News Roger E. Broggie overhaul

dtng2000

I'll admit, removing the sanders on all of the WDWRR locomotives is a really stupid idea, no offense. :rolleyes:
It was done on purpose along with the removal of the brakes; steam locomotives in the 1880s didn't necessarily have those, instead relying on a brake car. That's why only the coaches have brakes. However some grades on the WDWRR are pretty steep so maybe sanders should have been left in place.

Railfan26

I'll admit, removing the sanders on all of the WDWRR locomotives is a really stupid idea, no offense. :rolleyes:
I think there are positives and negatives both with and without sanders. To me the twin locomotives are the only ones that don’t need a sander because the weight does it for them. Roy definitely needs a sander because of how much it struggles on rainy days getting up the grade.

JoeCamel

I think there are positives and negatives both with and without sanders. To me the twin locomotives are the only ones that don’t need a sander because the weight does it for them. Roy definitely needs a sander because of how much it struggles on rainy days getting up the grade.
But if they had sanders someone would have to vacuum the tracks to prevent buildup......

Captain Barbossa

Original Poster
Was out today for more testing. First time during regular park hours.

IMG_0544.jpeg

I know a lot of fans are upset about this, but I’m glad they repainted him back into his original/opening day paint scheme.

dtng2000

View attachment 766061

I know a lot of fans are upset about this, but I’m glad they repainted him back into his original/opening day paint scheme.
This should hopefully mean it will return soon. I actually love the opening day scheme as well. In fact, call me crazy, but I’ll take this over the other paint scheme it had.

I wonder if the other three locomotives are currently painted in their original color schemes or an updated one.

Railfan26

View attachment 766061

I saw an engineer’s instagram feed this morning about that. As far as the paint goes, all locomotives came back from strasburg with small differences to the paint scheme. In Roger’s case the that is the font and color they used for the name plate on the sides of the cab, and the wording on the tender. They used a new font for the lettering and it’s now in gold instead of white except for the gold is not metallic like Roy’s lettering. And for the green, I’ll take this over the light green.

Captain Barbossa

Original Poster
I need a visual refresher on the other paint job Roger had.
Pretty much what @dtng2000 said. All of my photos of Roger were taken under shade/cloudy conditions, so it’d appear darker than what it actually was. The lighter shade was done during the Tweetsie refurbishment. He looks more uniform with Lilly now.

Last edited:

Captain Barbossa

Original Poster
But if you said that the photo was taken around the late 1970s or early 80s then how did the photo show a heat exchanger present on the Roger? Think again, did Roger receive that pre-heater in the late 70s?
I didn’t say “late 70s or early 80s”. And, there’s a chance it could be from the 90s, but odds point otherwise. But regardless, it was taken before the Tweetsie refurb, that’s the main point.

disneytrain2001

I didn’t say “late 70s or early 80s”. And, there’s a chance it could be from the 90s, but odds point otherwise. But regardless, it was taken before the Tweetsie refurb, that’s the main point.
No, I swear that photo was taken after Tweetsie, because I can tell that Roger had the incorrect "red and yellow" pinstripping from Lilly on his cylinders instead of his correct "yellow and white" pinstripping.
IMG_0545.jpeg

Captain Barbossa

Original Poster
No, I swear that photo was taken after Tweetsie, because I can tell that Roger had the incorrect "red and yellow" pinstripping from Lilly on his cylinders instead of his correct "yellow and white" pinstripping.
View attachment 766080
Well, it’s not. Roger is still wearing his original paint scheme. But hey, if it helps ya sleep at night, you can claim it’s from whatever year you want to lol.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom