News Roger E. Broggie overhaul

Captain Barbossa

Original Poster
they have very legit RR crew up in the engine
And WDWRR crew isn’t legit?

unlike WDW where they send maintenance to grease the rods every few trips.
If you’re referring to oiling the wheels and rods at Fantasyland, surprisingly, it’s actually the crew that usually does it. I’ve seen maintenance do it a few times, but normally it’s the fireman or engineer. That’s the lone maintenance related thing they’ll let the crew do lol.

Eh… I wouldn’t necessarily say that is an accurate statement.
Pray tell

disneytrain2001

The fact that WDWRR crew is under Main Street Ops has absolutely nothing to do with the incident you’re referring to. The engineer in the video was in training and it was probably her first time dealing with wheel slip. She’s coming out of Fantasyland station, which is the only grade on the line, and it looks like it had been raining, which means the rails were more than likely wet. Not to mention it doesn’t have to rain for the rails to become wet. Moisture in the air from humidity, which is abundant in FL, can cause it. Anyway, add in the fact that none of the locomotives have sanders, and yeah you’re gonna have a good chance of slipping coming out of Fantasyland Station. Heck, I’ve even seen some of the veteran/old timer engineers slip on the grade. It happens. But to say that it happens because the WDWRR falls under a certain department? That’s a bad take.
Yes, but it was very lucky that the trainee engineer is not making Lilly going too fast and the locomotive only suffered minimal damage to her wheel flanges. She probably eased on the throttle or opened the cylinder drain after blowing the whistle for the Tomorrowland crossing on the other side of the Tron tunnel. We all know the engineers should always slow down for the Tron tunnel when departing Fantasyland.

Captain Barbossa

Original Poster
the locomotive only suffered minimal damage to her wheel flanges.
No one knows if any of her wheels or flanges were damaged. That is all pure speculation.

We all know the engineers should always slow down for the Tron tunnel when departing Fantasyland.
Yeah, no. They shouldn’t. They are on the steepest part of the line. That’s the last thing they should do.

Captain Barbossa

Original Poster
Thank you, I'm sorry that I have to bring this up, because I kept thinking about these over-reacting users on Twitter being hard on that trainee spinning the Lilly Belle's wheels, and I want to defend her that she's not a lost cause.
I said that because that’s all I could see. Not sure what I’m supposed to be seeing around that time stamp.

And if you wanna talk about people being hard on the trainee/overreacting about the incident, haven’t you been a little hard on the trainee/overreacted about the incident yourself?

You live and you learn. Again, she was a trainee. I’m sure she’s a lot better departing Fantasyland under those conditions. And Lilly is just fine. Running as good as she ever has.

disneytrain2001

I said that because that’s all I could see. Not sure what I’m supposed to be seeing around that time stamp.

And if you wanna talk about people being hard on the trainee/overreacting about the incident, haven’t you been a little hard on the trainee/overreacted about the incident yourself?

You live and you learn. Again, she was a trainee. I’m sure she’s a lot better departing Fantasyland under those conditions. And Lilly is just fine. Running as good as she ever has.
I know this is the past, but I was once like those over-reacting jerks reacting to that rather unpleasant Lilly Belle wheel-slip video, but then I realize that berating the trainee is not going to work. I've decided to go easy on her, because I know she's a cast member and cast members want politeness coming from guests.

disneytrain2001

I don’t fault the trainee - it’s not her fault. I blame the trainer and the system that puts a trainee and trainer that are that clueless in that situation on stage with guests on board.
Don't worry, I heard they're now under strict training on operating the locomotives by opening the cylinder drain, ease on the throttle, and put the Johnson bar in neutral position when departing Fantasyland.

TrainsOfDisney

Don't worry, I heard they're now under strict training on operating the locomotives by opening the cylinder drain, ease on the throttle, and put the Johnson bar in neutral position when departing Fantasyland.
Yeah, I’ve noticed they always open the cylinders now as well… that doesn’t really teach someone how to be a good engineer.

See….. why I think the Disneyland engine crew are more legit haha.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom