RUMOR - Journey to the Center of the Earth

ToTBellHop

SirGoofy said:
Wow. Could that be any more vauge? Now I wont be able to sleep cuz I'll be thinking of whats coming. Well at least I know WDI is working on something BIG.
WDI is ALWAYS working on something big...I'm sure you'll find sleep sometime between now and 2008 lol

SirGoofy

ISTCNavigator57 said:
WDI is ALWAYS working on something big...I'm sure you'll find sleep sometime between now and 2008 lol

Yea they're always working on something big, but how bout BIG :lol: :lookaroun .

DarkMeasures

SirGoofy said:
Yea they're always working on something big, but how bout BIG :lol: :lookaroun .

Beastly Kingdom can be built and open in 4 years. It is taking 3 years for everest so if there is to be another mountain attraction, we still have a year before construction starts. But then again all the land around Camp Minnie Mickey has been left cleared since park construction and if Journey goes there it would take less time (probably only cut off the ride system testing by half its time) due to the ride being a clone.

chancellor

Original Poster
DarkMeasures said:
Beastly Kingdom can be built and open in 4 years.
Absolutely. The entire park was built in 3 years, so I don't see why BK (or a reasonable substitute) couldn't be put together by 2008, if not sooner. Heck, by building a clone on already cleared land, I don't see why they couldn't put up JTTCOE to open within a year of Everest (end of 2006/early 2007).

DarkMeasures

chancellor said:
Absolutely. The entire park was built in 3 years, so I don't see why BK (or a reasonable substitute) couldn't be put together by 2008, if not sooner. Heck, by building a clone on already cleared land, I don't see why they couldn't put up JTTCOE to open within a year of Everest (end of 2006/early 2007).

Well from what it sounds. Journey only seems to be a recent suggestion. I do hope though that Beastly Kingdom comes. Journey could be a good headliner for this area even though I would like to see a Dragon themed ride in the future.

DarkMeasures

I was thinking. Dinosaur took Indiana Jones and told a different story with different theming. Wouldn't it be possible if Journey was converted into Dragon's Tower? It may no longer be an inverted coaster but EMVs are really cool and high tech and awsome. And so are dragons. And so are towers.

sniggle74

weren't there suppose to be pieces created for a supposed "Dragon's ride"? If I remember correctly - IF all the planets aligned right, BK was created and Reign of Fire did well in the box office - there was suppose to be a coaster/dark ride created with ferocious dragon that was to surpass any other AA around. Help me out here....either I'm creating a great new attraction or I'm not going crazy and had read that somewhere :hammer:

Kopp8699

sniggle74 said:
weren't there suppose to be pieces created for a supposed "Dragon's ride"? If I remember correctly - IF all the planets aligned right, BK was created and Reign of Fire did well in the box office - there was suppose to be a coaster/dark ride created with ferocious dragon that was to surpass any other AA around. Help me out here....either I'm creating a great new attraction or I'm not going crazy and had read that somewhere :hammer:

No, your completely sane, or at least as sane as you were. jk jk :hammer: :lol: If I am not mistaken, the name of the attraction was going to be called "Dare the Dragon" or something to that aspect... I hope that attraction/idea is not completly dead, just lying dormant until it is created in its entirety.

sniggle74

Thank goodness I wasn't going TOO crazy! I can only wish that there is a bit of truth to that rumor. It would be nice to have an attraction once again that none of the other parks have. IF the grumbling are true and that faint heartbeats of mythical creatures are resinating.....maybe we will see a complete AK.

The only other thing that comes to mind...I hope with the creation of Everest and possibly this other new attraction that we don't lose the animals....considering it is call ANIMAL KINGDOM.

Lynx04

I remember reading somewhere that the Lost Continent at IOA is based off of <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place><st1:placeName>Beastly</st1:placeName> <st1:placeType>Kingdom</st1:placeType></st1:place>. What I remember reading was that when Disney fired a bunch of imagineers back in the nineties, some of them went to Universal and worked on IOA. One concept that was brought to Universal from Disney was the BK concept; the inverted coaster themed to dragons and the whole mythical concept. If this is true, maybe part of the hold up to develop the area is because Disney maybe stomped on what theme to put there, since Universal beat them to the concept. Then again I could be thinking to hard ;)

Kopp8699

Lynx04 said:
I remember reading somewhere that the Lost Continent at IOA is based off of <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place><st1:placeName>Beastly</st1:placeName> <st1:placeType>Kingdom</st1:placeType></st1:place>. What I remember reading was that when Disney fired a bunch of imagineers back in the nineties, some of them went to Universal and worked on IOA. One concept that was brought to Universal from Disney was the BK concept; the inverted coaster themed to dragons and the whole mythical concept. If this is true, maybe part of the hold up to develop the area is because Disney maybe stomped on what theme to put there, since Universal beat them to the concept. Then again I could be thinking to hard ;)

You are right, the Imagineers did go to work for Universal's IoA park, and also correct about the fact that the Lost Continent section of the park was sort of the Beastly Kingdom concept, well at least according to what I have read on JimHillMedia.com.... also welcome! :wave:

chancellor

Original Poster
DarkMeasures said:
I was thinking. Dinosaur took Indiana Jones and told a different story with different theming. Wouldn't it be possible if Journey was converted into Dragon's Tower? It may no longer be an inverted coaster but EMVs are really cool and high tech and awsome. And so are dragons. And so are towers.

Bingo. This accomplishes several things - you have a less-expensive ride, since it's part-clone, it takes less time to build (for the same reason), it preserves the BK concept, AND it creates a really cool ride that's totally different from Dueling Dragons (if that was actually stolen from Disney).

Since the TDS Magma Worm is already a killer AA, imagine what they could do changing it to a dragon!

CubbieMan

Kopp8699 said:
You are right, the Imagineers did go to work for Universal's IoA park, and also correct about the fact that the Lost Continent section of the park was sort of the Beastly Kingdom concept, well at least according to what I have read on JimHillMedia.com.... also welcome! :wave:
I don't think that is entirely true...maybe IOA got thier idea from Beastly Kingdom...but the rollercoaster disney had planned was going to be a completely different ride...with an encounter with a huge fire-breathing dragon...it sounds to me as if Everest is more of a variation of what they had originally imagined in the coaster for BK.

Lee

Adventurer
True....
Everest has more in common with the dragon coaster for BK than Dueling Dragons does.
Disney decided long ago not to build an inverted coaster, anyway. Too hard to tell a story.

mitros

Journey to the center of the earth

I have not read all of the posts, so I do not know if anyone has mentioned this, but about six or seven years ago, we heard that Journey was supposed to replace Catastrophy Canyon at MGM, This is the first time I have heard this rumor resurfacing in many years.

chancellor

Original Poster
Lee said:
True....
Everest has more in common with the dragon coaster for BK than Dueling Dragons does.
Disney decided long ago not to build an inverted coaster, anyway. Too hard to tell a story.

True, the themeing for Dueling Dragons ends as soon as the car leaves the queue. The actual ride is very un-Disney. But my point was that since IOA had their own dragon coaster, building a dragon-variation of JTTCOE would get the dragon ride built at AK without looking like Disney was copying Universal (of course, there's the clone issue, but most people who visit WDW have no idea what's at TDS, and even if they did, they might not recognize the ride with a makeover).

P.S. - mitros, that old story about catastorophe canyon was posted by Jim Hill last week (I think) along with some amazing concept photos.

MartyMouse

chancellor said:
This may be a stretch, but I'm just hoping for SOMETHING to liven up AK.

How much more lively can you get with LIVE animals - however AK should be left as it is - there was a time when EPCOT Center was the relaxing park - now the title has been handed to Animal Kingdom - why do they need to make it a thrill ride park???? :brick:

ToTBellHop

MartyMouse said:
How much more lively can you get with LIVE animals - however AK should be left as it is - there was a time when EPCOT Center was the relaxing park - now the title has been handed to Animal Kingdom - why do they need to make it a thrill ride park???? :brick:
Actually, Disney considers Animal Kingdom it's thrill park. All of the rides have some sort of thrill aspect.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom