Rumor lightyear update to the buzz actions in the parks.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Tokyo Disney is doing....something? Difficult to understand, something about scoring more points temporarily? Translated page:

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Tokyo Disney is doing....something? Difficult to understand, something about scoring more points temporarily? Translated page:

Yeah, sounds like they are basically removing the 999,999 point cap this summer. Interesting move, I guess?

Ghost93

It’s not in the works. It’s in discussions. They want to see how the film does. But it is very much an option for MK. It would be a lengthy closure and they already committed to Frog Mountain.
While Lightyear was a flop at the box office, it IS more relevant to today's kids than the animated series that isn't even available on Disney Plus. I do think the movie would lend itself well to a ride, and the Space Ranger Spin (which I personally enjoy) isn't so beloved that retheming it would anger people the way retheming Splash did. They could have much more advanced animatronics and an improved ride system, and sell SOX merch.

Rhinocerous

Premium Member
While Lightyear was a flop at the box office, it IS more relevant to today's kids than the animated series that isn't even available on Disney Plus. I do think the movie would lend itself well to a ride, and the Space Ranger Spin (which I personally enjoy) isn't so beloved that retheming it would anger people the way retheming Splash did. They could have much more advanced animatronics and an improved ride system, and sell SOX merch.
Maybe save that for Liberty Square.

Tha Realest

So you think WDI should spend tens of millions to remake the ride around a film that no one watched and lost $200M, just to change it from an art style that is at least evocative of the main franchise?

999th Happy Haunt

Toy Story Buzz and Lightyear Buzz are basically completely different characters. You tell me which one is more popular.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom