RUMOR - Journey to the Center of the Earth

ToTBellHop

If Disney had to pay for Disney Sea, it would be a shadow of what Tokyo has. We'd probably get Mysterious Isle and that would be the extent of it, if the pattern that started w/ MGM continues (opening a park with about 3 rides).

jrriddle

ISTCNavigator57 said:
If Disney had to pay for Disney Sea, it would be a shadow of what Tokyo has. We'd probably get Mysterious Isle and that would be the extent of it, if the pattern that started w/ MGM continues (opening a park with about 3 rides).
That's not true. We would also get a new hotel and a bunch of shops. :lol:

Joy

I feel that JTTCOTE should definitely be at Animal Kingdom for 2 main reasons:

1. The other parks already have plenty of great attractions, especially MK.

2. Adding really great Disney ride experiences, like Everest and possibly JTTCOTE would go a long way in helping Animal Kingdom transition to more of a "theme park" experience instead of just a "zoo" like many people complain of.

Adding great attractions with fictional premises definitely goes along with the concept of Beastly Kingdom, and let's face it,,,, Animal Kingdom NEEDS more rides and attractions, what they already have is great (some of my favorite rides, like Dinosaur), but it is not a full park yet, so I for one am THRILLED at any possibility of rides and attractions being added there. :sohappy:

ToTBellHop

Joy said:
I feel that JTTCOTE should definitely be at Animal Kingdom for 2 main reasons:

1. The other parks already have plenty of great attractions, especially MK.

2. Adding really great Disney ride experiences, like Everest and possibly JTTCOTE would go a long way in helping Animal Kingdom transition to more of a "theme park" experience instead of just a "zoo" like many people complain of.

Adding great attractions with fictional premises definitely goes along with the concept of Beastly Kingdom, and let's face it,,,, Animal Kingdom NEEDS more rides and attractions, what they already have is great (some of my favorite rides, like Dinosaur), but it is not a full park yet, so I for one am THRILLED at any possibility of rides and attractions being added there. :sohappy:
My only problem is that I think Animal Kingdom needs C- and D- rides more than $100,000,000 E-Rides. What makes the other parks full-day parks are the E-Rides and the other "filler" attractions that you don't wait an hour to experience but still take up some time and are quality. They could put a mix of 4 or 5 C- and D- rides into Animal Kingdom for the same price of Journey, and it would make this park a full day experience.

ToTBellHop

bgraham34 said:
Why not put the ride in Epcot in the Spaceship earth ride. It represents earth does it not. and you are inside it.
I don't think the Spaceship Earth ride building is really appropriate for the theme of this ride as an underground research facility...

yodathefrog

I agree that it should probably go into DAK as well.

I think it would be a great fit there, especially if the ride is maybe tweeked a bit to go down to the center to see the crystals like the Disney Sea version, but maybe also add some bioluminescent creatures of some sort. That way we could see the types of animals that live underground, with of course the Lava Worm being the one that we didn't know about. That would fit perfectly and really into any part of DAK. What do ya think?

yodathefrog

Got some more stuff that just flowed out of my head...

It could be set up as a mining company at the base of Mt. Promethus. The queue and pre-show all would tell us the story of this mining company and how they used technology, brought about by the stories of Jules Verne of course, to discover the wonders of the ground below us. They could even use this opportunity to come up with some new "original" characters to be our guides to the experience.

It would be very easy to expand on the story that is told in Tokyo and make it so it is not a clone, and a heck of a ride to boot.

Thought I would share my thoughts...

chancellor

Original Poster
It seems to me that AK needs (1) more INDOOR rides (whether they be C, D or E tickets), (2) at least one sit-down restaurant inside the park and (3) another E-ticket. The obvious answer to all of this is to build Beastly Kingdom. However, Mysterious Island IMHO would be a worthy substitute.

But maybe... they're thinking of building a revised Beastly Kingdom anchored by JTTCOE instead of a dragon coaster (since they can clone it, it's cheaper) and then building a land around that with a C or D ride and a restaurant (plus the inevitable shopping opportunities). Camp Minnie-Mickey was supposed to be temporary anyway - it can go, and FOTLK can be moved or the theater re-themed.

Personally, I would think building Mt. Prometheus (even a scaled-down version) on the opposite side of the park as Everest would create a lot more balance as far as traffic is concerned, plus create a "mountain range" much like MK has.

As for MK, although JTTCOE would make a great replacement for 20KLUTS, I don't think they'd ever build a huge mountain behind the castle, let alone one that spouts fire. If they put the ride there, I think they would do it without the mountain (it's supposed to be underground anyway, right?). As for EPCOT, I just don't see it there.

DarkMeasures

chancellor said:
It seems to me that AK needs (1) more INDOOR rides (whether they be C, D or E tickets), (2) at least one sit-down restaurant inside the park and (3) another E-ticket. The obvious answer to all of this is to build Beastly Kingdom. However, Mysterious Island IMHO would be a worthy substitute.

But maybe... they're thinking of building a revised Beastly Kingdom anchored by JTTCOE instead of a dragon coaster (since they can clone it, it's cheaper) and then building a land around that with a C or D ride and a restaurant (plus the inevitable shopping opportunities). Camp Minnie-Mickey was supposed to be temporary anyway - it can go, and FOTLK can be moved or the theater re-themed.

Personally, I would think building Mt. Prometheus (even a scaled-down version) on the opposite side of the park as Everest would create a lot more balance as far as traffic is concerned, plus create a "mountain range" much like MK has.

As for MK, although JTTCOE would make a great replacement for 20KLUTS, I don't think they'd ever build a huge mountain behind the castle, let alone one that spouts fire. If they put the ride there, I think they would do it without the mountain (it's supposed to be underground anyway, right?). As for EPCOT, I just don't see it there.

Well said. Even though the Lion King theatre was made indoors, it still wouldn't be very expensive to move the show to Africa or retheme it to a new area. The show isn't really special. It may be good but those are the parade floats from the Disneyland parade.

Tim G

chancellor said:
Long time lurker and hardly ever poster here. Screamscape (I know, I know) is posting a rumor that AK may get a version of Journey to the Center of the Earth over at Camp Minnie-Mickey to compliment Everest and boost attendance.

I have no idea how credible this rumor is, but how cool would that be?

http://www.screamscape.com/html/walt_disney_world.html
Well.... You said it.... a rumor....

Nothing more, nothing less...

Nothing has been green lighted for something like that...

matt88mph

Woah! I think you're jumping on me for things I didn't say. I never said a JTTCOTE in Epcot couldn't be without a mountain. Actually, I find it pretty funny, a top-secret facility with millions of dollars that couldn't hide a small mountain behind a tall building. And if you think it makes it too busy on the west side, put it on the east, between WoL and UoE. Or keep it on the east side, between The Land and The Living Seas.

Lee

Adventurer
Corrus said:
Nothing has been green lighted for something like that...

Completely true as always Corrus...

Nothing greenlit.

But.....something may well be pulling up to the intersection.

Some of my best sources are declining comment on this rumor.
No confirmation...no denial.

Quote: "There is something coming down the pipe after Everest. Something substantial. To say more right now could put me in a tough spot. Give it some time. The timeframe is such that if "something" gets the OK, prelim. work might start soon in order to hit, for instance, April 2008."

Take that for what it's worth. I've got a couple more similar to it.

Shaman

Lee said:
Quote: "There is something coming down the pipe after Everest. Something substantial. To say more right now could put me in a tough spot. Give it some time. The timeframe is such that if "something" gets the OK, prelim. work might start soon in order to hit, for instance, April 2008."
New continent perhaps? :lookaroun

Wishful thinking I know....*sigh*

Snapper Bean

Lee said:
Completely true as always Corrus...

Nothing greenlit.

But.....something may well be pulling up to the intersection.

Some of my best sources are declining comment on this rumor.
No confirmation...no denial.

Take that for what it's worth. I've got a couple more similar to it.

Nice work Lee. I'm always looking for the next great dark ride. Hope something comes to fruition.

DarkMeasures

Lee said:

That is the date that Beastly Kingdom is supposed to open after it was cut from the park's opening lands.

SirGoofy

Wow. Could that be any more vauge? Now I wont be able to sleep cuz I'll be thinking of whats coming. Well at least I know WDI is working on something BIG.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom