RUMOR - Journey to the Center of the Earth

chancellor

Original Poster
MartyMouse said:
How much more lively can you get with LIVE animals - however AK should be left as it is - there was a time when EPCOT Center was the relaxing park - now the title has been handed to Animal Kingdom - why do they need to make it a thrill ride park???? :brick:

I agree it shouldn't be a thrill ride park. Granted, JTTCOE is a thrilling ride, but it's also a great dark ride. I'd be happy with a mythical-animal themed dark boat ride in the spirit of Pirates or Small World (now that's scary ;) )

If they really want the park to be NAHTAZU, then they need more than they've got right now. The current park simply pales in comparison to its original concept. (P.S. - I'm not one of those people who "doesn't get" AK, I just want it to live up to its potential)

DarkMeasures

MartyMouse said:
How much more lively can you get with LIVE animals - however AK should be left as it is - there was a time when EPCOT Center was the relaxing park - now the title has been handed to Animal Kingdom - why do they need to make it a thrill ride park???? :brick:

Because that is what Animal Kingdom has always been planned to be. And right now Dinosaur, Kali, and Primevil whril do not suffice. (well Dinosaur does, not sure about the other two, but they are still fun)

BeachClubVillas

MartyMouse said:

You find AK relaxing?? I find it the hottest, sunniest and always most crowded of the four parks, regardless of how many people are actually in the park. Epcot used to be relaxing (and in some ways still is) in part because the pathways were so huge and wide open and the park itself was so spread out that it never felt that crowded. Also, since Future World was all Omnimover rides, there were never really long lines. That concept is out the window now. I know that AK is something like three times the size of MK, but it feels 1/3 of the size to me.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
mitros said:
I have not read all of the posts, so I do not know if anyone has mentioned this, but about six or seven years ago, we heard that Journey was supposed to replace Catastrophy Canyon at MGM, This is the first time I have heard this rumor resurfacing in many years.

Welcome to the boards mitros,

This was featured last week at Mouseage. Or MousePlanet. Or Jim Hill. They had a few intersting concept pics too - go take a look if you are interested.

here's my theory. Journey will end up in either AK and be part of a land based on TDS or will end up at the 20k site inconjunction with TDS 20K clone. One or the other will happen. I'd much rather see it in fantasyland personally. Some people will say it doesn't fit, but it's just as much fantasy as anything else there. If it weren't for the fact that there really is no space, we woulda had our volcano ride already in MK however, in adventureland. Seeing that "Fire Mountain" doesn't really fit at all, journey is the obvious choice for a fantasy e ticket.

Tim G

Lee said:
Nope.
Not soon, I don't think.
Nothing is greenlit....could be a while...if ever. :veryconfu
You said it Lee... I've said it a couple of times before... but... you know...:D

Well people :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: So the answer is NO... NJET... :zipit:

WDWFREAK53

Corrus said:
You said it Lee... I've said it a couple of times before... but... you know...:D

Well people :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: So the answer is NO... NJET... :zipit:

NJET means Maibyes Maibno?

Tim G

WDWFREAK53 said:
NJET means Maibyes Maibno?
Njet! as in russian NO.......... my dear comrade... nothing planned at that spot for the moment...

Troika here,
Troika there,
Troika everywhere...

WDWFREAK53

Corrus said:
Njet! as in russian NO.......... my dear comrade... nothing planned at that spot for the moment...

Troika here,
Troika there,
Troika everywhere...

LMAO my bad! I thought you were saying "NJET" as in "not yet"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom