Rock Your Disney Side - 24 hour character party at Magic Kingdom

disney4life2008

Nope I went last year and did 6
@tinkgrl1685, Exactly- I would be wasted for at least a day afterwards. Unless I was a local, it wouldn't be worth it at all for me. Then again, I've never been one for all-nighters so there's not much that could make me stay up for 24 hours straight.

That happened to at last years event. I was worked in Fort Myers from 7am until 4pm, then drove to Magic Kingdom (3 hours); arrived at MK around 7pm and stayed all night until the 6am closing. By 6am I was a zombie. What made matters worse was I could not check into my hotel off site until 4pm and I was dead tired. I ended up going to AK and sleeping through several shows of Lion King, lol.

jesemeca

We made it from opening till 4:40am. By the time I went back to bed this morning I had been up for over 26 hours. Then I only got about 5 hours of sleep. Honestly, I'm not that tired yet. But I have to get up early again for Star Wars weekend, so off to bed I go. I'm not sure I would do it again, but it was a very fun day. I saw the sunrise over Cinderella Castle, met some Instagram friends, rode the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train and met Maleficent and the Evil Queen. Overall it was a great day. It would have been even better if it wasn't so hot. That's what almost did me in. I will be posting a trip report about it all sometime in the future, after I finish my cruise report!

jesemeca

To let ya'll know, I was capturing the live stream from both parks, I have WDW done being sorted, I missed from 1:01:25AM-4:07:10AM. Other than that it's pretty much there. Will head to youtube once I render it. Time for music then It's on to sorting 4 DLR cams at about 5 hours plus each

I will be keeping an eye out for these. I walked by and waved a few times.

jesemeca

The cooler temps was the best part for me. We left around 3:30. When I almost fell asleep on the train I knew it was time to call it a night.

The FP+ for Anna/Elsa & Rapunzel/Flynn was a mess when I went. Waited about an hour; line didn't even move for about 25 minutes for some reason. Flynn was fun but in hindsight I would've done something else if I knew it would eat all that time. I took one look at the wait time for Mal & EQ and kept on walking. No thanks!

We left at 4:40am after three of the five of us fell asleep on the train. Lol.

ImagineerDude

See, part of me wants to agree with you both, that I too would be dead to the world the next day. Then again, part of me thinks it would be totally worth it lol ;)
Trust me, it's totally worth it!

We did it last year and were gone from Indiana a total of 47 hours. Only 31 of those we in Florida and we flew! I really want to go next year if they do one! Any rumors about the next one? I need a trip to start planning.

bluewings

I would love to try it. I think I would have a decent chance at it, I've been awake 24+ hours straight before but that was mostly out of the sun and nowhere near as much walking.

SorcererDonald16

We left at 4:40am after three of the five of us fell asleep on the train. Lol.
I saw a lot of folks catching cat naps there! Not a bad place if you can sleep while in motion (something I've always struggled with).

I didn't know about the cameras or I would have waved! I got there around nine, left around 1; came back 5:30 or so. More than enough for me in that heat.

Cesar R M

I was in COP around 3:30 and can vouch that 30s dad was in that exact stat. Mouth not moving, arm looked detached. It was very uncomfortable to see him in such rough shape.
he fell ? got stuck somewhere? or how could it happened? I mean.. his arm detached and wrist cut in half?
sounds awful!

R W B

Staying awake for 24+ hrs is not a problem for myself, staying inside the Magic Kingdom for 24 straight hrs is what would be my problem. I can't stay there all day on a normal operating hour day, idk how I would last. I hope to try it with my fiance one year though, hopefully next year if they do it again.

disney4life2008

Staying awake for 24+ hrs is not a problem for myself, staying inside the Magic Kingdom for 24 straight hrs is what would be my problem. I can't stay there all day on a normal operating hour day, idk how I would last. I hope to try it with my fiance one year though, hopefully next year if they do it again.

LOL I could do 24 hours in shifts with at least 4 trips to my room to sleep. But 24 hours nonstop in the park is too much for me, lol. I love MK but that is overkill. On a typical vacation I timeout about 5 hours and that is when I need to leave to another park or go back to my room.

horizons82

Sorry for being off-topic a little, but when I was checking the wait times on the MDE app, at no point did any of the wait times seem to be as bad or as high as I would have expected for this event.

From anyone who was actually there--what were the crowds like at various times for the 24-hour event? Just from looking at the app wait times, it actually seemed to be a slower day overall--perhaps because the 24-hours was able to spread the crowds out some?

cheezbat

I stayed at the parks the full 24 hours...but I park hopped. 24 hours straight in the MK is just too much. After about 15 hours I'm set.

cheezbat

I was quite disappointed with this event. They advertise it as a big rare character event, yet aside from Hercules characters and a few more rare villains...where were half the characters in the photo shoot?

wdrive

I was quite disappointed with this event. They advertise it as a big rare character event, yet aside from Hercules characters and a few more rare villains...where were half the characters in the photo shoot?

At home because TDO (and TDA for that matter) won't cough up the money

Sketch105

I had a great time at the event, but my biggest disappointment was I had yet another chance to meet Bowler Hat Guy, and I still didn't get to (the line was long, it was 3am, and my friend was getting tired).
DSC_3755.JPG
2ab4156f523e4744ebfa5782dfefb8da19a7c9c5.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom