RUMOR - Journey to the Center of the Earth

DarkMeasures

Who cares if Journey is a clone. Every other attraction in Animal Kingdom is not a clone. Dinosaur may have the track of indy, and the name of a movie, but it is still an original attraction. Even Dino-rama is original.

DarkMeasures

marni1971 said:
Lets hope a dragon that is less tempermental than Fantasmic!s. Its great when its working properly, but memories of my first EVER Fantasmic! viewing, 4 hours after a 10 hour flight as we couldn`t wait to finally see the show, were of the poor creature coming half out of the cave and thats it. No wings. No fire. Cue Maleficents rise again, whilst poor dragon just sits there...

Isn't that Dragon a giant puppet? Seems so. Anyway, the wings seem boxy on that.

matt88mph

Okay, I'm going to go against the grain on this and state it loud and clear.

JTTCOTE belongs in Epcot.

I would just rework the storyline to a more sci-fi type and, dare I say it, remove the worm/dragon/whatever. I would replace it with a lava flow, so hot that your vehicle lets off steam, and you see a half-melted vehicle of guests that "didn't go fast enough". Plus, it would finally give a reason to create a geology pavillion. The pavillion should go between The Land and Imagination.

P.S. If they could get the theme park rides to the movie The Core, this would make an awesome ride.

ToTBellHop

a E-Ticket between the Land and Imagination? I don't think there is room w/ Soarin...besides, Animal Kingdom needs new rides more than the other parks.

DarkMeasures

ISTCNavigator57 said:
a E-Ticket between the Land and Imagination? I don't think there is room w/ Soarin...besides, Animal Kingdom needs new rides more than the other parks.

Yeah. Only once have I been to AK until closing and it was still light out. But the lights were on... But it was worthwhile then because the only waiting on Dinosaur was the preshow. Nobody before or after that. And both loading docks were running all day until about an hour until closing.

matt88mph

My idea would have the queue setting in a "top-secret" facility, tucked away behind Soarin'. You "accidentally stumble" onto it, and they figure you're the new explorers they asked for. So due to the top-secret theming, it could go behind Soarin'.

ToTBellHop

matt88mph said:
My idea would have the queue setting in a "top-secret" facility, tucked away behind Soarin'. You "accidentally stumble" onto it, and they figure you're the new explorers they asked for. So due to the top-secret theming, it could go behind Soarin'.
but then there wouldn't be a mountain...

yensidtlaw1969

Not really, the point is that you dig down into the Center of the Earth. You don't need a mountain to do that. Heck, all you really need is a shovel.

SirGoofy

It's an OK idea, but it gets rid of the best parts, which are the Magma Worm and being shot out of a volcanoe at high speeds. The volcanoe makes this attraction. Mt. Prometheus was supposed to be the greatest wienie of all time. A wienie is the name Walt gave an area that beckoned guests to go that specific area. Prometheus is the most spectacular one ever, and JTTCOTE would not be the same without it. It even spews fire from the top! You can't get rid of the mountain!

DarkMeasures

SirGoofy said:
It's an OK idea, but it gets rid of the best parts, which are the Magma Worm and being shot out of a volcanoe at high speeds. The volcanoe makes this attraction. Mt. Prometheus was supposed to be the greatest wienie of all time. A wienie is the name Walt gave an area that beckoned guests to go that specific area. Prometheus is the most spectacular one ever, and JTTCOTE would not be the same without it. It even spews fire from the top! You can't get rid of the mountain!

yeah. But I always considered ToT at WDW to be the greatest ever. But yeah, you can't have Journey without the mountain.

But I don't see Journey making it to Epcot ever. For one thing, Mission Space, and Test Track try to teach riders at least. And they are based off of realism. Journey is based off a Science Fiction book written in the mid-1800s and deals with a lot of fantasy elements. Especially since the book is full of mythical animals and other things like giant mushrooms. Now, Animal Kingdom's goal is to create a park about animals that are alive, extinct, and mythical. I would say that would be perfect place for Journey unless Tommorowland were to be redone to the 1860's Jules Verne future instead of the 1930s-1940s future it has today.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
A real stretch

Boy is this a real stretch. I don't think this could possibly be close to greenlight, but playing along, I agree that it doesn't belong in DAK...look to MGM or even Tomorrowland. Aside from Everest, the only thing I would want to hear about for DAK is resurrection of Beastly Kingdom.

SirGoofy

DarkMeasures said:
yeah. But I always considered ToT at WDW to be the greatest ever. But yeah, you can't have Journey without the mountain.

But I don't see Journey making it to Epcot ever. For one thing, Mission Space, and Test Track try to teach riders at least. And they are based off of realism. Journey is based off a Science Fiction book written in the mid-1800s and deals with a lot of fantasy elements. Especially since the book is full of mythical animals and other things like giant mushrooms. Now, Animal Kingdom's goal is to create a park about animals that are alive, extinct, and mythical. I would say that would be perfect place for Journey unless Tommorowland were to be redone to the 1860's Jules Verne future instead of the 1930s-1940s future it has today.

Yea, I agree that it shouldn't be in epcot. It could fit in DAK however. There are many mythical creatures, which fits AK. I don't think it would fit in MGM because there is no JTTCOTE movie. I would love to see it at the old 20K site, or even at the race way. I would love it even more if it was all of Mysterious Island.

DarkMeasures

No, it wouldn't fit in with the theming of Tommorowland. Tommorowland is based off of the future of the 40s. Buzz and Stitch though have been turning TL one of 2 opposite ways from Jules Verne. Tommorowland is becoming more of a current non-serious sci-fi land. Kinda going back into the future but not really going into the future.

ToTBellHop

DarkMeasures said:
No, it wouldn't fit in with the theming of Tommorowland. Tommorowland is based off of the future of the 40s. Buzz and Stitch though have been turning TL one of 2 opposite ways from Jules Verne. Tommorowland is becoming more of a current non-serious sci-fi land. Kinda going back into the future but not really going into the future.
Besides, the last thing Tomorrowland needs is another mountain. It's already packed with people.

SirGoofy

DarkMeasures said:
Yes, a new E-ride in Tommorowland would be very very bad. I can barely walk there on busy days.

I'm not saying that it should be part of Tomorrowland. I think ALL of Mysterious Island should come and it should be it's own land.

jrriddle

SirGoofy said:
I'm not saying that it should be part of Tomorrowland. I think ALL of Mysterious Island should come and it should be it's own land.

I agree. Mysterious Island should be it's own land where the speedway is as a transition between Tomorrowland & Fantasyland. They could even put in a couple of attractions meant for Discovery Mountain. Like the Magnetic Elevators, Nemo's Lab and the Vulcania Restaurant
Second choice would be in DAK.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom