News Roger E. Broggie overhaul

Disone

Maybe, what’s the capacity difference?
I had to Google that.... I knew it was significantly more but I didn't know the specifics and apparently it does depend on which holiday set that they are using.
Screenshot_20231226-155532.png

Railfan26

Pre 2006 when Lilly started to develop her issues, 3 train ops were about 50/50 with 2. Then they switched to 2 for normal ops with 3 being used for busy days/times of the year. But even on the busiest days, before and after the railroad closed for Tron, they’ve been toughing it out with 2.
Because Disney did 10,000 Job cuts across the country over the past year. As a result of that, the railroad is understaffed and now they can’t run 3 trains on busy days cause they don’t have enough engineers/firemen to do that. They’re even short on conductors as well.

disneytrain2001

Because Disney did 10,000 Job cuts across the country over the past year. As a result of that, the railroad is understaffed and now they can’t run 3 trains on busy days cause they don’t have enough engineers/firemen to do that. They’re even short on conductors as well.
You know the WDWRR is operated by Main Street Operations (MSO) which also operates many of the Main Street U.S.A. vehicles right? Some of these MSO cast members first worked as WDWRR conductors until six months later, they had the opportunity to be trained as engineers/fire(wo)men for six months.

Last edited:

TrainsOfDisney

Different roles within the same department can be paid differently. Pay is not determined by the department but rather by the role.
Oh ok, that makes more sense. Still surprised that engineers are under Main Street operations though. Doesn’t appear that way at Disneyland.

EricsBiscuit

Also DLRR wasn’t owned by Disney until RETLAW was sold in the 70’s. I wonder if that factors into the difference.

Edit: looks like RETLAW sold the attractions it owned at DL in ‘82.

Captain Barbossa

Original Poster
For those who are interested, the Roy thread has started.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom