious means, or make a so-so product via ethical means. I agree that most people don't consider the trade-offs involved.

Texas84

I don’t think this movie is going to be as big as they think it will be. New buzz look and voice is going to be a little weird too.

Whether you agree with it or not, where they added back in a scene and using it to make another statement again isn’t going to help overall either I don’t think.
It's not really a new look. This is supposed to be the character that influenced the toy.

TikibirdLand

I think you misunderstand what art is
No, I don't. The "art" in question here is a movie. It does reflect the creators' vision. However, when their world view doesn't match mine, I refuse to be their patron. I do understand the role of art as a challenge to current views. I don't think the excesses I'm seeing should be in a children's film. As such, I don't be paying for it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom