Rock Your Disney Side - 24 hour character party at Magic Kingdom

71jason

Crowds were strange: 3 empty lots when I parked around 6. By 9:30ish, they were diverting crowds to EPCOT. Very busy when I finally hit the park around 10:30--switchbacks on the TTA busy--but people left in droves after the 1 am DEP. Got off Mine Train around 3, almost everything else was a walk-on the rest of the night. 8 pm - 2 am seemed to be the bust time.

Slightly off-topic, but impressed with Mine Train. Ride is a nice length, with a surprising amount of thrills--it feels faster than it is. Only things I didn't care for were Dopey's face (other six worked for me, just Dopey's felt off) and the restraints, which are uniquely uncomfortable for full-grown men. Emphasis on men.

mf1972

just curious if anyone actually stayed the full 24 hours at MK yesterday. if so, that's dedication. if I was 10-12 years younger, I'd take a crack at it. call me "the disney dead" by the time it's all over.

Mark Twain riverboat lost power?
Was at Haunted Mansion and came out and saw the boat cruising really slowly with it's lights off then it stopped and say there for a few minutes until one of the Tom Sawyer boats came to tow it into the dock.
Yep it did! Most exciting part of my night working at the Mansion!!

joanna71985

I was at the event last night. I was there from opening until about 10pm, when I had to leave (I got really sick). It sounds like that may not have been a bad thing, as the character I wanted was insane (the Hercules characters one).

joanna71985

I wanted to, but I got really sick and had to leave around 10pm (which was a shame to me, as I made it all 24 for the Leap Day one)

MissM

Is that Cinderellas coach? Very cute. I don't remember seeing that before.
This is a weeee tiny picture (it's the only version I could find on my harddrive) but way back in 2005 when I was there for Halloween night MNSSHP, they had her Pumpkin Coach out for photos as well. (You can tell this is old because it's in front of the old Fantasyland skyway station!)

wdw-halloween-sm2.jpg

I think they still bring it out for MNSSHP these days too.

cw1982

I saw lots of posts on fb and instagram of people that did last the entire 24 hours! I would love to try sometime but don't know if I could hang! That would mean sleeping the entire next day.

@tinkgrl1685, Exactly- I would be wasted for at least a day afterwards. Unless I was a local, it wouldn't be worth it at all for me. Then again, I've never been one for all-nighters so there's not much that could make me stay up for 24 hours straight.

See, part of me wants to agree with you both, that I too would be dead to the world the next day. Then again, part of me thinks it would be totally worth it lol ;)

Next Big Thing

I was in COP around 3:30 and can vouch that 30s dad was in that exact stat. Mouth not moving, arm looked detached. It was very uncomfortable to see him in such rough shape.

Kman101

I just can't believe that's allowed to be run like that. Such bad show. I couldn't even bring myself to go in there yesterday because of the poor condition we keep hearing the attraction is in.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom