Rockin not starring Aerosmith anymore??

beyondyou

Original Poster
Ok i've heard this rumor since my program started in Jan 09.

that Rockin will now star either the jonas brothers or Miley Cirus(hannah montana):fork:

kill me now if this rumor is true.

shed light on this situation please

magicmaya

That sucks.Why can't they just put different types of music on there like pop,rock,rap,country and sync it with the ride.Yes, the contract is ending for aerosmith.I love the JB but not on my favorite ride.:mad:

Lee

Adventurer
That goes back a long way.
Far as I know, Aerosmith is not being replaced.
The only other band that has been approached about RnRC is No Doubt, and that was for a potential DCA version.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
There's a vast difference in Kiddy Pop and Rock and Roll.

They wouldn't be able to call it Rock 'n' Roller Coaster with either of those bands!

DisneyPrincess5

I guess that makes it a January Fools Joke... :lookaroun

:lol: It BETTER be just a joke!

Why would Disney ever change RnRC starring Aerosmith to anyone else???
I could only see it because due to contract issues (if that could ever be the case) because the ride is amazing just how it is and pulls huge crowds.

yeti

That would be the end of the world as we know it.

They're changing the one in Paris to a popular soloist French singer, it wouldn't be too surprising if they changed this one to a popular soloist American singer.

beyondyou

Original Poster
the only thing i could think of is that if the contract is ending with aerosmith, they could use a disney singer at little to know expense since they're already under the disney name

SWatsi

That would be the end of the world as we know it.

They're changing the one in Paris to a popular soloist French singer, it wouldn't be too surprising if they changed this one to a popular soloist American singer.

Do you mean this? http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/2009/03/wds-rock-and-roller-coaster-good-bye.html
Well the next day was this: http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/2009/04/of-course-it-was-april-fools-joke.html

So that was an April Fools.

It's probably not a bad idea to have a different band in each of the three coasters so I wouldn't fret too much about it. But the replacement would have to make a lot of sense. A well known band that doesn't invoke polarised opinions and knee jerk reactions.

foreverbelle

I am seriously hoping this is just a rumor. Somehow I don't see them replacing Aerosmith with either Jonas or Miley. I don't know (or forsee for that matter) if either would have a longevity enough to pull through....I could be wrong, but I think a ride like RNRC needs to have someone that can appeal to the wide variety and age gap of people, and neither Miley or Jonas is at that point yet.

wolf359

Ever since the first time I rode Rock N' Roller Coaster I noticed how easy it would be to make the band associated with the ride interchangable.

I don't know if it's rumors or jokes or if it is happening tomorrow, but I can't imagine Aerosmith is going to be with the coaster forever, and I don't think they should be.

I just hope the next band/artist isn't too cringe-worthy, although I have to admit the fact that I don't really care for Aerosmith dosn't change my enjoyment of the ride at all, so I doubt the next band will really make any difference either.

yeti

Do you mean this? http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/2009/03/wds-rock-and-roller-coaster-good-bye.html
Well the next day was this: http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/2009/04/of-course-it-was-april-fools-joke.html

So that was an April Fools.

It's probably not a bad idea to have a different band in each of the three coasters so I wouldn't fret too much about it. But the replacement would have to make a lot of sense. A well known band that doesn't invoke polarised opinions and knee jerk reactions.

Oh....

.......d'oh. :eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom